group home (part 2)

lol this has been in my drafts since i posted the first part lol i need to get a grip!

//

"Happy Valentine's Day!"

Janet looks up from watching television and chuckles at the sight of Austin. "Austin, you don't live here anymore. Return your key to my office."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll get to it," he says with a playful roll of his eyes as his arms was full of Valentine's gifts. "Are the girls here?"

Janet nods, gesturing to the hall where the rooms are. "Rose is out, but the twins are in their room. We have a new girl, but she's kind of jumpy around men, so be nice. I think she's in the twin's room. If not, she shares a room with Rose."

"Yeah, Ally told me a girl named Wendy moved in. I got her a gift," he tells her, then irks his eyebrow. "Wait, what about Ally? Is she home?"

Janet sighs and nods. "Yeah, but she's been going through it today. I don't know if she's in the mood for visitors."

Austin nods, frowning a bit. "I'll just check on her to see if she wants her gift."

Janet nods, allowing him to go greet his former housemates. He hears giggling from the twin's room and peaks his head in, seeing Hannah and Jill giggling with the new girl, Wendy. She looked a little younger than them, but not too young.

Austin clears his throat to interrupt their conversation as she steps inside. "Who wants to be my Valentine?"

Hannah and Jill look over and grin happily at the sight of Austin. "Austin!"

As Janet said, Wendy's demeanor completely changes as he steps inside. He watches as she doesn't meet his gaze and looks away from him.

Still, he smiles at the twins and digs in his bags of Valentine's to hand them each a small basket of candy's with a small teddy bear. "Here you go, girls."

"Wow, thanks!" Hannah thanks him excitedly as she grabs the basket.

"Yeah, thanks, Austin," Jill laughs happily as she digs through hers. "My boyfriend's basket was better than this, but... I guess yours is good, too."

Austin glares at her and pushes her gently, chuckling at her. He grabs another basket and turns to Wendy, sending her a soft smile. "Hi, I'm Austin. I used to live here, too. I just moved out in January. I know we didn't live together, but I still brought you a basket."

He offers it to her and Wendy's eyes widen slightly, staring at the basket of candy. Hannah rests a hand on her shoulder, smiling at her. "Austin is cool. It's okay."

Wendy looks at Hannah, then back at the basket. She cautiously accepts it, but doesn't meet his eyes as she softly says, "Thank you."

"No problem. Nice to meet you."

Austin exits out of the twin's room and goes to Rose's room to place her basket on her bed. He didn't bring Lin and Kai anything, but he still pops in to say hi to them and speak for a bit before heading to Ally's room.

He knocks on her door softly. "Ally, it's Austin."

They hadn't really spoke much since he moved out. They didn't go to the same school, so it's like not he saw her often. The few times he has visited the house, she was at work or somewhere else. Usually, they texted, but they were both too busy sometimes to reply.

He hears moving around and steps before her door clicks and the door is opened. Austin greets her with a smile, but it drops as he sees her eyes puffed up and her nose red. He irks an eyebrow and pushes her back into her room as he comes inside. "You okay?" He asks after shutting her door.