goodnight n go

tell me why you gotta look at me that way

"Austin, you have to promise you'll give your honest opinion." Ally says to him while she finishes putting on the dress she was putting on the dress for her birthday dinner.

"You know I'm always honest, Als. C'mon. Let's see it." Austin speaks in an amused tone, leaning in seat outside the dressing room.

She takes a deep breath and steps out of the dressing room, a nervous smile on her face.

His eyes look her up and down, and they show a look or adoration. If she's not wrong, also maybe a bit of lust and hunger? But no, that couldn't be. Austin is her best friend.

They've known each other since Freshman year of high school, and the two have been connected by the hip. They've been through everything together. He's always been there for her and vice versa. But something has changed recently.

She's been more... attracted to him. It all started when they got drunk during a Halloween party. They were grinding, dancing, kissing... almost even took it too far before they passed out. They promised to forget that night, but it echoes in the back of her head everyday.

"You look fucking amazing, Als," he murmurs. He lowly nods his head while taking a lick at his lips. "That's the one."

She grins and opens her mouth to speak, only a voice in the dressing room next to hers speaks up as she comes out. "And me?"

"Eh, you could do better," Austin speaks in an unimpressed tone, but chuckling standing. "I'm just kidding, babe. You looking beautiful, but this is Ally's day."

He goes to embrace and kiss his girlfriend, and it brings Ally to the reality that they're not meant to be anything other than best friends.

"I know," she laughs and looks at Ally. Her face changes to one of awe. "Oh my gosh! Ally, that dress is gorgeous! You need to get that one!"

Ally smiles and turns to look in the mirror on the wall. The yellow dress suited her very nicely. "I will."

lately all i want is you on top of me

"Austin?" Ally speaks in a confused tone as she opens her apartment door at 11 o'clock at night to see her best friend looking devastated. "What's the matter? What happened? Why are you—"

Austin falls into his best friends arms and sits there, sighing. "Francine cheated on me. I came to her apartment and she was having sex with her fucking coworker."

"Oh, baby, c'mon."

Ally makes her best friend a cup of hot chocolate (his favorite) and her a cup of tea. The sit at the counter in her apartment and Austin just gives her a look of sorrow. "I thought I was a nice boyfriend. I took her out a lot, I always complimented her, and I'd say my sex was pretty good."

Ally giggles at the last time part and shrugs. "Some women are unappreciative, I suppose."

"Yeah, tell me about it," he sighs, stirring his cocoa with the spoon his left inside. "I mean, it's like everytime I get into a relationship, I get cheated on or used. There has no be something wrong with me."

Ally gives him a look, and Austin gives it back. "You really don't know?"

"No. You do?"

She nods with a slight laugh. "Yeah. It's me."

He looks confused. How could Ally be ruining his relationships? "You're sabotaging my relationships?"