non existent strings

Do you know what it's like being the new girl in school?

You're scared. Everyone judges you off of that one, first outfit you wear. It kind of puts you in what clique you'll be hanging with, too. There's nasty murmurs from females and whistles
from male's as they slap their hand with another male, saying loud, sexual comments to her directly. Really, all you want to do is get to your locker and to class. Maybe it'll make the day go by fast.

You're self-conscious. Those rude girls murmuring things about you don't really affect you until you're home and just stare in a mirror. But the guys' whistles and hollers confuse you a little. You don't know if they're making fun of you or just being pigs. It's hard.

Ally sighs as she looks over the locker numbers until she finds 379. 375, 376, 377, 378, and finally... no more lockers on this side of the hall. She sighs and goes around the corner, not ready for the hallway of everlasting students. But she's surprised when there's barely a student in this hall. There were only a few and they were off, on their way to class.

A small smile dances on her lips and she looks at the first locker to her right, seeing them in the four hundreds. She looks over to her left and sees... a guy kissing some girl. And the lockers next to them were 380, 381, 382 and so on. Damn, first day. You're not going too well.

Ally sighs before coming a bit closer and stuttering out, "Excuse me."

Her sweet voice almost made her want to wince. God, she hated her voice. It made her come off as some sweet, naïve, young girl. But she was almost seventeen and innocent shouldn't even be in her vocabulary.

The boy with dirty blond hair pulls away from the girl and she groans, murmuring something about 'forget her'. The boy gives Ally a blunt look then his eyes travel look up and down her frame. He doesn't recognize her from anywhere, so he asks, "What?"

Ally wasn't fazed and he seemed to be interested in that. "You guys are on my locker. I'm new here and my locker is 379."

He raises an eyebrow, but doesn't say anything to her. Instead, he turns to his female friend and commands, "Go to class," She gapes at him, shocked that he'd just tell her to leave. But with one raise of his eyebrows, she's stomping off to class. "There you go."

Ally gives him a small smile and comes forward to put in her combination. The blond's eyes never leave her. Was he trying to intimidate her? It wasn't working. She's dealt with worse. Hell and back, actually.

"What's your name?" He finally speaks up, still staring at her as she opened her locker.

Only a beat passes before she looks up at him and says, "Ally." She goes back to putting her things in her locker. Ally takes out her schedule and puts it on the top shelf before grabbing her things.

"Austin."

She hums and nods, gesturing that she didn't care, but was listening. Ally grabs her notebooks for the next three hours and money for lunch from her bag. Her pens were inside the spring of the notebook, so she was good. Closing her locker, she twists the knob before walking off. Her first class was Spanish and she didn't know where the hell that was, but she'd find it.

Ally only gets to the middle the hall before the boy, Austin, is catching up with her.

"You might want this, Ally," he says, smirking a bit as he hands her the schedule that was in her locker. She raises an eyebrow at him, though he just shrugs and says, "23. 15. 31."