unsoundly love

sequel to unsoundly kindness!

//

It's been a month and they've barely spoken outside of their classes.

Austin was in the middle of his parent's official divorce while Ally's aid was acting up, so she didn't really wanna be around him. Austin didn't mind her voice without the aids, but he always had to ask her to repeat herself, so she felt embarrassed.

Austin makes the decision to talk the American Sign Language teacher in their school about helping him with sign language.

The internet wasn't really helping and he was a bit too embarrassed to ask Ally. Why should she have to teach him something that he should already know? Like, if he runs into another deaf person, he should be prepared!

Only, as he's talking to her about sitting in her class during his free period, the exact being that brought him here, walks into the room.

Austin doesn't notice her at first, but the teacher does. "Oh, how about you have Ally teach you? She's a pro at ASL. She's even taught me a few things myself."

Austin irks his eyebrow, turning around to wonder why exactly she brought up Ally, but his eyes widen as he sees her. "Oh, hi... Als."

Ally smiles as she approaches him and Mrs. Hadler. "Hi, Mrs. Hadler. I just came to stop by to tell you I finished recording that tutorial you asked for. I emailed it to you."

The teacher grins happily and claps her hands together before signing to Ally as she spoke. "Thanks, I'll have that Amazon gift card by the end of the day. Just come back to my class after my lunch at two," the woman then turns and references to Austin and grins. "This is Austin. He's interested in learning ASL. I think you would be a good tutor, if you have any free time."

Ally smiles smugly at him, to which Austin was scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, I know Austin. I'd be happy to help him with some words. Come on, Austin, let's go talk about some times to meet up."

Austin rolls his eyes playfully as he moves from leaning on the desk to follow Ally out. He turns to look at the teacher. "Thanks, Mrs. Hadler."

"No problem, hun!"

As they exit the room, Ally nudges him. "Are you trying to learning sign language for me?"

Austin gives her a look, smiling lazily. "Of course I am. It's, like, your native tongue and I can't even sign my own name. I know how you get your aids start acting up, but I want to be able to still talk to you while you're comfortable."

Her cheeks blush and she stares up at him. "Why didn't you just ask me? I'd be happy to help you."

"I kind of wanted it to be a surprise. Like... I ask you on a date, but instead of asking, I, like, sign it or whatever. Plus, I didn't want to feel like a burden to you."

Ally laughs and shakes her head at him. "Trust me. I would've been waiting for the date for a while, Austin," she giggles. "Sign language takes a while to learn. It took me a whole year of practicing it. My parents are even still learning. You wouldn't have been a burden; it's sweet that you care that much to learn a different language for me."

Austin sighs but understandingly nods. "Yeah, I guess you can teach me since the cat's out the bag. Are you free tonight?"