scare for a dance

"Boo!"

The brunette screams, nearly flinging her purple solo cup into the crowd of people of the crowded house. She turns around, a tight glare on her face. But she smiled when she sees who it is.

Goal of the night: first girl you scare, ask her to dance.

It's been a tradition for Austin to throw gigantic Halloween parties ever since high school started. Of course, he was a Senior now and this would be the last party, so everyone and anyone could come. Austin's dad was mighty rich and was also in New York, so of course he was going to use his huge house on the beach for the last Halloween party he'd ever throw in high school.

Everyone came. You'd have to mighty stupid to not come to Austin's parties. Especially his Halloween ones. He always went all out, even if everything would end up ruined.

Halloween themed candy, darkly colored lights, Halloween decorations, and everyone had to wear some sort of representation of Halloween. Rather it be a clown nose, a witch hat, or even just the color of your clothes.

But this girl, she had on painted cat whistles and cat ears, and he couldn't lie: she was very pretty. He had never seen anyone with such big eyes. They were almost hypnotizing.

But he pulls himself together and leans closer to her ear so she could hear him over all the chaos. "Having fun?!"

She scrunches her eyebrows together, not comprehending his words. She yells back, "What?!"

Austin comes a bit closer and yells, "Are you having fun?!"

"Oh, yeah!" She says loudly back, nodding as she bounced along to the music. "This party is amazing!"

"Thanks," Austin yells back with a smile. "I have this objective for me to complete tonight and I think you're the perfect person to join me!"

She laughs and takes a sit of her cup. "I'm not going upstairs with you!"

He laughs at that, his eyes scrunching up a bit. "No, no! I wanted to ask if you wanted to dance!"

He thinks her cheeks brighten, but he doesn't know due to the randomize colors fading in and out. Regardless, she nods, finishing her drink and places the cup on the table.

Austin grabs her small hand, pulling her out the too crowded area. He takes them to an area that wasn't completely empty but also not squished. Turning around, he grabs her hands and turns her, making her laugh a bit.

They jump and bounce to the music with their hands in each others around before Austin leans closer to her and asks, "Hey, what's your name?"

Thankfully, they were farther away from the speakers now and could talk without yelling. "Ally," she smiles at him. "I already know who you are, I haven't stop hearing it since October started."

"Yeah, I throw the best Halloween parties," he says and pops his fake collar, resulting in another laugh from her. "You go to Jarid High?"

Ally nods, still slightly bouncing from the music. "Yeah. I just transferred this year, so that's why I've never been to one of your parties."

"Well, I'm glad to see a cute little cat is enjoying herself," he flirts, adding a wink for his own amusement. "Otherwise, I'd have to get the dogs."

Giggling, Ally covers her mouth for a moment. But she recovers by resting folded arms on his chest as if she's laying on him and a sly smirk on her face. "Cats are better than dogs."

His hands snake themselves around her waist, raising an eyebrow. "Really? Dogs are much better."

"I know, but I'm a cat right now, so we're better. Momentarily, anyway."