Princess

"I see why you like it up here," Ally breathes, amazed by the sight from the school's roof. "You can see everything."

Although, her blond friend just shrugs, inhaling his cigarette. He blows out the wipe smoke and says, "It's just funny dropping ashes in front of people or Mr. Lang going fucking insane because there's cigarette buds in the entrance of the school."

Ally frowns, not liking what he got out of this view, but sighs and comes next to him. It's quiet. He was inhaling and blowing his cigarette and she just felt anxious because she always does around him.

He was her friend. She didn't know if Austin actually liked her, though. He treats her like an innocent, naïve child. The only reason they 'know' each other because he was her biology partner. Other than that, he pretty much hung around her because he had no one else to hang around. He didn't want to be alone, but he also doesn't like being bothered.

Austin wasn't useless, though. He's the reason why she doesn't get bullied as much. She was still sort of the new girl (only starting a month ago) and people liked picking on her for whatever reason. Everyone feared Austin, but it wasn't just because he looked cold. Whenever he threatened someone, it sounded like it was guaranteed and it wasn't a pretty guarantee.

"What... what does a cigarette do?" Ally asks, turning towards him with a frown.

"Give you cancer."

"No, like, why do you smoke them so much? It doesn't get you high or anything, does it?"

He let's out a chuckle. It's merely from humor and more from her being so naïve. "Stress reliever," he says, blowing out white smoke. "You want to try, Princess?"

Ally shakes her head viciously, rubbing her arms as goosebumps start to form. "No-No, thank you."

He shrugs, turning back to the view and inhaling his cigarette once again.

-----

"So I was thinking we could do the project at my house," Ally smiles, following Austin as he went to his car. "I mean, not that I don't want to visit your house. I just want to go to mine. My parents are going to be home and they're usually at work, so I'm excited. You should meet them. They haven't met any of my friends---"

"Maybe because you don't have any." Austin snarls, stopping and turning around to face her while they're in the parking lot.

Ally abruptly stops, almost bumping into him. She stares up at his cold, glaring face and winces. She didn't even know what she did, but he seemed pissed off.

"I'll go over your fucking house. Just shut the hell up for a second, okay?"

She frowns, but nods. He turns back around and walks to his car. Ally crosses her arms and goes back toward the school, going to catch the bus home. She hated the bus.

This is what she meant by her not knowing if Austin was her friend or not. They didn't act like friends. She could've sworn he hated her most times. Austin wasn't ever really nice to her, either. It was sort of one-sided most times.

"Princess," a voice, which belongs to the blond boy, sneers. She could hear him rolling his eyes. "Where the hell are you going? You know you hate the bus."

Other times, he looked out for her like a friend.

Ally's cheek light up as she turns around, walking back in the direction of his car. "I thought you were mad at me."