a winter break together [sequel]

sequel to a summer together!

"You look nice," Austin compliments through the screen as she answers the FaceTime call while she's putting on mascara. "What are you up to?"

"It's our homecoming here, and the game is going to be epic," she laughs, moving out of the camera to grab her lipgloss. "Mary and I are going together, but I don't know where she—"

"Ally, the game is starting in an hour and I want good—" she pauses to look at her phone screen and sees Austin. The girl grins and looks at her longtime friend. "Hey, Austin!"

Mary has gotten transferred to MSU the past month due to there being complications with her scheduling, boarding, and everything. She had decided to go to a different college she was accepted into, which just happened to be Ally's also. The two also ironically got roomed together, probably because they were the few people here who graduated early.

"Hey, Mary," he grins in the screen, staring down at her tight fitting outfit. "Jason isn't going to like that."

Mary rolls her eyes but then bites her lip. "How is he, anyway? We haven't gotten a chance to talk for a while and—"

"He's fine," Austin interrupts, seeing his friend starting to break down in nerves. "He's doing good; games and grade and all."

"How about girls?"

"Hasn't look at one yet." He laughs, watching her face glow with happiness.

"Okay," she grins, then turns to Ally. "But seriously, we have to go."

"I need to save my battery for tonight, so I'll call you tomorrow, Austin." Ally asks as fixes her hair once more.

"Alright. See ya Ally."

"Byeee."

Then he's alone, nothing but his thoughts.

Man, he missed her. Austin had never felt anything for a girl than what he felt with Ally. It's been almost three months now and he's tried to go back to his charmer ways but... it's not fun anymore. He doesn't get a thrill out of it.

He knows he wasn't too deep in Ally that he was in love, but moving on from her was hard.

Austin used to have fun jumping from girl to girl on a weekly basis, but after staying with Ally for two months... the joy isn't there as much anymore.

He gets another phone call and it's Jason. He answers, for the boy to say, "You wanna hang tonight?"

"Sure," Austin sighs, sitting up. "I'm not in the mood for a party, though."

"Me neither," Jason chuckles. "You wanna come over and play the game."

"Yeah. See you in ten."

Him and Jason had gotten closer over the past few months. He was his only friend out of his friend group to promise that he'd help him overcome his heartbreak of Ally leaving.

Kyla did too, but she's more of the motherly type that gives good advice while Jason was easier to talk to since his girlfriend of three years was also gone.

He appreciates Jason for sticking by his side and not being one of his friends to always try to hook him up with other girls and drag him to parties.

———

"Man, you should've seen her..." Derrick gloats, biting his lip as he stared up at the ceiling. "That swimsuit was barely there."

Austin's group of friends sat at the Quad just after school ended. They usually sat here and met up every Friday befor or after school to discuss their plans for the weekend.