Love is...

Love is... not wanting to hang up after a busy day

"And then," Ally breathes in to attempt to stop her laughter, holding the phone on to her ear. "She spit the strawberries out and everyone laughed! Liya was so embarrassed, Austin! I wish you were there!"

Austin, on the other line, leans on his arm with a slight smirk. "I wish I was there to see it, Bae," he murmurs, turning on his side in his bed. California's not that great without you bugging me."

Ally smiles and sits up in her bed to keep herself awake. "What did you do today?" She asks excitedly.

Austin loved when she was perky and excited like this. He wishes he brought his laptop so he could see her eyes light up and smile brighten. But her voice is enough for now.

"My mom's boy- I mean, my step-dad and I did some 'bonding'," he sighs, running his hands through his hair. "Aka, I had to babysit his daughter while he did whatever he wanted."

"I love kids," Ally exclaims, her eyes widening even more in joy. "Especially May! May is so so cute!"

Austin chuckles and takes the phone off his ear to put it on speaker. He lays the phone next to him before responding, "I know, but she's a handful."

"I want a kid one day."

"I'll give you one. Not now, though. Or anywhere near the next five years."

Ally turns out her lamp and falls back on the bed, her grin falling. "Are you going to marry me one day? Like, when we have a house and money and stuff?"

Austin smiles. Man, he loves her so much. Ally was only a year younger than him, but she was so child-like. She always had these huge dreams and ideas, Austin couldn't even try to tear them down, no matter how unrealistic they were. She was just so cute and filled with hope.

She was tired, though. She spoke a lot of dreams when she was tired so she'll dream about them.

"Of course. We're gonna get a big house and have a bunch of kids."

"I want three boys," she giggles softly, feeling drowsy. "I want them to have my hair and your eyes. And they'll be funny and sweet just like you, but really clumsy and smart, too."

"You're tired. Go to sleep." Austin orders, smiling.

"I don't wanna," Ally murmurs, closing her eyes. "I want a yellow house with a big kitchen. And a family puppy, but... like... a small... pup."

Austin just continues to murmur 'mhm' to her as she lists off things. She was slowly falling asleep and, although he didn't want to hang up, it was three in the morning, so she had school later. But soon, her wishes and dreams aren't understandable.

Eventually, he hears her soft breathing in a pattern. Austin murmurs, "Goodnight, Princess." After he hestiatantly hangs up the phone and sighs, staring up at the darkness.

He didn't know how the hell he got her, but he sure as hell didn't care at this point.

Love is... can't helping, but annoy you.

"Ally," Austin huffs out, trying to hide his annoyance. "Stop."

Of all days she wanted to be hyper and the most energized, she chose a day he had to study for his finals. Don't get him wrong; the reason he's in love with this girl was because of her energized self. But sometimes, when he was stressed, it was the worst thing.