Movie Night (Raura)

I do not own this one-shot!

"Hey Ross!" Laura smiled and waved as he stood at her dressing room door.

He smiled a little. He loved how she was still so…her. Even though he was only gone a week, he couldn’t help but stare at her. Wait, stare? No, that’s what people who like someone do. He was just reminding myself of what his best friend looked like. “Hello,” he said after he was brought back into the real world by the confused look on her face.

"So…is there anything I can help you with?" Laura got up from her chair and folded her arms.

"Um, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight. You know, I missed you last week so it will be a good way to catch up!" He placed his hands in his pockets and moved closer to her.

"Great! What do you think we should do?" She asked excitedly.

"Movie night? I already know what we’re going to watch, so you can’t say no," He smiled cockily. He knew her too well, she would chose Moulin Rouge! Like she always did.

"Am I that predictable?" She stifled a laugh.

He nodded, smiling. “Well, just meet me at my dressing room after everyone’s gone home and we’re finished taping.”

"Perfect! It’s a date." Laura smiled her usual, perfect smile at him.

He could feel the blush appearing on his cheeks. He knew she was joking, but of course she would have this affect on him. He turned away fast to make sure she didn’t notice. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all, he thought, before he walked out the door as fast as possible. She was his best friend, he knew he couldn’t do anything. Or could he? Well, he knew he’d ruin their friendship and the dynamic of the show if she turned him down, so no, he couldn’t.

The day went slow. Agonizingly slow. Every time she smiled at him, he felt his stomach do cartwheels. He realized he couldn’t deny his feelings to himself anymore, it was doing him no good. It didn’t help that most of his scenes were with Laura and when they hugged, it felt so good. He even smelled her, but totally not in a creepy way. 

As soon as they were finished on set, he went to his dressing room and braced himself for the night ahead. As time went by, he was slowly regretting his decision. A knock on the door made him jump and he realized that she was standing at the door, smiling with a DVD case in one hand.

"Just so I’m not so predictable." She winked and threw the DVD at him, which he instantly caught.

His eyes popped out of his head when he saw the title. Paranormal Activity. "You know, I’ve always liked how you were predictable," he laughed nervously as she walked closer to him.

"Come on now Rossy, I’ll protect you from any ghosts that try to haunt you. I definitely wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to you." Laura nudged his side playfully.

He looked at the smile on her face and how could he say no? He sighed and grabbed the DVD out of her hands. “You owe me.”

"We’re still watching Moulin Rouge! after right?” She asked and he nodded. He needed something to help him sleep. He would have preferred if it was Laura but…no! He couldn’t think of her like that! He shoved the DVD into the player and turned the light off. He walked over to the sofa and left a space between them, because he didn’t trust himself beside her. He’d probably try pull that oldest trick in the book, where he’d pretend to yawn and wrap his arm around her. Smooth.

The movie started and he automatically regretted it. Why the hell would he agree to this? He was already shitting bricks. He made the mental note to make sure to check for demons. And when Micah bought the Ouija board home, he could feel his heart beat a mile a minute. Without thinking, he reached out for Laura’s hand. He could feel the blush appearing on his cheeks and just as he was about to pull away, he felt her squeeze it reassuringly. This made him smile, he really was lucky to have a friend like Laura. Just a friend, he reminded himself, nothing else.