33. Heart Breaker

"Why aren't you packing William?"

I sat in the chair, contemplating everything. This felt...wrong.

"Arthur, come here please." I ask of him, and he nods. I watch him come towards me and sit across from me with a confused frown.

"I need to talk to you...Arthur." I start off quietly, my hands grabbing ahold of his. I stare down at them as I knew I was having the babies soon. It could be clearly seen and I felt nauseous for what I was about to do.

I love him so...much, but I'm hurting the person I love the most. The toxicity...that I place upon him hurts him, and when I learn I hurt him - it hurts me even more.

Why do I keep doing this to him? I thought I grew from what I used to be...but I was wrong. I'm not...meant to be happy with him.

What we have is love, yes; but what I give to him is not showing that. I'm a toxic person who is with a person who deserves better...he doesn't deserve me...to be with human scum like me.

"Yes?"

"I don't...want to keep doing this to you. I thought...and thought harder about this, but maybe that illusion was telling me something. My heart can't keep up with this...hurting you. You're my everything, and I keep hurting you and I'm so sorry." I whimper, tears beginning to brim the corners of my eyes.

I felt some release down my cheeks, my hands beginning to tremble.

"I'm not...what you deserve. I know we are having a babies together, but I want you to take them too. I can't...keep doing this to you. A partner is supposed to be right beside you, and when it comes to you... You always seem to be right behind me because I push you there. From the very beginning I was never good to you, and yet you keep giving me chances. Well...since you can't end it for yourself, let me save you from me Arthur." I rest my head against his hands, tears falling more by the second.

I couldn't think properly because all I could think of was my...broken heart.

"What...what are you trying to say then?"

"I am...breaking up with you." I tremble, looking up at him as he looked shocked. I sit up as I pull the ring off my finger.

When I open his palm I set it down. Closing his hand around it, I grin down as I look at him.

His eyes had tears streaming down his face too...so I knew it wasn't just me hurting.

"Is it...the relationship, that comes with this ring?" He questions me shakily, and I nod slowly.

"It's also me. I am...the problem. With this ring we married one another...in Las Vegas. I was a coward and couldn't do it right. I was never true to myself and was mean to you because you could entirely be yourself... You were you, and I hated that I couldn't be that because I was scared. I'm...a coward." I breathe, chuckling as I see his eyes look at me.

The pain in his eyes was unimaginable, but I knew he'd...move on.

To someone better.

"Do you think breaking up with me changes anything? Isn't you divorcing me running from your problem?" Arthur questions me with this hurt tone.

"No..." I whimper, smiling at him. "I'm doing what I couldn't, letting you go to save you from me. This relationship wasn't good for you and you know that. I'm man enough to...say this finally, that I love you enough to let you go. This ring held something toxic, it bonded us together and I can say to you...that if you can't save yourself from me... Let me do it for you."

I pull the ring from Arthur's finger, and he looked pained. By the time I did that I stand up immediately, my lips trembling as he continued to look down at the rings.