THE THIRTEENTH APOSTLE: OPHIUCHUS

“Hindi ibig sabihin na masaya ka, tinatakasan mo na ang problema mo. Isa ito sa paraan para sabihin na kaya ko pa, kinakaya ko pa, may pag-asa pa...”

**********

OPHIUCHUS

Symbol: Serpent Holder, Enki, a Sumerian god.

Angel: Caduceus “Angel of Healing”

Character:

Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer is one of those desert-sky constellations. Most people pretty much know what the Zodiac is --- the constellations on the plane of the ecliptic through which the sun passes in the course of a year --- and what their "Sun Sign" is in relation to the Zodiac (i.e., Sagittarius, Taurus, etc.). What most people don't know is that there are actually thirteen Sun Signs, NOT twelve. According to the official modern constellation boundaries that astronomers use today, the sun passes through thirteen constellations, not twelve. The Greeks chose to remove one of the original thirteen constellations from the Zodiac in order to accomplish their desire to have each sign rule for an even 30º of sky, so they selected Ophiuchus to be eliminated. It can only be because of his origins in Egypt as one of their most powerful dieties, on par with Osiris and Thoth, all of whom answered only to Ra. Mysteriously enough, just like Obeah is secret, hidden, and unknown, the "thirteenth constellation" of the Zodiac, Ophiuchus the Serpent Bearer is secret, hidden, and unknown. About one person in twenty is an "Ophiuchus," and they don't even know it.....

LIST OF KEY WORDS DESCRIBING THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS