Andante

By Avdk80

What happens when two boys from strict homes meet and feel things they shouldn't? When Eddy meets Brett his... More

Author's note
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV (see A/N abt Wattpad issue with posting below!)
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
IC
C
CI
CII
CIII
CIV
CV
CVI
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII
CXXIX
CXXX
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII (I guess first paragraph is slightly NSFW? My kid can read it though)
CXXXIV
CXXXV
CXXXVI
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII
CXLIX
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII (posting despite Wattpad issues, hope you can read this!)
CLIV
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV
CLXVI
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII
CLXXIX
CLXXX
CLXXXI
CLXXXII
CLXXXIII
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CLXXXIX
CXC (slightly NSFW (once again my kid can read it though ;-))
CXCI
CXCII
CXCIII
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CIC/CC

CXLV

1.3K 67 28
By Avdk80

Eddy could not sleep to save his life, and this pissed him off so much he could hit himself, or bang his head against the wall. He realised that wouldn't help him sleeping, though. 
Seriously! The past week and a half had crawled by so slowly time had felt like porridge. The school work had been endless, Ian hadn't wanted to talk very much about stuff any more, even though he'd tried to be there for him as much as he possibly could, and he hadn't seen Brett nearly enough. So why, now, when it was finally, finally the night before he was going back to Lily's house, before he'd spend the day being out, having fun with his friends, and before he'd finally spend the night again with Brett, in the little bedroom in the double bed with the frilly comforter, why oh why was this the night he could not get to sleep?
He shot yet another look at his little alarm clock, like he had been doing approximately every five minutes for hours, the green digits glowing unpertubedly in the darkness of his room. It was almost two, now.  
He groaned softly in frustration, and then on a whim he rolled over and picked up his phone from his night stand, quickly unlocking it and taking if off plane mode. He knew that Brett would have his phone on plane mode if he was sleeping, so he could do what he was about to do without any risk of waking him up. 

     'Hey Bretty, you asleep?'

He lay back in the dark and stared at the little square of light for a couple of minutes until suddenly it buzzed in his hand. 

     'Nope. Can't sleep, for some reason. No idea why :-P. Was kind of hoping you'd be sleeping soundly, but I'm guessing no, hey?'

Eddy smiled into the darkness despite himself. 

     'Nope. Sorry to disappoint ;-)'

And he felt mean for feeling it, because obviously he really did want Brett to be okay, to be sleeping so he would be happy and awake tomorrow, but he simply couldn't help it. The fact that Brett was awake too, was talking to him from his own bed in his own room, that they were together, somehow, even if they were apart, was such a comfort. He scrunched his eyes together and willed the phone to vibrate, until it did.

     'You could never disappoint me, my lovely Eddy. You should go to sleep, though.'

Eddy smiled some more as he typed. Brett was so, so sweet, wasn't he?  

     'So should you. Wish you were here to hold me, though. That would certainly help me sleep.'

It didn't take long at all for the phone to buzz again. 

     'Okay, so just imagine me there, then. I'm lying next to you, and your head is on my chest where it belongs. My right arm is around you, and I'm already asleep, because we're both comfortable and warm.'

Eddy closed his eyes and imagined it with all his might. Then he typed one more time. 

    'Well, that's simply the best image ever. I love you, you know.'

The answer came in seconds. 

     'Tomorrow it will be true. I love you too, more than you'll ever know.'

Eddy grimaced in the dark. No way, Bretty. No one's ever loved anyone as much as I do you. 
But right then, rather than let himself be pulled into all sorts of worries again, rather than allow the thoughts to start running riot around his head once more, he pulled the image Brett had given him into his mind and focused all of his brain on that. He clutched his phone to his chest and finally, gently, drifted off into the dream-like picture. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.1K 41
an up and coming violinist in brisbane, eddy chen seemingly has everything right where he wants it. he's got a girlfriend, amazing friends, and a dev...
3.2K 204 24
Eddy is at the brink of insanity, too much work and responsibility really started to take a toll on him. Brett is able to convince him to take a trip...
11.2K 347 14
They've lived together; they've lived apart. Turns out you can miss someone terribly, even if they're just across the room. * * a/n: Most of the st...
12.9K 635 20
an alternate universe where brett and eddy are classmates in music college, who do not know each other a single bit, yet they fall in love with each...