THE EXAM CALLED LIFE

By CentineooLove

[•At some point you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out rather they fit you in. L... More

PROLOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 39
A/N
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
EPILOGUE
FINAL A/N

CHAPTER 34

30 8 0
By CentineooLove

Song of the Chapter - Confirmation by Justin Bieber.

*ARAMINA*

I put on the gold coloured dress on slowly as it clung to my curves relentlessly. I had already done my make up and usually for me, the dress comes afterwards. I stood in front of the bedroom mirror as I criticized the dress further. I hooked my left thumb to one of the straps and smiled to see Detective Blake's figure at the doorway.

"Jesus Christ Aramina, tell me you are not wearing that to dinner," he said as he ogled and gawked at me.

"Why not? Does it look terrible?" I asked a bit worried.

"No, it's just a tempting dress and when I say tempting I mean very tempting," he said coming inches closer to me. I observed his hands travelled up mine and placed a light kiss on my shoulder. "Mmm, is that perfume? Wow," he added lifting his right arm to move my hair to the side as he exposed my left shoulder. His reflection smiled at me as he lowered his head to the crook of my neck. I felt my previously dangling earring touch my skin as Blake's nose brushed across the exposed skin. Seconds later my eyelids shut as my breath hitched due to the extraordinary bliss that exploded through me by the mere feel of Blake's tongue on my neck. I shifted my weight to my right foot so as to keep my legs from giving way to the sweet torture i received. Blake must have sensed how weak he made me as his strong arms wrapped around my waist to offer his support. I lifted my arm to keep his head in place savouring every moment of the pleasure.

"Open your eyes Champagne," he said as his hot breath fanned my ear which made me shudder. His nose brushed across my neck one more time before saying, "I need to marry you as soon as possible. You are driving me crazy." I giggled at our reflection in the mirror.

"Not that I'm complaining but if you keep this up we're going to be late and I'm starving," I said turning to face him. He stroked my cheek and met his lips to mine swiftly before excusing himself to change.

"You shouldn't have changed at all," I said staring at the black suit he wore. It was still the same one he was dressed in minutes ago, well I'm sure it was a different one but he dressed in suits so much that I could not quite tell the difference.

"I'm not going to wear a tie," he said undoing his first three buttons showing off his perfectly tanned skin.

"It makes no difference but I'm not one to complain so let's go," I said standing from the bed then sniffing the air. "You have cologne on too. It's different from the one I usually smell."

He chuckled then showed me a bottle of his cologne. "It's 'Unscripted' courtesy of Patrick Dempsey."

"You know Patrick Dempsey?"

"Yes and I'm not going to introduce you to him," he said changing his silver watch to gold from the drawer under the mirror.

"Why not?" I pouted.

"Because I want you to have eyes only for me."

"But I do have eyes for only you, you know that. Meeting Patrick Dempsey wouldn't change a thing," I said walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I highly doubt that," he said.

"Ow, you really are jealous," I taunted while he moved away declining the accusation I made against him. I just smiled to myself as I took my clutch and followed him outside to his car. I turned on the radio, a habit I was used to, after strapping our seat belts.

"I love this song turn it up," said Blake bobbing his head to the sound of the music as 'A thousand miles' by Vanessa Carlton started to play.

".....and I need you... And I miss you... And now I wonder, if I could fall.... Into the sky... Do you think time... Will pass me by... And you know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see you..." Surprise was etched in my face as I stared at him sing along to the lyrics. I had to admit, he was pretty great at singing but it was a little funny. That was totally not expected.

""What was that?" I laughed immediately the song ended.

"I know it's weird but that's my favourite song," he laughed too as he rounded a corner.

"What?" I laughed harder. He nodded as our laughter filled the car. This was a beautiful moment that I wouldn't forget. The car halted to a stop as we alighted.

"Why didn't you wait for me to open the door for you?" He asked after he walked to my side of the car to find me standing outside the door.

"I can open my own doors," I pecked his cheek to soften the blow of the harsh comment but he was not having it. He asked me to climb back in and opened the door for me. Crazy fucker.

"Turn around and close your eyes," he said which I did and I felt a silky cloth cover my eyes.

"What are you... Oh!" I exclaimed as I felt him throw me over his shoulder. "Is this really necessary?"

"In every bit it is," he chuckled while walking. Okay this usually looks fun in the movies but it's really uncomfortable. Moments later, he put me down slowly and I stumbled to get balance. He removed my blindfold and asked me to open the door. The room was brightly lit as flowers filled the room. The floor had an illusion of the ocean with different types of flowers mostly roses growing around the place. To say it was beautiful was an understatement.

"Wow Blake it's absolutely-" I turned to see him down on one knee as he opened the silver coloured box.

"Marry me. Share my life with me," he asked.

"Yes"

"Be mine."

"I will marry you," I smiled so hard my lips would have cracked. His eyes sparkled as he slid the magnificent diamond ring into my finger. He stood to passionately kiss me as fireworks exploded in the air.

"Did you do that?"

"No but that's the best coincidence ever," he chuckled as our foreheads touched. "Let's go eat now. I'm starving," he smiled as we headed out of the room not before taking several pictures of the place.

"Wait, is this part of the hotel?" I asked awed by the sight around me.

"Yeah, 'La Elle' you've heard of it?"

"Yes but I've never been here." He took my hand and lead me into the building. The hotel was exquisite as the tables were candlelit and there was a carpet leading into the room. The red velvet curtains caught my eye and so did the chandeliers in the room. The staff were elegant in their red and white attire bringing out an out of this world christmas theme. We were shown to our reserved table by the wide window that showcased a stunning reflection of us in the hotel.

"Blake...wow, this is like my dream hotel and it being christmas themed is just..." My tears brimmed in my eyes and I quickly dabbed them before they ruined my make up. Well I guess not much would be ruined since I was not a make up kind of girl. He reached for my hand on the table and squeezed it reassuring me with his smile.

"Good evening, are you ready to order?" A blonde elegant waitress came to view with a notebook in hand. She seemed nice enough. I watched as Blake scanned through the menu and ordered a bottle of their best wine and two steaks.

"Umm, actually no steak for me. I don't like it," I said and Blake's eyes widened.

"Okay then, what will you have?"

"A lobster frittata with caviar accompanied by golden opulence sundae please," I said as the lady took my order.

"Is steak the only thing you'll have sir?" She asked clearly ogling at Blake as she touched his arm. I could not help the slight jealousy that crept in my body. Blake did not seem to mind and was enjoying every bit of the attention.

"You can probably add the lobster frittata that she's having," he added and she batted her lashes to him. I loudly cleared my throat and said, " So, when is the wedding planner going to meet with us to plan our wedding, " I asked rather loudly as I clasped my hands together making sure she saw the ring on my finger. She eyed my hands briefly and nodded scurrying off making me scoff after her.

"Champagne, you didn't have to be rude," he said sipping from glass of water on the table.

"She wants what's mine," I quoted him arching a brow and he laughed.

"You know, I'm marrying you and yet I know nothing about you," I realized eyeing him.

"You love me and I love you. That's all that matters," there was no way he was evading the topic.

"That's not it. I need to know more," I pressed on. He shrugged before asking, "What would you like to know?"

"Everything. Your family, where you were born, where you studied, your favourite colour, favourite snack.. All your favourites, likes and dislikes literally everything," I said.

"I have two siblings; my elder brother Anton, and my twin sister Fernanda. She and my mother are no longer with us. My father's name is Eric and I was born in Mexico. I studied in Britain because of certain harsh reasons and that's where I picked up the accent. My favourite colour is orange and my favourite snacks are skittles. For my likes and dislikes that's for you to notice. I'm not consistent. I might like or dislike something this minute and feel the opposite the next," he said as the food was brought for us. He popped the can of the wine bottle and poured it in each glass. "Why do you look surprised?"

"I just didn't expect you to tell me," I said taking a bite of my food.

"Of course I was going to tell you. You are my fiancé for goodness sake," he said making me smile through my chewing.

"So when can I meet them?" He asked and I saw the the way he froze before he quickly masked it to emotionless.

"Soon," He said. I had assumed that he did not have a great bond with his family and that was the reason why he did not like to talk about them. Oh well. Blake signaled one of the waiters and asked if everything was ready after eating in silence for a few minutes.

"Ready for what?" I watched as he stood from his chair and offered a hand to me.

"Dance with me Champagne," he cooed as I took his hand and he jerked me to his chest gripping my waist marvelously. I could feel the gold dress go up just a tad as Blake dipped me so low I felt my hair touch the floor as the song started to play;

Ain't nobody got no patience
Want what they want right now
Ain't no need in being so anxious
I can hear your heart beating out loud

Quite acting like we're in a race
Begging me you know I'm on the way over
Take a moment to cherish this space
So quick to move forward no pressure
And we've got the rest
Got the rest
Got the rest
Of our lives

All you ever really want
All you ever really need is at home
Yeah we've got the rest
Got the rest
Got the rest
Of our lives
Ah(---)

Look at how it's all unfolding
Yeah persistence at its finest
Like you wanted in before the door was open
Instead of letting what's scripted play out

Quit acting like we're in a race
Begging me you know I'm on the way over
Take a moment to cherish this space
So quick to move forward no pressure
And we've got the rest
Got the rest
Got the rest
Of our lives

The song continued to play as our bodies moved rhythmically to the lyrics. It was an intimate dance as either foot was moving against the others foot. Our eyes remained locked in each others as we danced to the song's end with a final dip before gradually raising my eyes to his. The effort that was put in this hotel was just out of this world. Applause was heard from every part of the room. I had not realised that we had been the center of attention for the last few minutes. I smiled as we got back to our seats.

"Where did you learn to dance like that?" Blake asked clearly intrigued.

"I know what you are doing," he said lowering his head. I raised my shoulders pretending I did not know what he was talking about as my toes and heels glided up his leg from under the table.

"I'm not going to touch you until we are married," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"What are we waiting for then? An invitation to our own wedding?"

"Eager I see. I know you would like a big wedding and celebration but we cannot do that if we are keeping this whole thing from everyone."

"I don't need a big celebration. We are the ones being joined in Holy matrimony so we just need each other to be there," I urged on which made him chuckle.

"Fine. If that's what you really want, we can go to City Hall and get married there tomorrow," he said.

"Really? Tomorrow?" I was getting surprised each minute by him listening to me. Usually he does whatever he wants to do.

"Tomorrow," he beamed.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 2.2K 98
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
5M 118K 23
SEQUEL TO HIS POSSESSION IN DISCRETION READ BOOK #1 BEFORE ENTERING BOOK #2 Delilah Newman-Russel. Recently turning 19, she's been learning the ropes...
66.4K 2.8K 31
you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She is the real life Cinderella yet she was d...
369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...