Billionaire's Spitfire ✔

By HephziLolami

Billionaire's series ~ 3 She's my drug. I'm addicted to her. I'll willingly get ruined, if only she's the one... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 7

3.7K 186 48
By HephziLolami

Word count: 2522

My shout out goes to Bangladesh and Honduras. One love! ❤

*

The next few weeks after I and Diego made an agreement to be friends had actually gone well and now we were in mid-April.

To my own satisfaction, Kara and Stephano's relationship was also going well. My cousin, Paul had been to our hostel to see me a few times, apologizing for not coming earlier after he heard about the demise of my boyfriend Lucas. My brother, Daniel had also been to my place because of that.

Also because, according to him, he'd missed me a great deal. I couldn't blame them for not knowing about Lucas earlier, because I didn't allow anyone to tell them.

I just shut everyone out and it wasn't until Paul got worried that I wasn't replying his messages and contacted Kara that he got to know what had happened.

But my dad had been sick for a while now so he couldn't travel for the time being and that only meant my step-mom also had to stay back to take care of him.

I was no longer staying at the condo Lucas got for me.

So whenever I wasn't in school, I would be at Kara's place, which was where I was staying now and Natalia seemed to be the happiest person when she got to know I'd agreed to move to Stephano Alfonsi's mansion.  

We were currently preparing for some faculty presentations and registering for our community service since our session would be ending by August. Even though I was still hurting each time I thought about Lucas and how he hadn't lived long before everything that happened to him, I was getting better.

And just like Diego had told me, the pain wasn't as intense and as raw as it used to be.

I'd accepted it.

And I was learning to live with his absence, albeit painfully. But Kara, my best friend, didn't seem to get the memo as she was always at my beck and call, pampering me like I was a goldfish and would run out of air if she left my sight for even a minute.

So I fished out my phone and sent Stephano a message while she was explaining something on Economics elasticity demand shit. I really didn't want to do any school work right now.

So I typed a few words to Stephano.

Adrian: *Hey Stephano, how's work going?*

He replied me not long after.

Stephano: *Work is just fine, same as always. What's up?*

Adrian: *Nothing big. It's just, I kinda want to go out this night and Kara is doing the usual 'mummy duties' by worrying over me because she has absolutely nothing else to do. Could you come keep her company?*

I chuckled at my own rant and started making mental preparation of my outfit for tonight. Lately, I'd been having the urge to just go out and enjoy myself. Lucas demise had taught me to live and enjoy my life to the fullest.

You never can tell when you'll be called up there and away from this earth. The thought was freaky, but I'd felt it raw when that nurse held me down as I screamed for Luca's not to leave me in that hospital. The sound of beeping machines had haunted me so many nights after that. 

His ashen face, I could still see it as if it was just yesterday. It was already more than four months but suddenly thinking about him right now made my mood turn sour.

It would be best to just go out again tonight, to do something fun. And the one person that I could count on whenever I needed him was Diego. The thought of him brought a small smile to my lips.

My phone pinged and I looked down to see Stephano had replied with an 'okay'.

"Then you surely remember we already sorted out the expenditure with-" Kara stopped talking and nudged my shoulder with a scowl on her face. "Hey!"

I heaved a sigh and typed on my phone, sending a wink emoji to Diego to see if he was off work so I could call him soon. If he replied with an emoji, he was off work. If he replied with 'no' or didn't read it, that meant he was really busy.

What interesting thing could we possibly do today? Maybe just watch a movie and argue over dumb stuff as usual. I smiled at the thought. "I think I'm going out Kara."

"What? Why?" She stared at me with disbelief clearly written all over her face.

"I... I don't feel too good." I lied. I felt fucking great. I just didn't want Kara to dote on me any longer and whenever I told her to stop fussing over me, it always made me feel like I was an being ungrateful for the attention she showered.

"About what?" She asked softly, biting her lower lip. Ugh, not again.

"Everything. Anything. I just, I need to go out like, right now." I groaned at her soft look. 

Kara narrowed her eyes. "We planned to study together this night. How the hell can you ditch me now?"

I rolled my eyes at her tone.

"You sound like your boyfriend just left yo-" I was cackling when I froze. Biting my lower lip really hard, I nodded and took an exhale. My boyfriend did leave me, but it wasn't like he did it intentionally but yeah. My boyfriend left me anyway. 

"You can't leave again." Kara softly said.

"Jeez, relax. I'll be back soon." I did another skyward eye roll at her tone.

"We have test to read for. How dare you!" Kara screeched, throwing a popcorn my way and I was back to cackling at her words as I dodged her lame attacks. 

I gave her a stare that told her I was bored. "Stop your exaggerating, miss nose-in-the-book. I'll be back tomorrow. I just...need a break."

At that, Kara's shoulders slumped. She looked at me as if I was just going to run outside and get in front of a moving vehicle.

"I really can't change your mind...can I?"

"Nope."

"Okay." She muttered.

I did an eye roll. "I wasn't seeking your permission. Just telling you." I got up and went into the room to have a nice shower and get out of here.

I changed into a short pleated skirt that only went a little below my bum, then matched it with black crop top and gladiator sandals. I applied foundation, contour and the usual addition to make my face look brighter than the actual sleepless face of Adrian Houston.

Then I added some mascara to make my eyes look bigger and applied some lip gloss, smacking my lips together as I latched my wristwatch to my wrist. 

I knew Diego would compliment my appearance even though I wasn't wearing anything flamboyant. He always did. The thought of him doing that made me chuckle.

My phone pinged and I checked it to see Marie, my step mom inviting me over for some family dinner. She knew I wouldn't come, but it was nice of her to invite me anyway.

I grabbed my sling bag and checked to make sure my phone, charger, some cash and bubblegum was in there.

"I'm leaving baby." I went out to peck Kara's lips instead of her cheek, wheezing with laughter when she sputtered cuss words at me in aggravation. Ah, it was so good to get on that girl's nerves.

I made sure I was out of our building before even thinking of calling Diego who'd sent back a kiss emoji to me when I was applying the lip gloss earlier on. I swear that guy didn't know the difference between friend and girlfriend when it came to flirting.

He sent me a kiss!

Even though Kara thought I and Diego were still civil towards one another, she had no idea we were now best buddies during these three months we'd become friends and the thought made me grin mischievously as I hailed a taxi.

My car was currently at the mechanic shop. 

I rang Diego's cell immediately the cab drove out of the hostel, heaving a grateful sigh that I was now free from Kara's predatory stare.

"Adrian." His husky, calm voice stated the instance he picked my call.

"Hey, I just left." I breathed, loving his voice and how he called my name. I shook my head, I was getting used to this and I didn't know if that was an entirely good thing.

He chuckled on the other side. "Good thing. I got you Èclair's and some other brands of chocolates. You're only allowed to eat two though." He ended sternly.

"You're so cute sometimes." I blushed at how considerate he was, then chuckled at my own reaction. "Order pizza. I'm staying the night."

"Is everything okay with you and Kara?"

I knew why he would ask. I'd been visiting frequently these past few weeks and even sleeping over. At first I was taking the bed and he was taking the couch but we just decided to both sleep on the bed. We were adults after all. Sleeping on the same bed didn't mean we would have sex.

"Yeah, but you know how caring she is. I need some space from all her mommy duties, and she needs a break. She needs Stephano kind of break."

"Well, right into my arms you go then." He chuckled again.

"See you in a bit. Should I get some cheap wine?"

"Sure. I'm just getting in myself."

"Good thing. See you in a bit." I ended the call and looked out the roads of the street, wondering what was next in store for me. After school, maybe I would go back to New York where my family was staying and apply for a job in my field of study.

But making plans now somewhat scared me. I used to love making plans, but not anymore.

Lucas's demise had come as a shock.

I didn't want to have any expectations of the future any longer because I'd had one perfectly planned out with him and it had been ruined. Torn into shreds and thrown into fire to burn and never to be seen or felt again.

When I got to Diego's complex, I went up to his apartment straight away.

It wasn't the first time I would be here, neither was it the first time I would sleep over. He was very comfy to be with and I couldn't believe I used to dislike him so much.

Or maybe I just disliked him being with Kara...

When I knocked, he opened the door and I immediately went in, wrapping my arms around him in a sweet hug. "Diegooo." I crooned like a child, feeling his muscles just because.

"Adrian..." he groaned but hugged me back.

I pulled back and placed a finger on his lips. "Shh. I know you missed me. I missed you too."

I smiled at him and he returned the smile. That was when I realized he was shirtless, only in blue jeans that dangled below his waist so I could see the band of his briefs.

Oh lala. I licked my lower lip but didn't look away. I wasn't virgin Mary, and I knew how to appreciate an attractive body when I saw one.

"Well, don't you have some good, hard muscles?" I felt them, licking my lips again at the delicious sight. If he didn't want me to see it, surely he'd have covered it up. Right?

Diego rolled his eyes, grabbed the wine bottle from my hand to drop on the table and went to sit on the couch, slouching.

I went over and playfully kicked him on the foot, then went into his room to change out of my tank top into a baggy shirt so I could take my bra off. I better get comfortable since I would be spending the whole night here.

"Let's watch a movie and cuddle for a bit." He told me when I stepped out.

I smiled. "Well, aren't you the perfect gentleman?"

I went over and sat between his legs on the chair, getting comfortable but it just wasn't comfy enough so I sat on his carpet instead. Diego was very neat, he always cleaned his apartment regularly so I had nothing to worry about.

"How about you change from the skirt as well? Don't you think it's too short anyway?"

I shrugged and stood up to get in front of him. "Is it? I love wearing short skirts. They're never short enough to flash my undies anyway."

"Hmm." He threw his remote at me and I caught it, dropping it on the table. "I just feel jogger pants or sweatpants would be comfier?"

"Fine." I huffed and was about to go in and change when he pulled me to his body on the couch and I quickly stabilized myself by placing my palm on his chest.

"Adrian, I like the skirt. It flashes your legs and all the other goodies which I think you shouldn't be showing...well other men, and I don't want to walk around my apartment with a raging boner because there's this really hot lady sitting here in high school skirt and looking at me like she needs some spanking."

I giggled at that, I fucking giggled like some lovestruck teenager. What was Diego turning me into?

"Okay fine. I'll change it."

"A peck?" He pouted cutely and I smacked his shoulder before pecking his cheek and forehead and going back in to change.

I liked how we spoke to each other about anything at anytime. We sometimes chatted till three AM about random things. That was really nice.

When I got back, we watched an action movie and then a chick flick before eating pizza with the cheap wine I got because we didn't want to go out.

At ten PM, my head hit the pillow. Diego came in just then, looking very handsome in his plain white tee and PJs.

"Come here." I patted the space beside me and he came to lie beside me.

"God sleep with us and keep your angels watch over us, in Jesus name." He prayed. I loved the fact that he always prayed before we shut our eyes to sleep. That was so sweet.

"Amen." I murmured and smiled when he pecked my forehead before snaking an arm around my waist and we both drifted into a loving slumber.

*

Adrian isn't oblivious. She knows Diego is smitten by her, and she's had experience in the sex department unlike her best friend Kara so let's see how long she and Diego can keep up this facade. She's beginning to like him. If he doesn't jump her, she'll jump him very soon!

Also, Diego is a catholic. Just like Kara. Are you a Christian, Muslim or have another religion? I'm curious. I'm Pentecostal though.

Thank you for reading :-) you're the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 2.1K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
893K 33.7K 39
Zephyr is a man who likes to go with the flow of his life. He hates woman and he always shows it. Just like his friend, he hates the idea of getting...
127K 3.3K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
8.6K 99 14
- - - - EXCERPT ONLY - - - - The rest of the story is available on INKITT as the content violates Wattpad regulations. Check my bio for link. * In th...