Andante

By Avdk80

What happens when two boys from strict homes meet and feel things they shouldn't? When Eddy meets Brett his... More

Author's note
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV (see A/N abt Wattpad issue with posting below!)
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
IC
C
CI
CII
CIII
CIV
CV
CVI
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII
CXXIX
CXXX
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII (I guess first paragraph is slightly NSFW? My kid can read it though)
CXXXIV
CXXXV
CXXXVI
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV
CXLV
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII
CXLIX
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII (posting despite Wattpad issues, hope you can read this!)
CLIV
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV
CLXVI
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII
CLXXIX
CLXXX
CLXXXI
CLXXXII
CLXXXIII
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CLXXXIX
CXC (slightly NSFW (once again my kid can read it though ;-))
CXCI
CXCII
CXCIII
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CIC/CC

XLIII

2.1K 94 9
By Avdk80

Eddy felt like he was on a cloud, the rest of the day. He still couldn't quite believe he'd had the guts to say what he'd said to Brett, and even though he wasn't at all sure what this was going to mean for their friendship, he just didn't seem to be able to bring himself to care right now. Because right now they were living in this awesome musical bubble, far away from their normal lives, and he just wanted to feel it all, enjoy it all. He wouldn't stop what was happening with Brett now. He couldn't, and also he wouldn't. 
They'd be able to go back to the way they used to be once they went home, no? They'd just have to. But meanwhile, the butterflies were back in full force and he couldn't help but steal glances at Brett while they played. He was quite simply the loveliest, most perfect guy in the world. The way he was sat there, his glasses slipping down his nose as he focused on the new music they were sightreading, his head bent slightly forward to see better, his hair flopping from left to right with the rhythm of his bow; he just wanted to run his hands through that hair so, so bad.
He shook his head to grab his focus back. It wouldn't do to start making mistakes again. No need for the conductor to start shooting him questioning looks like he had this morning, thank you very much. 

At the end of the rehearsal they were starting to pack up when the conductor approached him.
¨Hello, is it Eddy?¨ he said in a pleasant tone. 
At once Eddy felt like he was rooted to his spot and he could feel his cheeks colouring. Fuck. No! Was the conductor about to call him out for how he had played earlier?
¨Erm, hi mr. Davids.¨ he croaked, hoping that his open-book face wasn't giving away the panic he felt. 
The conductor smiled pleasantly. ¨Are you feeling better now? You weren't feeling well this morning, I gather?¨
¨Erm, yes, thank you sir, I had a headache, but I took some tablets and they helped.¨ he said quickly. 
¨Good, good.¨ mr. Davids said. ¨I could tell there was something off. You and Brett are very promising young violinists. Do you want to go into music?¨
His eyes widened. What? Did he really just say that?
Whoa. He was a promising violinist?! He knew his face was breaking out in a stupid smile but he just couldn't help himself. 
¨Thank you so much, sir.¨ he said, his tone breathy. ¨I would love to. I don't know if I'll be able to.¨
That's all he could really say, because it wouldn't do for him to tell him his mind was made up and for word of that to come back to his mother. But judging from mr Davids' smile he got the feeling he understood anyway.
¨Good. I hope you do. Have a nice evening!¨ the conductor said and walked off, leaving a breathless Eddy behind him. 
¨Hey! What did he say?¨ Brett said as he came up to him. 
¨I'll tell you in a minute, when we're outside.¨
He hurried to pack up his stuff and walked out of the auditorium, Brett on his heel. 
As soon as they were out of earshot of the others he turned around. 
¨Right. You wanna know what he said? First of all he asked if I was better, I guess Lizzy told him what you told her or something. And then...¨ he paused for dramatic effect, ¨he said he thought we were both promising young violinists and asked if I wanted to go into music.¨
Brett's jaw dropped and Eddy grinned widely at him. 
¨Can you believe that? He heard us, he saw that, he said that!¨ 
He was so excited he had to stop himself from jumping up and down like a four-year-old. 
¨That's... that's so awesome!¨ Brett whispered, his own face the very picture of joy. 
¨I know, right?¨ 
Suddenly Todd interrupted their moment by calling from further down the hall.
¨Hey, guys, you comin'?¨
¨Yep!¨ Eddy called back. ¨On our way!¨
They shot one more broad grin at each other and then they followed Todd and Lizzy to the cafeteria. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 2.9K 18
For Eddy, his friendship with Brett is irreplaceable. He can't ever risk losing something that important, whether his own stupid selfish feelings hav...
13.1K 635 20
an alternate universe where brett and eddy are classmates in music college, who do not know each other a single bit, yet they fall in love with each...
29K 1.3K 17
Gonna be a sad one. Imma apologize beforehand. Some Breddy angst stuff and uh maybe some fluff but Idk yet //trigger warning for suicide/self harm/de...
129K 6.4K 36
distractions are not high on eddy chen's priorities. when brett yang steps into his life, however, he might need to revise that mindset. • a breddy f...