Business (completed) |H.S|

By Into1D

1D watty awards winner | Completed| Harry Styles is a psychology student with a bright future, but when his m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Thank you and announcements :)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! PLEASE READ
Chapter 36
TEARS
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 63 + thank you so much
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Final Chapter
Sequel (Please read)
New book: Between Devil and Satan

Chapter 22

2.3K 93 41
By Into1D

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

HELLOO! DEDICATION FOR Jacqueline FOR BEING AN ANGEL (I CAN SEE HER HALO) LOL AND CHECK OUT HER BOOKS?!

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR’S NOTE AT THE END, I’VE GOT SOMETHING TO ASK YOU. :)

P.S. THE ITALICS ARE FLASHBACK
P.P.S : POV shifts SO PAY ATTENTION WHILE READING.

*22*

I stepped out of the bathtub, tired after the short sleep I had, but excited to go out. My anxiousness was almost abnormal. My stomach twisted in knots since I woke up, in a manner I never expected it would. Sliding into a pair of sandals, I firmly wrapped a white towel above my chest.

“Eve, I’m late. I have to go!” Lens yelled from the bedroom, as if he were so far that he had to shout.

“Ok.” I mumbled back, settling in front of the little wall-mirror in the bathroom. There was almost nothing for a woman in the whole flat, so I had to deal with the few things Lens had.

I waited for any response so I guessed he left already. So I got surprised when he entered the bathroom, already dressed up.

“Where are you going?” he asked, leaning against the frame of the door. I looked back at my reflection in the mirror and kept combing my wet dark hair.

“Shopping. I have to get some woman stuff and new clothes. I have nothing to wear.” I omitted the fact that I’d go shopping with Styles. So it wasn’t a total lie.

“Great! I didn’t know you liked shopping that much.” He said, glancing at his wristwatch.

“Since I have nothing else to do... I already finished all the work for my classes so I better go shopping.” I replied, eyes back on the mirror.

He walked towards me and spun me around so he could press his lips against mine. I stayed still but kissed him back before he pulled away. He waved at me and left the room.

I finished combing my hair, sleeking the curls. I made my way out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. My clothes were set in a little part of Lens’ dress room where an abundance of suits, shirts and a few casual clothes were hung. Since I never got my old clothes back, the few shopping sessions I made filled my wardrobe. Most of them were for events and for sleeping so I would struggle to find normal clothes in there.

Harry’s P.O.V.

The cold froze me and my skin was getting blue. Sethi Cosmetics’ parking was dead silent. Shit. Where is she? Perhaps, she cancelled. I checked on my phone, there was no message from her. I wouldn’t be patient enough to wait for her. I wasn’t a gentleman so I’d just leave if she didn’t come. I had been leaning on this wall for a good half hour, waiting for her. I couldn’t believe she rambled for hours about lack of punctuality. I took another sip of the coffee I thankfully had grabbed from a shop nearby.

I began to pace back and forth in the large area where all the women in the building parked their cars. The cold numbed my legs and I didn’t know if I could mount my motorbike again. I removed the beanie on top of my head. Then, running my hand through my hair, I was wondering where this relationship I had with Evelyn was going. Why did I even ask her to come with me? I could have asked anyone for this. But it happened to be her. I still didn’t understand my own way of acting but she agreed so I couldn’t back down.

“Hey.” I heard from behind me. I turned around to discover Evelyn Sethi in other clothes than a towel or  her usual elegant woman suits.

“Hi.” I said, still a bit taken aback by her way of dressing with such a shitty weather.

She was wearing pantyhose under a black mini-skirt. The dark-stripped top she was wearing hugged her curves perfectly. The expensive-looking fur coat was open, showing a little display of all of this…

“Are you checking me out, Styles?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. Her face remained cold but I still could feel a smirk under the hardness of her features.

I calmly nodded and threw the cardboard cup to the cold cement of the parking. An early Christmas present for Helen Sethi. If only I could just throw its content to Helen Sethi’s face.

“Yeah, I like your new wardrobe.” I mumbled, shrugging.

“Thank Lens for all of this.” She mumbled back and walked closer to me. Her high heels always made that unbearable sound, reminding me of the same noise I heard all the day when I worked for Sethi’s.

“Finally one point for Lens.” She chuckled lightly at my response.

“Now, let’s go.” I said, pointing at my motorbike.

She nodded in approval and walked towards the motorbike. She always looked annoyed while doing things. But I knew that somewhere in that cold woman, there was a teenage girl melting for going out with me. I knew there was an ounce of humanity in her since the day I saw her breaking down in front of me.

---------------------------------------

“Here we are.” I announced into her ear, as we just stopped in front of boutiques. She had been terribly calm still since we left the parking on the motorbike. She had demanded me to be behind her since she was seemingly afraid of falling when we started up. So I was positioned behind her, almost wrapping my arms around her to reach the handles. Fortunately she was a bit shorter than me so I could watch the road. The travel to the centre had been damn calm. So I made everything to get to the boutiques the fastest as possible. That’s why she seemed a bit deaf when we stopped.

“Huh?” She said, as if just waking up.

I rode out the motorbike and stopped the engine with the ignition key. She hopped off, removing the crash helmet from her head. Her flat hair fell down on her shoulders, but she quickly reached for the elastic band used as a bracelet to tie her hair up into a tight bun, as always. While I was parking the motorbike to the reserved area of the parking, I heard her unzip her handbag. So when I glanced back at her, she had sunglasses on.

“Are you Ok?” I asked, mocking at her face.

“I don’t want anyone to recognize me.” She replied, crossing her arms.

Cocking my head to a side, I motioned for her to get in one of the hundred boutiques of the complex. She had a huge ability to suck life from any good activities by her hard features. Her gestures spread everything happening in her mind. I had a chance to scare everyone we would encounter with her face being so cold.

Evelyn’s P.O.V.

The journalists down the streets had spoiled the beginning of this day that sounded extremely exciting. The little shits had been waiting for me in the cold to ask me about why my mother disinherited me.  I just didn’t understand how they got the information so fast. That’s what I tried to explain to Styles when we began wandering in the boutiques.

The stores were overcrowded with children and mothers. I never went shopping for New Years Events so my usual unpleasant feeling in crowds appeared once again.

“And that bastard told you that your engagement with Lens will be cancelled? That’s disgusting.” he asked, his eyes darted at the cashmere scarf he wanted to get for his mother. How ironic was it? I didn’t even know if it was normal for a man to go shopping for presents. Do men actually offer presents for Christmas?

I nodded, crossing my arms.

I didn’t know he was such perfectionist with everything. Was it normal for a man as well? We had been in three or four stores so we had been visiting a little part of the complex for one hour. But we didn’t purchase anything yet as he didn’t find the perfect thing for his family, yet.

“He can’t do that, can he?” I asked, finally happy to talk about my feelings to someone. Talking to Styles always provided me relief since he always carefully listened to me. I mean, he had to make me understand things I couldn’t figure out alone.

He finally looked at me, green eyes darting into my brown ones.

“Since I think Lens somewhat likes you, he’ll fight for keeping the engagement-”

“Whoa. What?” I said and a few heads turned to me as I just shouted.

He laughed. The way he laughed was something so different. His voice was almost childish when he laughed.

“Eve! You’re completely blind. It’s obvious! He’s not only with you for sex and merger stuff. Getting jealous is already a sign of affection.” He shrugged and the woman with a child behind him shushed him about the sex talk we were having. Styles turned to her.

“Oh, liberty of expression Ma’am.” He snapped at the woman who walked away with her son at once. “Now I’m done with all the ramblings. Do you think my mother likes this?”

He pointed at the scarf.

“I don’t know.” I stated, looking at the back of the boutique. “You’re her son, so you’ll be able to choose better than I do, Styles.”

“Do you like it?” he asked me, finally pulling it away from the dummy.

I nodded smilingly so he could just stop asking me whether her mother would like or not.

“Fine. I’m taking it for Angie.” He said, looking at the price tag on it. That f ucking nickname made fuming with anger. I had always hated nickname because it sounded so overdone. But I had to keep that for myself because Styles would conclude again that I was getting jealous.

“You mean Angelica?”

He nodded, his eyes wandering in the rest of the boutique. The boutique was dedicated to every age of persons so I expected that he would find everything here.

“Yeah, before I go back to Holmes Chapel, I just want to offer her a little something.” I smiled at how cute those words fell from his lips. He meant them. The fact that he wanted to waste hours for his family and friends was the most admirable thing on Earth, for me. He was walking in the department, seeking The Present. It was adorable. In addition, I had to admit that scarf would be amazing on Angelica and matched with her personality.

“And you, what are you going to buy for Lens?” he asked, smiling at me.

“Um, I didn’t think I should purchase anything for anyone.” I replied awkwardly since I only planned to get me new clothes for the winter.

He gave me a smirk and already knew what it meant. He paced over to the cashier with the white scarf so I followed him. The girl behind the cash register took his purchase to put it into a little shopping bag. Styles gave her some cash then we left the store to another one.

I couldn’t keep up with his large pace. So he whirled around to grab my wrist and smiled. He dragged me through the crowd with his one hand. The sunglasses didn’t help me with walking after him so I quickly removed them.

I noticed that most of people were going in the opposite direction. Styles and I looked like two children threading our way through the crowd of adults. I accidentally let out a chuckle when he squeezed my wrist tighter as he got scared to lose me in the horde of human beings.

“Are you hungry?” he asked me, smiling. My heart melted at the smile he flashed at me.

“Yes. Shopping is quite tiring.” I admitted. He dropped my hand to look around for a restaurant maybe. I never went to such a complex before so he just guided me in everything. Everything was in theme of Christmas, every store displayed Trees, snowman or decorations in their window. A hand was placed on my wrist once again, waking me up a bit.

He guided me towards another store. My eyes widened as I remarked it was a fast food restaurant. I never liked fast food, or to be honest, I never had fast food in my life. He just noticed my amazement and laughed. We entered a place where the waiters were pacing quick in every direction to serve the amount of clients. Fast. Food.

We went over to the counter, his large hand holding my wrist firmly. Holding my bag against my chest, I looked at everything written behind the counter. There were large posters of Santa Claus eating a hamburger with one thumb up.

“Good morning! What can we serve you?” the cashier asked, sounding almost mechanical.

“We’ll take two king-sized hamburgers, French fries and-” he turned to me. “Do you want anything else?”

I had no words. I just smiled at him and he quickly understood me. I didn’t even know that we had to order before taking a table.

“It’ll be £10.50.” she replied and Styles let go of me to dig into the pocket of his tight jeans. He got his change and we finally marched over to a free table in the middle of the room. It was just too weird to be in such a place for me.

I sat down in front of Styles, looking around me. There were kids, teenagers and aged people around us, eating fast food. I had always been deprived of any kind of unhealthy food, due to my education. The place where I had been spending ten years of my life served real balanced food.

The food was quickly placed in front of me. Then the waiter placed a plate with the burger slowly in front of Styles. My eyes lingered on the waiter for a few seconds. He winked at Styles then walked towards the back of the room. I burst out laughing and Styles just shrugged off.

“Um, stop giggling Eve.” He mumbled, grabbing French fries from the plate in front of me.

“You have success with women and men. That’s great.” I said, looking at hamburger. In fact, it was big and I didn’t even know how I could eat it. I grabbed the fork placed on my plate and planted it into pile of food. Then, I was lost so I quickly tried to remove it.

“Like this.” He said, taking his hamburger into his hands. His lips parted open to receive the amount of food. Reluctantly looking at it, I decided to swallow my snobby self and seized the hamburger into my hands. Styles was already chewing in his food, observing me smilingly.

I opened my mouth wide and attempted to get every floor of the hamburger between my teeth. However when I had my first bite, most of the content of the food fell down to my chest.

“Fuck.” I mouthed, noticing mayo was all over my shirt. I heard Styles giggle when I used a handkerchief to sweep the yellowish stain on my top.

“Stop laughing.” I flashed him a glare when I realized the colour couldn’t leave the fabric. Fuck, why did I have to eat that?

“Well, finish your food and we’ll find a solution, later.” He said in between laughs.

I nodded and ate everything separately. Why did they make those hamburgers so big? It wasn’t easy to eat all. But I was enjoying everything separately, especially the piece of steak in it. It was a great experience for me to eat so good food. I hummed while finishing the plate of French fries I took from Styles’ hand.

“Enjoying?” he asked.

“Yeah, I didn’t expect it to be so tasty.” I admitted, looking at the empty plates at our table.

Styles went to order more as he noticed how much I liked fast food products. Then, he was back on his chair, in front of me. I felt like someone who didn’t eat in ages. I didn’t know why but since I didn’t work, my belly was always up for food.

“They’re gonna take your huge order soon.” He said. A smile always was spread across his beautiful lips.

“Thank you. I never had fast food before so I am kind of excited to eat some more.”

“I noticed. I bet you never celebrated Christmas either.” He remarked.

“Touché!” I acknowledged, fidgeting in my seat. Christmas talk always got me nervous and it was almost the worst memories of my life. I was never excited when December approached.

“It’s because of your mother, I guess.”

I nodded, faking a smile. Why did I even fake a smile? He knew it was fake anyway.

“You know that confessing is the best way to feel good?” His eyes were darted into mine in such a way to get me uncomfortable and comfortable as well. A smile formed in the corner of my lips since I was developing trust towards Styles. I knew I could confess to him.

The same waiter came back with effeminate steps and placed all the food in front of Styles. I started cutting the bread and the steak with a knife while talking.

“Um, I had been allowed in Rosenberg boarding school when I was six.” I began reluctantly, I looked up to him. He was leaning on his elbow, motioning for me to continue.

******

“Evelyn, you stay with us today.” Mrs. Rosenberg smiled at me while every other girls of school were going home hand-in-hand with their mother. It was snowing outside and many thoughts ran around my head. Maybe her car had problems on her way to the school. Maybe she was going to pick me up later in the day.

The last couple of persons left in their car and the road was silent. One hand landed on my shoulder and I turned towards the woman. She motioned me forward so I stepped back into the house with the little suitcase I had already packed for my leaving.

“Your mother called me this morning to say that she didn’t have time to take care of you for the three weeks of holiday. So you’re going to stay here with me.” She announced, her arms crossed above her chest.

Once again, my mother didn’t bother to pick me up for the holidays so I walked towards the stairs to get to my bedroom where no one was left. Tears were gathering at the back of my eyes, but I held them, knowing that crying solved nothing.

“Stop being moody Evelyn. You’re ten, you are old enough to spend your holidays away from your mother.” She scolded from the landing. I turned to her, here she was again. Her mood changed once the parents left. In front of parents, she was the nice but severe teacher and when they were gone, she scolded everyone.

“But-” I tried to tell her how much I didn’t want to stay alone in my room once again. Most of the weekends, when everyone left school, I was already living alone in my room. But that time, it hurt me since she promised me that we would be spending some time together during my holidays.

“Stop provoking me, Evelyn. Go up these stairs. I’ll call you for dinner.” Her tone was firm but staying there alone once again would kill me. I threw my suitcase away to the floor.

“No. I want to go home.” I said, pouting my lips and crossing my arms above my chest as well. Challenging her glare, I stuck my tongue out.

“Do you think I like you being always in my house? I want time alone as well. So go up these stairs!” she ordered but I shook my head.

I burst out crying at the end and screaming in the whole house. I was running in the corridors, trying to escape the woman. I knew she hated when I was being the bad-tempered girl but it was the only way she could understand my desire to spend some time away from school. I breathed heavily as I attempted to run faster past the doors of the rooms. I let my tears out as my shaky voice continued to scream in the whole mansion. I had no direction, I just ran away from her.

When my pace loosened its speed, two strong arms were wrapped around me and lifting me up. I protested, shaking my legs to hurt Mr. Rosenberg, who was obviously the one who caught me. Once again.

He made me face his wife whose foot was banging on the floor.

“Why won’t you stay calm? You get me on my nerves, sometimes. I have been too patient with you.” She yelled so I looked down in defeat. My tears were wetting the white shirt of my uniform and my sobbing replaced the sound of my high-pitched scream.

“I want to go home.” I sighed, trying to escape the man’s arms but in vain. They were strongly holding my petite body.

“No. You’re so stubborn.” she said, crouching down on the floor to be at my level. Her hand travelled from my shoulder to my chin to lift it up. This is when I bite her fingers and a tiny quantity of blood escaped. She grumbled in annoyance and dragged me to my bedroom.

*********

“And she punished you?” he asked.

I nodded. Our food was resting on the table, no one had actually cared to eat after the long story I told him.

“It may sound like nothing. But it happened for the next five years. I saw my mother about twice a year since she never had time for me.”

The mood of our conversation had drastically shifted, as the reminiscence of the past always had to hurt me. People would say that it wasn’t big of a deal to be locked in a place for ten years. To be beaten because you were fighting for your own sake. To be the one people are scared of.

However, when you know that you could have lived with a better life, you always want to seek happiness in any way. I never succeeded in that. When the only one you have don’t give a fuck about you, you feel empty inside. And people around you don’t seem to know how much you need the warmth of an embrace. You are just a human body but inside there’s nothing. It’s like your soul and heart have been taken away from you.

“Her company was more important.” Styles concluded, placing a hand onto mine, making me look up instantly. His eyes sparkled in true understanding.

“Of course. I know it’s stupid to feel bad for that but ten years with no one caring of you. It hurts.” I attempted to explain, as my voice couldn’t come out normal at all.

“I understand.” He murmured to me. “You’ve been deprived of your childhood life.”

I silently nodded, giving him a weak smile. He smiled back at me, his deep dimples showed off once again. All of the sudden my heart was beating quicker and I didn’t even know why. The unfamiliar feeling I had, made me put my hand onto his as well.

He suddenly got up pulling me up with him. I looked at him with lack of understanding.

“Don’t pity me.” I said, shoving my eyes away from the way he looked at me. That’s why I never wanted to talk about it to someone. They had those fucking pitiful eyes.

“I’m not pitying you. I’m going to help you catch up with everything you missed.”

SO MY TRAILER GOT DELETED. I STILL HAVE THE VIDEO BUT I DON’T KNOW IF I HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST IT ON YOUTUBE SINCE I AM NOT THE ONE WHO MADE IT. SO IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN MAKE MY TRAILER OR YOU CAN MAKE A TRAILER FOR MY BOOK, PLEASE TELL ME. : ) IT’D BE AMAZING!!!!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 6,3K READS, FOR VOTING AND COMMENTING. AND ALSO FOR PROMOTING THE BOOK(you’ll recognize yourself)!

I JUST LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. SO HERE’S A HUG FOR YOU (SORRY I’M WET, I’VE BEEN SINGING UNDER THE RAIN). Ily xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 409 26
Enjoy
Insecure By Shyla

Fanfiction

1.6M 47.2K 107
Sara Andrews has always had image issues but now that she's a senior in high school everything seems to be falling apart around her. When she finally...
30.8K 753 12
Harry's struggling with anxiety and depression, and Louis' trying his best to help the love of his life. Their relationship is tested when Harry's me...
339K 8.7K 27
❝You're such a fucking slut❞ ❝We'll see who's talking when you come back begging me to fuck you❞ WARNING: This story will include graphic sex scenes...