Silently Falling in Love: Luc...

By GauriDevi

Book One: SILENTLY FALLING IN LOVE: LUCKY CHARM In the best of movies, the girl and the boy, finally get toge... More

Silently Falling in Love: Lucky Charm
Chapter 1- Half Moon Bay
Chapter 2 - Going Down Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Arranged Marriages
Chapter 4 - Frantic Husband
Chapter 5 - Life Back East
Chapter 6 - Always Busy
Chapter 7 - The Fund Raiser
Chapter 8 - Putting the pieces of the puzzle together
Chapter 9 - The Mind Wanders
Chapter 10 - The Photo Shoot
Chapter 11 - The Good Wife
Chapter 12 - Salma and Ali's wedding
Chapter 13 - Broken Promises
Chapter 14 - Destiny
Chapter 15 - Sneaking Out
Chapter 16 - What Next
Chapter 17 - Yoga
Chapter 18 - Lady Antebellum
Chapter 18 - Part 2 Lady Antebellum with some steam - Need you Now!
Chapter 19 - The Morning After
Chapter 20 - Heartache
Chapter 21 - Assumptions
Chapter 22 - Trust
Chapter 23 - Father Figure
Chapter 24 - Cha Cha
Chapter 25 - Shades of Gray
Chapter 26 - Shiv and Shakti
Chapter 27 - Remind Me
Chapter 28 - Revelations
Chapter 29 - Old Habits
Chapter 30 - Bridging the Gap
Epilogue
Book 2 - Silently Falling in Love - Again
Book 2 - 1989
Book 2 - 1990
Book 2 - 1990 Restricted Section
Book 2 - 1991
Book 2 - 1992
Book 2 - 1993
Book 2 - 1994
Book 2 - 1995
Book 2 - 1996
Book 2 - 1997 Part One
Book 2 - 1997 Part Two
Book 2 - 1998
Book 2 - 1999
Book 2 - 2000
Book 2 - 2001
Book 2 - 2003
Book 2 - 2004
Book 2 - 2005
Book 2 - September 2006
Book 2 - October 2006
Book 2 - November 2006
Book 2 - December 2006
Book 2 - January 2007
Book 2 - February 2007
Book 2 - March 2007
Book 2 - April 2007
Book 2 - May 2007
Book 2 - Summer 2007
Book 2 - September 2007
Book 2 - October 2007
Book 2 - November 2007
Book 2 - December 2007
Book 2 - January 2008
Book 2 - February 2008
Book 2 - March 2008
Book 2 - April 2008
Book 2 - May 2008
Book 2 - July 2008
Book 2 - 2009 Part One
Book 2 - 2009 Part II
Book 2 - 2010
Book 2 - 2017

Book 2 - 2002

390 22 9
By GauriDevi

March - Alex

Christina came home early for a change and joined me and the kids for dinner.  I had a long day so it was Chinese take out for us and the nanny had made some baby food for Leah.

I placed Leah in the highchair as Chris set the table.  I began feeding Leah as Chris put Chow Mein on Jasper’s plate.  She opened all of the cartoons, and then kept looking.

“I didn’t get you any beef and broccoli; I didn’t know you were joining us for dinner.  You’ll have to settle for lots of veggies and some salmon,” I laughed.

“I guess eating a few more veggies won’t kill me, but I’m not touching the salmon.  That’s all you and Jasper.”

Jasper jumped up and down, “I’ll take your salmon!!”

“It’s all yours,” Christina says as she puts a large portion on Jasper’s plate and we all dig into the take out Chinese food.

“How was your day?” I ask Chris.

“It was a rather quiet day today.  In fact I spoke with your mom this afternoon.  She wants to come visit the kids soon.”

“Yeah she mentioned that.  I told her to come as soon as the winter is over.  I don’t think she’ll enjoy being cooped up inside during the winter and with both of us working.”

“Speaking of working, your mom also told me you turned down Tarun’s offer to run Tarun Jewelers.  She also said, as a result Tarun is going to take the company public since he doesn’t have anyone he trusts to hand the reins too.”

“Yeah, I turned it down,” I admitted.

“Why didn’t you tell me that he even offered you the position?”

“Because I was never going to take the position so there was nothing to discuss,” I say irritated.

“You had the chance to run a world class organization and you turned it down!” she responded with her voice rising

“Well we would have had to move if I took it.  Would you have been willing to move to New Delhi with me? You’d have to quit your job here and find one in India or take a break for a while.”

“Of course not, I wouldn’t have moved.  You could have moved and we could have just traveled in between.” Chris retorted.

“You maybe able to live away from me, but I can’t live away from you and the kids.  That’s no way to raise a family with us continents apart.” I said defensively as I pushed my plate away no longer hungry.

“Are you sure it’s me and the kids or is it just the kids?” Christina responded.

June - Anjali

Raj was home for dinner tonight which unfortunately, was not something I could depend on.  I set the table and put the pots of chicken curry, aloo methi (potatoes with fenugreek), rice, raita, and rotis on the table.

“You cooked Indian tonight,” Raj said rhetorically.

“I didn’t know you were coming home for dinner and I like to eat Indian and I want the kids to appreciate Indian food,” I said defensively.

“I’m not asking you to defend your dinner choices, I’m just stating a fact,” Raj replied.

I quietly take his plate and put a heaping spoon of chicken curry on his plate.

“Not so much, I had a huge lunch, just give me half of that.”

“Sure.” I say as I take a deep breath in.

I serve myself a full spoon of curry and sit down to eat.

“So how was your day?” Raj asks.

“Actually it was really good.  Greg called me and asked if I want to do some freelance work.  They have a project here in New York that they need some help on and therefore wouldn’t require any travel.  Jaya’s over a year old and I’m ready to get back to working.”

“Did you accept the work?” Raj questioned.

“No, I said I speak with you first.  I would have to find a babysitter and figure out all of the logistics before I can accept.”

“Why do you want to go back to work?”

“I miss it.  I miss having my own career,” I say with some hesitation.  I want to say more, but the words get stuck in my throat.

“Anjali, sweetheart, I’m doing really well, we don’t need the money. I can more than take care of you and the kids.  It’s not necessary for you to work.  Plus, how are you going to handle the house, the kids, the social engagements, entertaining my clients and a work schedule?”

“Well, I can hire extra help.” I say meekly.

“If you think you can add that to your list then it’s up to you.  But, don’t forget Karan is about to go into Kindergarten and we’re going through the private school process.  I’ve heard it’s quite intense.  Maybe you should wait until we’ve secured a school for him before adding this on to your plate too.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 244 32
Could Love Find Its Way Through a Scripted Story? Jaanvi was willing to find out. Jaanvi Arora was a hopeless romantic born in an elite class indian...
1.6K 136 25
you must have heard many stories about how two people who are forced to marry become lover of eternity and then, there is a villainess who is also hi...
3.6M 129K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
217K 13.1K 108
( Not Edited ) (MY 2nd FF 😊😊) ( Not Edited ) First Book - Fall in Love In this story it will also reveal that the hero loves someone and heroine...