Billionaire's Ex-Wife ✓

By QuinnCatcher

Vivian Blanc had always love Liam Everhart ever since she laid eyes on him. With a stroke of luck, Vivian re... More

Billionaire Series Information
Introducing Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Billionaire's Ex-Wife
0. Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Prologue
I. Carpe Diem
II. Deviously Handsome
III. Watch My Baby
IV. I'm Vivian
V. Breaking the Chain
VI. Silently Take it
VII. Shape to Perfection
VIII. First Day of Work
IX. Shaddy Promotion
X. She Don't Buy Bullshit
XI. Lack of per se Proper Husband
XII. Like Marriage All Over Again
XIII. Frappuccino Boy
XIV. Something Serious
XV. The Assistant's Assistant
XVI. Humiliation, Threats, and Negligence
XVII. Fifty Cats
XVIII. Russian Spy
XIX. Stalkerish
XX. Not A Person Wall
XXI. I'm Not A Prostitute
XXII. The Golden Gates
XXIII. Another Contract
XXIV. Face Before Taze
XXV. My First Love
Mun Mi and Charlie [Extra1]
Everhart Meets Young [Extra2]
XXVI. Color Red
XXVII. Everyday Emotions
XXVIII. Adoption
XXIX. Blind Date
XXX. Marriage Contract
XXXI. Jackson's Party of the Year
XXXII. All Red
XXXIII. Good Boy
XXXIV. Disgusting
XXXV. Expressing Your Emotions
XXXVI. Lessen the Pain
XXXVII. New Girl
XXXVIII. Gold Platter
XXXIX. Escalation
XL. Horrible Excuse
XLI. Talk to Liam
XLII. Liam's Lover
XLIII. Ice Cream
XLIV. Many Misunderstanding
XLV. Hands of the Laws
XLVI. Fashion Crime
XLVII. Gaspable Situation
XLVIII. Jealous Husband
XLIX. Love Sick
L. Relationship
LI. Background Check
LIII. Girl's Night Out
LIV. Alpha Male Syndrome
LV. Time for a Talk
LVI. How Do You Feel
LVII. Cobbler Night
LVIII. Dealing with Depression
LIX. Caramel Factory
LX. Flat Wheel
LXI. Dinner
LXII. Hell of a Hard Night
LXIII. Going Home
LXIV. Words aren't Tangible
LXV. Revol
LXVI. Princesa
LXVII. Official Date
LXVIII. Stages of Rejection
LXIX. The Detective
LXX. Old Visiters
LXXI. Ding. Ding. Fucking. Ding.
LXXII. Non-Existence
LXXIII. Golden Spoon
LXXIV. Child Negligence
LXXV. Expresso
Epilogue: Pair Bond
author's note

LII. Talking Drinks

5.1K 252 40
By QuinnCatcher

Vivian's POV:

I'm a fool when it comes to love.

I accept that sad part of reality.

But, end meets end, I'm not stupid.

Yes, I do feel sympathy for Lisa's situation, which is the reason why I wholeheartedly lay out a hand to help her. Because what kind of world do we live in if we simply turn a blind eye?

Support is one thing.

Trust is another.

I am willing to support Lisa.

I do not trust her.

Amoli nudges my waist, and I look up to see four sets of eyes resting on me. "I would like the steak, medium, with a side of chicken salad." I closed my menu. The waiter nodded, asked us if we need anything else before picking up the menus, and left.

"So, what do you think?" Amoli busted up a conversation or maybe continued one. My mind was too occupied with Lisa.

"About what?" I took a sip of water.

"About the charity event." Matt grinned, placing his chin against his palm. "Tomorrow."

"Oh...charity is nice," I responded vaguely, not understanding the route of this conversation.

"Matt just invited us to attend tomorrow." I look at Amoli before glancing back Matt.

Liam was silently sipping wine in the corner, "Are you going to attend?" I asked him.

Liam placed down the glass, "No."

"Then, I won't either."

"Oh?" Matt grinned only widen. "What does Liam lack of attendance at the event have to do with you? Is there something going on between you two? Come on, we are all friends here," his desire to play around was too much.

"No." I grabbed the white towel and rest it on my lap. "It's because I'm his caretaker. I'm simply doing my job."

Amoli winced at my tone; everyone knows she had been neglecting her duty as a hired help to play around with Matt. Everyone knows this is Matt's style; to string girls along, so they don't say anything.

Amoli doesn't see Matt real personality as I did. Being engaged to Liam since I was sixteen, I got my fair chance of witnessing his actions personally.

He only sees women as objects to relieve himself of boredom. I highly doubt he will find a woman one day and settle down; particularly with his broken family.

His father and mother both participated in numerous affairs but pretended to be lovers in front of others. His younger brother hates him; where they rarely even acknowledge each other presence. His younger sister is a boy chasing lunatic.

I concluded that I did try my best to warn Amoli about Matt's personality, and I shouldn't meddle too much into their affairs. After all, they are both grown adults in their twenties. Interfering too much will only backlash me later. It's a cruel reality.

At worst, Amoli becomes another victim and cry on my shoulders at night.

At best, Matt really did change, and I was wrong.

I'm not a person who is unwilling to change her perspective on someone.
"Oh? Then, I guess it's just us," Matt told Amoli who blushed at his looks.

My eyes narrowed, and a smirk made its presence. "So, are you two an official couple now?" I know Matt had always hated being labeled. He never accepts any girl as his girlfriend.

His eyes deepened into mine. "We are seeing where things go," he replied coolly, "And what about you two?" He was talking about Liam and me. "Thinking of getting back together...as husband and wife again?"

I look at Liam, who stared at me in return. Neither of us was answering the question. Amoli stayed quiet understanding it was not her position to talk about us.

The food was brought out; allowing me to dodge that question. It was hard for me to respond because I know there is a part of me that wanted us to be together; despite my intention to push that down.

But, why didn't Liam answer?

I nodded in approval of the sauce soaking steak. It was so good that I wanted to order another one and slip it into my purse than take it home.

When we finished dinner, Amoli proposed a walk around San Francisco. It was cold.

I held my arms around my body; feeling Liam's arm crashing against mine once in a while. My eyes moved upward to see Matt taking off his coat for Amoli. She smiled lightly at his action while their eyes melt together. Maybe, he did change.

I sneezed.

I look at Liam, who's hands are tucked inside his coat. His nose was red, and his teeth were chattering against each other. He took a sniff, and his ears turned red like someone had twisted it. He was in a worse condition than me.

The chances of him giving me his coat seem like an all-time low.

At that moment, I felt like giving my coat to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, remembering how Liam dislike going out when it's cold.

Previously, during our marriage, I had proposed going ice skating before, but Liam had always rejected it. Similar to playing in the snow or anything affiliated with the cold outdoors.

Now, I understand why.

He gets cold easily.

He huddles his head further into neck collar, "Yes."

I look forward to seeing Matt and Amoli at a reasonable distance enjoying the night view. There was a small drink shop across the street. "Do you want to go to-" before I can finish Liam dashed past me and huddle towards the store.

I couldn't help but laugh at his tactic.
It was cute. How fast he ran to gain warmth.

If I knew this side of him, I would've dragged his butt out into the snow.
Liam stopped and turned around, "You're too slow." His voice held no warmth rather anxiety. He grabbed my cold hand with his warm one and dragged me towards the cafe.

Once we were inside, we both exhaled at the warm. A young woman greeted us as we sat down inside the small cafe couch. We placed our orders, then watched the flat screen installed in front of us.

I look down, noticing our hands were still interlinked, which caused my blood to fasten. Neither of us moves as we sat there silently.

It was bothering me; how decent Liam had been behaving for the past few weeks.

"Hey," I said quietly, while some random commercial went on.

"Yes?"

"Thank you." I didn't muster enough courage to look at him.

"For what?"

"For asking Mila and Earl to help me out." For unintentionally bringing in Claire. She may be there for a negative reason, but she is helpful. "For volunteering to be in my team when you didn't have to do it."

The young woman placed two warm cups of tea in front of us and smiled before leaving. I unraveled my hand from his and grabbed the warm cup; taking in its delicious delight. Liam was simply staring at his.

Ah, right. He doesn't consume public coffee or tea. It's interesting though, how he would drink wine - only red wine is what I noticed. He's very selective of his drinks.

"Why don't you drink public coffee or tea?" My curiosity got the better of me.

"I don't like drinking it." His response was quite vague.

"But, you drink it at home?" It felt like with each conversation I had with him, I understood his less.

"It's...not right."

"What's not right?"

"The...flavor."

"Then...you can ask them to make it again." I cannot believe we are having a conversation about public drinks.

"It doesn't taste right no matter how many times they re-do it."

It was mind-numbing; the response. I know Liam has OCD, but he isn't suffering from mysophobia. Consumption at a public restaurant isn't an issue for him. So, I can't wrap around the idea of what's wrong.

"But, you drink red wine...in public."

"Yes, I do."

"How can you drink one thing but not the other?"

"Alcohol within a specific bottle; the content doesn't change. Coffee and tea are often handmade; which taste varies from person to person."

"So, wait. You're telling me. You won't drink alcohol if it is handmade?"

He nodded, "Yes...unless a preferred individual made it for me."

My mind was officially blown. I knew Liam was picky but not to this extreme.

Hands down, Liam Everhart, is a true heir.

I suddenly had a random thought, "Is that the reason why you didn't eat my strawberries? Because I cut it?"

"There was no issue in you cutting it."

I tilted my head.

"The way you cut it is not preferred."

There was a small static zapping inside my mind. "Then...how are you supposed to cut strawberries?"

"Circular. I prefer them to be cut into circles and stacked."

My left eye twitched momentarily before I burst out laughing, causing some heads to true. "Are you serious?" I slightly pushed Liam on the arm and threw my head back at what he said. It was too funny.

My laughter died down when I realized he wasn't laughing along. "Oh God, you're serious."

"Yes, I am."

It was amusing, everything that came out of his mouth. He looked severe but what he said was too funny to be taken seriously.

But, I couldn't help it; asking Liam more question. Some response was acceptable while others sounded sarcastic. I told myself to calm down during his sarcastic response instead of snapping at him to be more serious.
I had to take in a few deep breathes before continuing my questioning, but overall it wasn't bad.

Liam hasn't stood up and walks away, so I assumed our not-a-date was going well.

And with each ticking minute, I knew I was in deep trouble. I was falling, harder and harder; back into the abyss. The feelings got deeper with each word spilling out his mouth, his very bewitching lips.

I wanted to embrace him.

I wanted to kiss him.

I wanted to make love with him.

The question was on the edge of my tongue. I wanted to ask him if there is any possibility for us to have another chance together.

I can't promise him that I will change for him because I am who I am. This is me.

But, I want us to compromise without the need to bring in a contract making our marriage into a business deal.

I'm not going to ask for much. If he is willing to stay faithful and if we interact like we did today once in a while; it was enough.

I wasn't asking for a bouquet of flowers - just one.

I was surprised when Liam asked me a question in return. I halted halfway into sipping my coffee and look at him. The cup was on my lap, thumbs fiddling with the edge. It was a very trivial question, but it made me really happy.

I smiled, "My favorite color is red."

Liam's hands were toying with the warm untouched cup. The scent of coffee rushed into our nostrils as the barista brew a new container for her customers. The bell dinged, and a group of people rushed inside to warm up from the cold.

"Me too." The tone of his voice was unexpected; low but pleasant. And then he gave me a smile that was just so genuine that it made my heart grew into a near explosion.

Without any rhyme or reason, I tilted my head inward and kissed his lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 76.8K 52
*You do not have to read the first two books in order to understand this one* I believe true love happens only once in your life. And I'm talking...
443K 13.6K 28
Kiara A girl never met Liam her brother-in-law till her sister died. But when she did met him, she didn't liked him because of the absurd proposal h...
10.5K 574 38
They say you never forget your first love. Or your first heartbreak. Vivian and Jordan met and fell in love while still in high school. Things were...
1.4M 45.8K 18
As I feel her touch I can't help but smile and relax. I felt calmer now as I move slightly and turn around to face her. She looks up at me and I lac...