Business (completed) |H.S|

By Into1D

1D watty awards winner | Completed| Harry Styles is a psychology student with a bright future, but when his m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Thank you and announcements :)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! PLEASE READ
Chapter 36
TEARS
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 63 + thank you so much
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Final Chapter
Sequel (Please read)
New book: Between Devil and Satan

Chapter 16

2.3K 96 22
By Into1D

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

(VOTE AND COMMENT ON THE PASSAGES) :)

*16*

" No ! Where are you?" I asked, almost yelling at the phone. My hand squeezed the device tighter.

I was pacing back and forth in the office.

Styles and I arrived a few minutes ago. I recovered from my sudden emotional problems. It was easy to do even though I'd loved staying inside Styles' arms longer but I was a strong woman. I shouldn't have cried for such stupid reasons.

My office wasn't a mess anymore. The woman had tidied up amazingly. I could find everything at their place. A clean room made me feel better even though I couldn't handle the one I was talking to anymore.

I was really serious while the other crazy guys was laughing at me. Yes, Niall was laughing at me.

"Where are you?" I boomed in a furious way. Anger boiled inside me. Why the f uck did he do that?

His laughter was almost the same through the phone but I didn't want to laugh anymore. The alcohol I had gulped down didn't have any effect on me anymore. Jokes didn't work on me anymore. But Niall found it so funny that I was yelling furiously.

He finally could reply me but with a choked voice. "OK OK, we should meet soon."

"Not soon! Right now!" I yelled once again through the speaker.

This time, Styles startled and looked at me. His green eyes horridly scrutinized me, leaving his work for a short time.

"I can't." Niall snapped and I wanted to slap him on his face.

"Do you know what your f ucking stupid trick involves?"

I collapsed on the couch. Styles' eyes looked more worried. He even got up, frowning his eyebrows. I leant on the back of the comfortable couch and listened to Niall.

"No. Tell me." His voice shifted in a more serious way. He didn't realize how important my ring was.

"You stole my ring-"

"No, I didn't. You gave it to me." He stated calmly.

I laughed in mocking way. Why would I give him that precious ring?

"Come on! Don't lie."

"I swear, Evelyn. I swear on my mother's life! You gave it to me."

No. He was lying.

"We have to talk. Right now!" I ordered. I didn't understand why I gave him my ring. It wasn't any ring. It was my engagement ring from Lens. I couldn't have given it away without any reason. I was surely going insane. Styles told me he couldn't recognize me, I couldn't recognize myself either.

"I am not able to come, now. I am assigned to some work."

"Uh, come as soon as possible. And when you arrive, try not to be seen. I don't want anyone to see you around." I explained. A fourth man going up to my office would ruin my whole reputation. I already hired three men, I wouldn't go on.

"Ok Ok. I'll be there by four. See ya!"

I only nodded, as if he could see. I sighed, not in relief, but in more frustration. I was losing control on everything I did. I had never felt so weak. My world was almost upside down. ALMOST. I had to get the control and to reinforce my authority. I had never thought it would be so hard to work and live my own life at the same time. I had always put my life aside and studied. I had no time to rest, I was always active and I liked it.

I hang up and put the phone down. I just had to wait for him to get my ring back.

"You ok?"

I looked up and faced an astonished Styles.

"Yeah. I've got a terrible headache. Please, grab me some coffee or anything."

A light chuckle flattered my ears. He bowed in front of me so he could watch me in the eyes.

"You have red eyes. You better stay sober." He scolded. But his voice was full of irony as well. He cocked his head to one side and scrutinized me. "Well, what was the problem?"

"Um, you'll see it soon or later. As for now, go grab my coffee."

He nodded and slowly leant on his lap to get up. He made his way out of the room without any word. It was better like that. We had to talk about new hair products with Tomlinson.

I had to release that shampoo before my mother came back. At least, I should promote it. My mother's come-back would ruin my plans. I still didn't figure out how she would react, would she dismiss them in one glance or spare them? I didn't know much. I only had a goal: try to change Sethi's reputation.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The smell soothed my headache. The fruits scent was delighting. My nostrils near the container, I inhaled the relaxing scent. I finally brought it back down on the table. An army of chemists in white blouses surrounded me, patiently waiting for the verdict. I was the only one sitting, everyone else seemed stressed out except for Styles who didn't care of the whole meeting.

"Wonderful!" was the word that could sum everything up.

The odd blue mixture in the container looked eatable, as if it were a candy. But I hid this opinion and nodded.

"So, three days, a new shampoo!" I stated.

Everyone was calm and attentive to every single gesture I made.

"Yes, Miss." The eldest woman said, stepping forward. "Half of the staff worked on it, in order to release it as soon as possible, as you wished."

"Well, it seems really good, though, have you made experiences on people?"

I glanced at Tomlinson, who was mainly the brain of the whole thing. He nodded in approval and smiled at me.

"Of course, we took sixteen women from your usual lists. The shampoo had to remove dandruff, soften straight hair, repair forked hair,- -"

I didn't listen to the long sentence he stated in a formal way, even though he wanted to laugh. I just nodded. I didn't care even though they could judge to be a bad listener. His long speech about hair was d amn annoying. As I began to know he was stopping, I re-listened to him.

"So, sixteen women on the sixteen tested had the expected results." He grinned, proud of himself.

"Sixteen women?" I cocked one eyebrow and everyone tensed up.

A few nods replied my 'question'.

"We took every kind of hair." Tomlinson explained fast.

"It doesn't matter. Take men as well."

If they weren't in front of me, their jaw should've dropped to the floor. Sethi's was a cosmetic company only for women. I should raise a revolution in it, once my mother was out of age, I'd be the one who would run the company.

I had to take care of it before my mother's habits drown the company.

"Men?" The old chemists asked.

"Yes. Are you death already? I said yes, I want tests on men."

"It was supposed to aim feminine clientele." One of them snapped. "It's your mother's will anyway!"

The woman almost raised her voice. Bad idea. Raising the voice with me would never get me to understand someone. I'd just get angrier.

I looked up to her, still sitting on my chair. My glare pierced her into the eyes, she tried to turn away.

"No. Change it."

She was trying to retort once again but I motioned for her to shut up before I gathered enough anger to slap her on the face. Everyone's face was down, they were looking at the ground, or trying to distract them from all the electric tension in the large laboratory.

"Change it! Forget all about my mother said!"

I got up, my chair squeaking on the tiles. The noise was terrible to hear, for them. I made it on purpose just to make the moment horrific for all of them.

"I want those tests to be done tomorrow afternoon." Was the last sentence I said before I turned back to the door.

My pace was slow and I didn't hear Styles' pace behind me. He was supposed to follow me anywhere I go in the company. That's his job. I didn't bother to look back and left the room without any word of approval from the chemists.

As I made my way back to the elevator, my phone buzzed in the pocket of my trousers. My eyes didn't look at the screen, I simply picked the call up.

"Yeah?" my voice came off annoyed and highly frustrated after my altercation with that woman.

"Hey Eve!" The voice I recognized was Lens' greeted me reluctantly.

"Um?"

My headache came back as soon as I knew it was Lens. I still couldn't get over the fact that he left me all alone. I had heard in some show that 'women didn't forget things easily'.

"We have to talk." His voice said gravely through the phone.

"Maybe."

I stopped walking towards the lift and stood up next to a door. I leant on it and listened to him.

"Oh, stop talking like that." His voice grumbled. "Let's meet now."

I refused at once, knowing that my ring was still with that Niall. If Lens saw me without that ring, our relationship would be definitely over.

"Tonight, at your place." I retorted with a smirk.

"Will you - - will you stay the night?" He seemed hesitant to ask me.

"Yeah."

"OK, so see you tonight."

It was an already solved problem. Lens would let me do anything I wanted once we made up. Sex would make up to him. He would wake up smiling and I would continue to live my life as if nothing ever happened.

"Evelyn, you're a terrible human being."

I shoved the phone back into my pocket after I hit the red button on the flat screen. I turned to the man, who I knew was Styles. His green eyes glared at me. I looked straight into them. I wouldn't be facing down the floor because he tried to frighten me.

"Styles, you better not talk about my personality now."

He shook his head off, and then pulled one of his curls to the back of his ear.

"You should think of this, though." His voice explained in a low way. "Maybe you should apology. You aren't a very respectful person."

I laughed in a mocking tone and marched away from him. He followed me and seized my arm. I swirled around, my eyes bursting in obvious annoyance.

"Do you know that everyone hates you?" he asked.

With one simple move, I escaped his tight grip and paced fast to the lift. I pressed the button and impatiently banged on the mustard-coloured wall of the corridors, waiting for the lift to be up there.

"Do you know that?"

His voice went higher. But I did ignore him to make him shut.

"You better think of that."

"Uh, I don't think so." I finally replied, raising one eyebrow. The lift was late... My ears wouldn't bear Styles' reprimand any longer.

"So you'll die alone."

The doors finally opened and I stepped in. I reconsidered Styles' words, I wouldn't die alone. I remained quiet and let him enter. Both of us had our arms crossed above our chest. I still felt his eyes on me as the lift went up. The sensation in a so closed place made me feel awkward.

"I am not dying alone." I suddenly said to break the silence.

"You are. Your whole world is focused on two stupid things: work and sex." He grumbled so slowly that I leant in to listen to him.

He sighed, seemingly exasperated.

"Where's the problem?"

"In you, Evelyn. Work doesn't last. You will be a retired woman when you approach your sixty or seventy."

The door of the elevator opened and the long corridor towards my office was in front of us. I stepped out, thinking of what he said. A few women greeted me and got an acknowledging nod from me in return. I kept marching towards my office.

"And sex, Evelyn. You can't base your relationship on sex. Maybe you won't be tired of it, but Lens will be."

I harshly stopped and looked back at him. A smirk grew on his face, pleased that he attacked a touchy point.

"Yes, he will. I think that Lens won't stand it anymore."

Laughter exploded into me and I ended up laughing at Styles. He was dead serious.

"Yeah, keep laughing. Lens doesn't seem to be as rude as you are so I bet he will be looking for a more stable relationship."

I shook my head but stopped laughing. Of course, Lens wasn't a rude person, but he didn't either treat anyone like s hit. However, I didn't think he would break all the family promises because of the quest of a perfect relationship.

I opened the door of my office, Styles still falling into step with me.

"Styles, this won't happen."

"I'm just warning you. You can't live against the society. It will turn bad anyway. But I still don't understand you."

My ears were death - I mean I wish they were. Styles was so annoying and reminded me of the thousand people who told me the same thing. I knew it. But having a normal life would just be impossible for me to do, my past would never let me. If I tried to escape my past, it would rush after me in an awful way. It would hurt even more.

Sitting behind my wooden desk, I managed to read a few lines from a random dossier. It didn't work, Styles' voice never disappeared.

I could appreciate his beautiful face at the moment I looked up. His face was so close to mine. His hands supported his weight on the desk and he leant in to scrutinize me. His lips were just a few inches away. They looked so appetizing. All I wanted was devour them in a kiss. But yeah, Styles in a kind of amazing love story with AN-GE-LI-CA. I was also in a relationship. So there was no way we could do this once again.

"I bet you're thinking about kissing me." He said, leaning back. He was almost laughing. His right hand rushed through his messy hair.

"I've got to say you're right." I admitted then looked back at the papers laid on my desk.

"You're a desperate case, Evelyn Sethi. But think about what I've said, you don't build a marriage onto sex and business."

I nodded, just to have him keeping his words for him. The phone suddenly rang and as the good secretary he was, he lifted up the receiver to his ear. After a few seconds, he handed it to me.

"Who?" I murmured.

"Malik." He replied, almost chuckling.

I suddenly smiled in a real happiness. I really needed to talk to someone who actually knew me. I grabbed the receiver from his hands.

"Hey Zayn!"

"Hi Evy!" His voice greeted warmly.

Styles sat in front of me and crossed his arms. He watched me talking and smiled.

"So what's up?"

I was afraid he would invite me somewhere. Since the night, I left his exhibition and told him I was engaged, I was afraid our relationship would turn awkward.

"Do you remember the charity dinner my father organizes every year?"

"Yes." It was an invitation already, right?

"I'd love if you and your fiancé could come. I wanna meet him. It will be in two days but no one sends Sethi Company invitations so I am personally inviting you two."

I smiled at myself. My mother never received an invitation for those dinners because people always pissed her off. She didn't like the men there and we also attended a really funny auction. It was something really common in rich people's charity dinner, we sold 24 hours with a man or a woman at auction.

"Ok, that's great! Thanks Zaynie."

"Oh by the way, please my father forced me into being one of the men at the auction. Please maybe buy 24 hours with me." He paused when I burst out laughing. He was surely embarrassed. "I know no woman would actually want to have me for 24 hours. I don't want to be bought for £200. Buy me?"

He sounded so serious, as if he asked me to marry him. I tried to swallow my laughter but I couldn't. I shut my eyes, holding it back.

"Ok, I will. I will. Anything else?"

"Please don't stop until it reaches £5000 - at least."

"Yeah, don't worry." I giggled and after a few 'good byes' I replaced the receiver.

I looked up, sighing, still chuckling at how Zayn was suddenly an insecure guy. I met Styles' eyes, they were mischievous.

"Oh, maybe that's the solution to your problems." He said, shrugging off.

I tilted my head in one side and waited for him to explain so much my brain was 'laughing' I couldn't think clearly.

"I know you don't love Lens." He trailed off, a bit unsure. But when he didn't receive any retort, he continued talking. "You love that Malik guy."

I burst out laughing once again. A real laughter. Not one of those fake or evil laugh I usually had. It was dumb to say that.

"Styles, I am n-"

"Yes yes, you are. Just look at the way you treat Malik and your fiancé. Malik is definitely the one you prefer."

He began to smile with me.

"I thought studying psychology would make you read in people's mind by their actions-"

"It's not exactly that." He tried to correct.

"Don't care. You are terrible at reading in my mind. How can you think that I love Zayn?"

My tone never changed, my throat began to ache.

"Um, you act so differently with him." He pointed out. His eyes looking down at me and were locked on my hands.

"He's my only friend!"

"Aren't we friends now?" he asked with an eyebrow raised. He smiled with all this teeth, showing his gorgeous dimples.

"Um, yeah. I guess we're friends. But I am not still sure."

Somehow, I began to think that it was healthier that Styles and I were being friends. It was great to have someone like him in my life. I mentally smiled at myself. Styles and I were friends. However, if he kept on being so hot at work, I wouldn't stand friendship anymore.

Friends with Styles.

HEEYYYY! SORRY FOR LONG UPDATES, I WAS ILL AND I AM STILL ILL. I COUGHED LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER.DEDICATION FOR Yasmine BECAUSE SHE'S COOL ;))))

OMGG Steal My Girl Video! IT WAS SO JAADJDOSSMGH!

OH, I STILL FOLLOW BACK ON TWITTER: @intox1D.

AND I DISCOVERED THAT SOMEONE CREATED A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR BUSINESS. (IDK if the link on the side works)

I WAS SICK BC YOU DIDN'T FEED ME ENOUGH! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. I KNOW IT SUCKED BUT AT LEAST TELL IT TO ME. I'LL BE MORE MOTIVATED IF YOU FEED ME.

Au revoir, My Little Sucreries!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 518 17
I wrote these forever ago, but I thought I would post them here for people. If they are cringe, I apologize.
185K 3.1K 32
"Hey do you remember my Mum telling you my brother is coming to visit for my birthday?" Gemma says taking her dishes to the kitchen sink. "Yeah I do...
13.1K 356 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
61.5K 409 26
Enjoy