The Cured

By GirLegend99

Sequel to The Infected. They thought life would change to better after the annihilation and chaos, since they... More

The Cured
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter 40

3.6K 177 145
By GirLegend99

It's too late for me to stop now...

~•~ Chapter 40 ~•~

“We're all ears, boss.” Louis announced in a cocky tone, throwing his head back as the sun shined down his face.

“I think the fuck not.” Ed spat aggressively, sending a cold look towards Louis. “What the fuck does Leo know about this place?” he asked, eyes roaming between us questioningly.

“Ed, I understand your anger but you need to stay calm and listen to me. We have the map, we know what is ahead of you and we have to prepare you-,“

“Stay calm? Stay calm?!” he raised his voice as he leaned closer to Thomas’ bracelet, totally vexed and irritated now. “I almost died out here more than 5 times you prick!” my eyes widened at the way he called Leo, Harry instantly stiffing beside me for the same reason. “You sent us here with little knowledge and most of us are dead now! so don't tell me to stay fucking calm because I probably won't be alive tomorrow!” he yelled, throwing his hands in the air exasperatedly.

“Ed, not now.” Cole said firmly, giving him a stern look as he held his hands out, gesturing Ed to calm down.

“No, I'm done with this shit,” Ed snapped harshly, glaring at his brother. “You need to wake the fuck up! All of you!” he shouted, directing his glare to all of us.

“Hey! Watch how you speak!” Louis scolded, standing up threatingly. He has had enough with Ed. Harry let go of me, swiftly stepping closer to Louis to stop anything that might turn this place into a  battle ring.

“Or what, you fucking asshole?” Ed challenged, copying Louis’ actions and pushing himself to his feet, veins showing off on his neck due to his anger. Cole immediately pulled Ed by the arm, trying to hold him in place.

“Stop fighting! You're only attracting zombies by yelling out loud!” Leo hissed in a patronizing tone, sounding pissed.

“You have always been a coward - get the fuck out of here if you don't like this!” Louis shouted, completely ignoring Leo's words, as he stepped closer to Ed. Harry brought himself in front of Louis, lightly holding him back by the shoulders, but Louis didn't even look at him, he just kept glaring daggers at Ed.

“Louis, calm down.” Harry said gruffly, staring past Louis shoulder expectingly.

“You're an asshole  - you never listen to me!” Ed retaliated, pointing at Louis with narrowed eyes. Cole pulled him back again, making Ed jerk his arm away harshly. “Get the fuck off me.” he snapped at his brother, who seemed slightly hurt but masked his expression instantly.

Thomas sat there in between, looking up at me completely lost and tired, coffee brown eyes asking quietly for help. I felt the same way too, as this scene of Louis and Ed bickering has started to grow old and boring. I looked over at Liam, who lied down and gave zero fucks about what's going on, while Niall held his head between his hands in desperation and irritation. Zayn stood on the edge of the hill with Loki sitting down beside him, just staring at us blankly, waiting for them to finish their stupid argument so we could move on.

“Guys shut the fuck up! Both of you!” Harry roared loudly, the sound of his angry voice being so extremely powerful having me bite my lip out of fear. Ed instantly jerked backwards at Harry's voice, while Louis lowered his head with a pissed expression crossing his features. “You are forgetting we're in the middle of a mission!” he added with a hiss, jade angry eyes flicking between Louis and Ed.

Silence fell over us again, only the faint sound of waves running and crashing against the rocks at the bottom of the waterfalls was heard. I sighed, my body pleading me for some rest. The sun had started to burn brightly upon us again, making the need of fresh water down my throat intensify.

“He's right boys, get your shit together.” I spoke in a brief tone, gaining their eyes on me. Ed just sent me a scowl while Louis pressed his lips tightly. “We're all tired, the last thing we need is you bitching around all the damn time.” I added, moving my hand.

“Listen up, guys, it's not easy, I know, I've been waiting for a whole month to have a proper discussion with you again but you are very close to the lab. I never doubted you, I knew you would get this far and there's still a long way ahead of you.” Leo’s words actually had my heart fluttering with pride as I settled myself down on the soft grass, making sure I had my back facing the few skulls so I didn't have to look at the ugly sight.

“What's the plan?” Liam asked monotonously.

“You got a clearing 40 meters ahead of you. I believe there is where most zombies might be, because one of our helicopters crashed there at the first attempt to get near the shield. There's a lake a little further, always stick close to the water, so avoid the black forest and circle around it. It will take longer to get to the lab, but I'm not risking you through that forest,”

“Black forest? like the ice cream flavor?” Thomas snorted, finding his joke amusing.

“Nothing like that.”

“So the lab is beyond the black forest?” Niall asked flatly.

“Yes. Note down the code, 7139, it's the password to the gates so you can enter the lab without breaking in.”

I noted the password to my bracelet, the boys copying my actions. I glanced over at Ed who glared ahead at the view while Cole quietly spoke to him. This man just can't listen to anybody or ever agree with anything, I wonder how he passed the team spirit test.

“Okay, we have to get to the bottom now so we can camp there and rest.” Harry sighed heavily, looking over the edge of the hill, his tensed back facing me.

“Be careful!  I'll be waiting for your next call. Stick together and don't die.” a beep was heard after that, indicating the call was over.

“Suck my dick.” Ed grumbled dryly..

“Alright, guys, get up, we have to go. Zayn, get Niall,” Harry ordered lowly, pointing at Niall. Zayn nodded and moved towards Niall to undo the comb of his rope so he could tie it around himself.

Liam looked at Harry with big brown grateful eyes, “Thank you.” he mouthed at him, thankful he wouldn't have to carry Niall again.

Harry nodded once and looked over at Cole and Ed. “Get up.”

The sweat all over my neck and collarbones had me feeling sticky as we started walking down the hill. The straps of my camp bag seemed to bite harshly on my shoulders but I couldn't take them off just yet. I was looking forward to having a quick bath, change clothes and sleep peacefully in my tent with Harry's arms around me.

“One day it's fucking cold, next day it's fucking hot, I'm sick of this weather!” Thomas groaned exasperatedly, throwing his hands in the air as he walked beside me. The ground was uneven, with a few ditches then and there, making it slightly difficult for us to walk properly.

“Shh, I don't need any more shouts!” Liam hissed, rubbing his temples, brows knitted together, showing pain. “My head is killing me.”

“Patience, my friend, we'll have a great sleep once we make the tents.” Zayn said coolly, wrapping his arm loosely over Liam's shoulders.

Loki ran past me, tongue sticking out and cropped ears flopping as he headed towards Louis, who was a few feet ahead. Suddenly, a loud noise from beneath us was heard, causing the floor to shake as we all stumbled on our feet. Louis tripped as Loki rolled over between his feet, asking them both fall on the ground. Thomas bumped on my shoulder, almost having me fall on my butt but I was quick enough to hold myself steady.

“What the hell is that?!” Zayn yelled through the loud noises of the earth shaking beneath our feet.

“A fucking earthquake!” Liam yelled back, falling on his knees as the ground shook vigorously.

I actually felt the rocks falling all ovr my feet, the hill cracking in the middle, the soil slowly parting as the crack started getting long. My eyes widened, ready to pop out from their sockets at the terrifying sight, my jaw touching the ground. I looked over at Harry who was a few meters ahead, seeing the worry and confusion all over his face as he gave me a wild look.

“Run!” I screamed, grabbing Thomas’ arm tightly in my hand before sprinting off.

I could barely step properly on the ground as I ran, Thomas’ pace not fitting with mine, our feet slightly kicking each other as we tried our best to stay standing. Harry ahead of us was running fast, with Cole and Ed following from behind. Louis had taken Loki in his arms, running down with too much weight on him due to the camp bag and the dog. Loki struggled in Louis’ firm grip, ears tucked back in fear.

Zayn and Liam held Niall’s arms as they ran, panicked. I felt my own heart racing loudly against my chest with every step. The crack grew longer, almost reaching me, having my anxiety and fear rise up fonder within me. Suddenly, I saw Harry taking a turn towards the lower hill, throwing his hands to gesture us to follow him. However, Louis didn't catch that message, heading straight towards the edge of the hill.

“Louis no!” Harry came to a halt and  yelled at the top of his lungs, green eyes wide and filled with horror.

Louis looked ahead, realizing it was too late for him to stop as he was running with full speed towards a cliff. My stomach tightened painfully when I saw him throw Loki off his arms, causing the dog to whine in pain as it landed harshly on the ground. I felt my heart rising up to my mouth when I heard Louis screaming loudly as he tried to stop his tracks but only managed to trip over the rocks and fall off the cliff, disappearing from our sight.

_______________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26 2 7
Naomi Carter is a student in starford high school. Final exams are just around the corner, but what happens if mathematics is the enemy. What if ther...
39.1K 1.9K 15
Used and abandoned by laksh, Ragini was forced into another marriage by her grandmother. still broken, Ragini did not know what to expect from this m...
14 4 2
⚠️ Sequel to my another fic, LOKIUS - Department of time - Chapter 5⚠️ This is my first story in English, is the story of Sylvie, a variant of Loki. ...
218 5 35
How far would you go to save your best friend? His world turned upside down, Jad Cannon witnesses Seeby, his best friend, get kidnapped. Jad and his...