Billionaire's Ex-Wife ✓

By QuinnCatcher

Vivian Blanc had always love Liam Everhart ever since she laid eyes on him. With a stroke of luck, Vivian re... More

Billionaire Series Information
Introducing Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Billionaire's Ex-Wife
0. Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Prologue
I. Carpe Diem
II. Deviously Handsome
III. Watch My Baby
IV. I'm Vivian
V. Breaking the Chain
VI. Silently Take it
VII. Shape to Perfection
VIII. First Day of Work
IX. Shaddy Promotion
X. She Don't Buy Bullshit
XI. Lack of per se Proper Husband
XII. Like Marriage All Over Again
XIII. Frappuccino Boy
XIV. Something Serious
XV. The Assistant's Assistant
XVI. Humiliation, Threats, and Negligence
XVII. Fifty Cats
XVIII. Russian Spy
XIX. Stalkerish
XX. Not A Person Wall
XXI. I'm Not A Prostitute
XXII. The Golden Gates
XXIII. Another Contract
XXIV. Face Before Taze
XXV. My First Love
Mun Mi and Charlie [Extra1]
Everhart Meets Young [Extra2]
XXVI. Color Red
XXVII. Everyday Emotions
XXVIII. Adoption
XXIX. Blind Date
XXXI. Jackson's Party of the Year
XXXII. All Red
XXXIII. Good Boy
XXXIV. Disgusting
XXXV. Expressing Your Emotions
XXXVI. Lessen the Pain
XXXVII. New Girl
XXXVIII. Gold Platter
XXXIX. Escalation
XL. Horrible Excuse
XLI. Talk to Liam
XLII. Liam's Lover
XLIII. Ice Cream
XLIV. Many Misunderstanding
XLV. Hands of the Laws
XLVI. Fashion Crime
XLVII. Gaspable Situation
XLVIII. Jealous Husband
XLIX. Love Sick
L. Relationship
LI. Background Check
LII. Talking Drinks
LIII. Girl's Night Out
LIV. Alpha Male Syndrome
LV. Time for a Talk
LVI. How Do You Feel
LVII. Cobbler Night
LVIII. Dealing with Depression
LIX. Caramel Factory
LX. Flat Wheel
LXI. Dinner
LXII. Hell of a Hard Night
LXIII. Going Home
LXIV. Words aren't Tangible
LXV. Revol
LXVI. Princesa
LXVII. Official Date
LXVIII. Stages of Rejection
LXIX. The Detective
LXX. Old Visiters
LXXI. Ding. Ding. Fucking. Ding.
LXXII. Non-Existence
LXXIII. Golden Spoon
LXXIV. Child Negligence
LXXV. Expresso
Epilogue: Pair Bond
author's note

XXX. Marriage Contract

7.8K 327 63
By QuinnCatcher

Liam's POV:

My mom being pushy is something I'm used to.

Dad says it's because she wants to give me everything and anything I want. She wants me to be happy. Since I don't openly communicate what I want like Finn, she gets concerned.

"This is absurd! How can you do something like that without speaking with me!" Dad shouted from downstairs.

Finn grinned, "Let's go see what they are talking about." I nodded and follow him out of my bedroom. We squat in the hallway, listening to their conversation.

"Did you see how Liam-" It's me again. They are bickering because of me again, "was looking at the girl?"

Dad exhaled, wrapping his hand around his head. He glanced at Lawson for support since Harper was upstairs putting their children, Elaina and Kate, to sleep. They decided to come to America for a vacation.

"Plus, they called me," mom quickly said while both men stare at her. She settles herself beside dad and massages his shoulders. "Her name is Vivian Blanc."

Dad quirk a brow, "Blanc? The South America fashion tycoon?"

Quickly, mom nodded her head. "Yes, that family. Her mom called me a few weeks ago saying how her family is interested in our Liam."

Dad looks again at Lawson, who turned his head. That is his silent way of saying he will not interfere.

"We should do it!" Mom chimed.

Dad exhaled, running his fingers through his already messy hair. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off considering his marriage partner...my mom. "Alright. Let's...continue talking to the Blanc."

"Are you sure?" Lawson finally inputted. Dad glared at him. The one that says - Why didn't you say anything earlier. Lawson ignored it. "I mean...a marriage contract isn't a small matter."

Marriage contract?

Finn tugged my shirt, tilting his head towards my bedroom. We crawled together back inside. Finn settled on the ground beside my trains as I closed the door. I walked towards him and sat beside him with my arms around my crossed legs.

"Hyung. Are you going to get married?" Finn frequently visits our family in Korea, so he adapts to our Korean roots more than me. Hyung means older brother.

I scratched my head, "I guess."

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. If father and mother want me to get married. Then I'll get married."

Our parents sacrificed a lot for us. I
know that much. Instead of continuously out and about making more money, they would always make time to spend with both of us. Holidays are sacred in the family, and weekends face calls are a must.

"What about that, girl?" he asked, "Does she want to marry you?"

I bit my lower lip, scratching my head. Finn does have a point. I don't mind marrying Vivian. Maybe, that'll give me a chance to talk to her finally.

But what does she think? Does she want to marry me?

Vivian always adverts her eyes whenever she sees me. She always walks faster whenever I came to view.

I thought that maybe, one day, she'll talk to me like the other girls. But, she never did.

The guys said that if a girl adverts their eyes or if she walks faster when she sees you. It means she wants nothing to do with you. That also means you shouldn't chase after her because she'll only dislike you more.

I don't want Vivian to dislike me any more than she already does.

The weeks passed by, and it seems like my parents are finished with the marriage contract. They met Vivian's parents and learned more than I'll ever know about Vivian. I watch as mom slide the paper across the table with a broad smile on her face.

"Think about it," mom would say.

"I can't believe you're getting marry." Matt exhaled the smokes out the window. I never understand why he would do such a health hazardous action.

"Shit man." Jack spun around my chair. "Is this Vivian Blanc girl cute?"

"Does it matter whether or not she's cute?" Mauricio inputted, leaning lazily on half of my bed. "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

Jack shrugged, "Just curious."

"Are you seriously going to marry her?" Vincent asked. Earlier, when Vincent came to borrow my Economic book, he spotted the Marriage Contract. Without another word, he called everyone for a meeting.

I want to go pee, but they are blocking the door. It seems I am lock inside this room until they are satisfied with their investigation.

I shrugged, "I...I don't think she wants to marry me."

"Then, break it off," Matt said. "Tell her you don't want to get married tomorrow."

I bit my inner cheeks, "But...her parents."

"Are at fault. They shouldn't make this marriage contract if she doesn't want to get marry," Matt rebuttal. I can tell, he doesn't like marriage contracts, but its quite the norm in our industries.

That, and also, Matt doesn't get along with his parents. They seem to push him into marriage contracts all the time to grow their corporation.

I wonder if my parents are pushing me to marry Vivian to make the company grow too?

"What if-" Mauricio said, scrolling through his phone. Most likely, he is looking at his own photos. "What if Vivian is the one who suggested the marriage, so her family's company can grow?"

They all gasped dramatically.

"That's true. I mean, the Blanc's family fashion industry is big in South America," Vincent inputted. "What if she is using you?"

My left eye twerked momentarily at that thought. What if she is using me? Yes, I never thought of marriage and accepted the fact that I may die alone in my room full of trains and sketches, but if I can. I prefer marrying someone I love, like my parents. I prefer it if Vivian marries someone she loves too.

Jack stood up and smacked his hands together. "Let's do it! Let's confront Vivian Blanc tomorrow! I get front row dibs!"

I stood in front of the cafeteria, running my hand down my forearm. "I can do this...alone." I told the five guys standing in front of me. Every single one of them was grinning widely except for Larry.

Vincent probably told Larry. He exhaled, "Maybe; we should-"

Jack stepped in front of Larry and shoved me inside the doors. We began walking inside, and I look around for Vivian. Immediately, I spotted her at her usual table, which was five tables away to the left from where I generally sit.

I walk towards her, seeing her munching on the chicken nuggets. I gripped my hand on the piece of paper inside my pants.

Just ask her if she wants to marry you. That's the thought that ran inside my mind.

If Vivian does want to marry me then...I really wouldn't mind marrying her. It would give us something we have in common to talk about.

Harper always told me that the best way to make friends is to find similar grounds. I never took the advice because making friends is too trying.

And what if they all behave like the guys in front of me?

I shuddered at that thought.

"Ask her how she convinced your parents to agree," Jack whispered.

"Yeah! Ask her what happened. I kind of want to know too," Vincent commented while Larry shook his head.

I inched closer to Vivian, feeling as if my lungs were about to explode any second. At that moment, I wish it did. I crunched the paper in my hand, wishing I brought my red train with me. I was advised to leave it behind, as part of my mental growth. Plus, it would be ridiculous for a grown guy to carry around a toy train whenever he goes.

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Vivian. I couldn't see or hear anyone but her. When I noticed a small piece of meat stuck on her nose, I tilt my head. Before I knew it, I lift my hand and brush off the piece of meat, "You got chicken nugget here."

Vivian's cheeks burned red. She instantly looks down, probably feeling disgusted that I touch her. My bit my lower lip, holding back the uneasiness as she rubs off the area I touch.

Am I really that unlikable?

She inhaled a sharp breath before glaring at me. "What do you want?" her voice was cold, unlike how she speaks to her family and friends.

I knew it. She does dislike me.

I have to do it. I have to be strong. That's the line I tell myself every day before I go to school. Before I walk down the hall filled with students. Before I attended a party. Before I do anything that's deemed regular or socially acceptable in society.

My legs felt weak, so I sat down at the empty chair in front of her. If I stand any further, I will collapse by her really mean look. Quickly, I took out the paper and slammed it on the table. The moment it's out, I retracted my shaky hand and shove it back inside my pocket.

Jack blew out a whistle and continue chewing his gum as the cafeteria fell silence. "Shit is about to go down for real."

Shit is another word for pooing. I learn new words from these guys every day. More modernize terminology to help me fit in.

But I don't use them. I was taught not to use socially unacceptable terms.
But how did he know I'm about to shit myself? I knew it. I shouldn't have eaten such a big breakfast.

I watch as Vivian grabs the paper and turn it around. Her eyes scanned the paper, but it quickly halted before it widens. "Why is my name written here?" she whispered, sound slightly surprised.

When I noticed some people were leaning in to read the paper. Quickly, I snatched it from her hands, not wanting other people to know. I knew I should've asked her to go somewhere privately with me. But, the guys behind me wouldn't allow it. This is what Harper would call peer pressure.

"You tell me." When that sentence left my strain through I felt like it was the wrong thing to say. I stood up, wanting to escape, but that would also feel wrong. Now, that I'm standing, I can feel my legs shaking so instead I lean down on the table. "What did you do?" I re-phrase the initial line, but it also felt wrong.

Dad said I inherited the "Always saying the wrong thing at the wrong time" from him.

"I didn't do anything."

I knew it. She had nothing to do with the marriage contract. Is it possible that she had no choice? If she didn't know. Does that mean, I broke the bad news in front of everyone?

I have to say something. Anything to reassure her that we won't get married if she is forced into it.

I lean in closer, so everyone else wouldn't hear, "I will never marry you."

I stood up straighter, seeing her staring at me. She must be relieved by my words of comfort.

My eyes narrowed, seeing a small spot of stain on Vivian's color. I want to reach out and rub it off, but I didn't want to repulse her any further. I walked away with the thought of the stain etched inside my mind.

"Don't think you're all that great!" Vivian screamed.

I knew it. It's confirmed. She hates me.

I stopped walking and turned around. I smiled, silently telling her that I understood her emotions toward me.

At that moment, I made a resolution. I won't bother Vivian any further. Perhaps, one day, she will not be disgusted by me.

The days passed, and my mom was eager about the engagement. I officially met Vivian and her parents. Everyone seemed so excited, even my father. I didn't have the heart to tell them to break the marriage.

So, instead, I...well Finn came up with a different plan.

"One year. Marry her for a year to please eomma and appa. Then, divorce!" Finn suggested.

"D-Divorce?"

He nodded, "I read it in books all the time!"

I tilted my head. Are we basing my life on a book? "Didn't mom forbid you to read those books?"

Mom isn't against Finn reading romance novels, but he supposedly read things that aren't appropriate for his age. She also stated it became an unhealthy obsession, where he would camp in his room for days until he finishes the novel.

Finn's face fell flat before he smiled. He waves a hand around. "Forget me for now. Hyung, you should marry her! In the books, couples fell in love after they get married. Maybe you will learn to love Vivian!"

"And Vivian will like me," I mumbled.

"Yes!"

One year.

I'll marry Vivian for one year and see how things work out. If it isn't going well, then I'll step back. We'll divorce because of my inability to be a proper husband then Vivian can be happy again. I just want her to smile...even if it's not towards me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318 1 26
This story is a continuation of You again. Zoe and Liam are still together and they get engaged and get married.What will happen to Zoe? will she die...
2.3M 76.8K 52
*You do not have to read the first two books in order to understand this one* I believe true love happens only once in your life. And I'm talking...
30.3K 1.5K 41
Lucian Night, had only known Love once in his life. For him his love is Rose Olyphant. The wife of his brother, and sadly only woman he cannot get. A...
46K 627 9
Viren was the only son of the biggest industrialist Rai Bahadur. He is the CEO of the company. He was a ruthless businessman for the outer world but...