The Cured

By GirLegend99

Sequel to The Infected. They thought life would change to better after the annihilation and chaos, since they... More

The Cured
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter 7

5.4K 220 115
By GirLegend99

~•~ Chapter 7 ~•~

Next day we were called to meet at the main tower, where we would be informed about our new weaponry and zone details. It's a very different raid from the rest and we had to be prepared for everything. I am very anxious about what we will confront once we step our foot in that zone, but I can't coward out. I have to be brave, like I always have been, not only for me, but for my team as well, Harry mostly.

"After the meeting, we're going for practice." Harry told me as we entered the Jeep. I nodded and shut the door.

We got Niall, Thomas and Ashton, as their house was on our way. They all looked much calmer and better than the last time we were heading to the main tower for the meeting. I believe It has sank into our brains already that we are going far away from home, from security, to something unknown, something dangerous. Despite that, they didn't talk much either. I really don't know why this happens when we have to go to an important event. We all grow silent in the car, as if we are having Leo talking to us in that moment.

"So...what do you think we'll have?" I asked, breaking the stupid silence in the car. Harry chuckled, obviously aware of my frustration over the silence.

"I have no idea, to be honest, I just wish it's something cool," Ashton replied first, his Australian accent clear.

"And light." Niall added coolly, arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm actually excited to see what Leo has ready for us. I bet it will be extraordinary." Thomas said.

"I just hope they are easy to understand," I admitted.

"They will be." Niall said smugly, smirking.

I huffed, "Of course they will be for you, you're the master of guns." I rolled my eyes.

"Too bad for you," He joked, making us lightly laugh.

Well, this is much better than silence.

Once we arrived, we all hoped out of the Jeep and met with the others. Zayn and Louis were messing with each other like kids, laughing and pushing, while Liam stood behind serious, looking at them like he is their dad. I couldn't help but laugh at Liam's face. Thomas and Niall talked along with Ashton while Harry and I approached Liam.

"Can't handle them anymore?" Harry chuckled, giving Liam a fist bump.

"Never could, actually." Liam pursed his lips, shaking his head. "They are full of life and joy, who am I to tell them not to enjoy life?"

"You're right." I nodded, Liam smiling softly at me.

"You may enter the office." A blond green eyed soldier told us, face serious. I remember this guy, he helped us back in the hideout.

"Thanks, Luke." Harry patted Luke's shoulder as he walked by and we all followed him pursuit.

We were led to a massive crowded office, with many computers and projectors, soldiers and people behind the screens wearing headphones and micros. A large plasma TV was hanging on the wall and two comfortable brown couches were in front of it. A round tall white table was in between, where a notebook and a pen were resting on. This must be the control room where they check out everything and iinform every base.

“Well hello to our heroes,” Leo walked in, a bright smile across his face. We all waved and greeted him, “Take a seat please, this will take a while.”

I sat between Harry and Zayn, Ashton next to Zayn, while on the other couch Louis, Liam and Thomas sat by. Anxiousness already creeped up in the pit of my stomach and I tried to control myself from asking too many questions. I was really eager to know more.

“I am in the great position to show you guys our new weapons, designed and formed in Brooklyn,” he started off, the large TV from behind him turning on. He stood behind the tall white table and flipped through the pages of his notebook. “I helped with the design as well, because I made my research on your choices and the previous army groups’ choices in guns.”

“What do you have for us, boss?” Louis asked, lazily leaning back in the couch.

“Many great things.” Leo grinned. I had to see him that happy since the day we were escorted to the airport and that was a long time ago.

“Alright, I designed different kind of guns for each one of you,” he said, the screen begind him turning into a deep blue color with white thin straps moving slowly across.

“Great,” Niall said, kinda flatly kinda excitedly. I suppose he didn't want to seem too eager.

“My priority is your safety. I know  each gun the previous army groups picked and I believe they weren't that strong and secure as they had to be. If you get to find any of them out there, ask them though.” he joked lightly,  Ashton and Thomas laughing.

“All of your guns have microchips. We need to know your location, although the signal always gets lost at some point for good." Leo frowned before turning to look at the screen behind him. “Okay, let's start with Niall,” he said and a large skeleton of a gun appeared in the screen in a 3D form.

“The master of guns, please.” Niall said proudly, making us all laugh.

“The queen of bullets.” Louis mocked, making us laugh even harder. Niall flicked him off, earning a toothy grin from Louis.

Leo chuckled and shook his head in amusement. “Alright, your gun is the most complexed one, because I know you are the master like you said,” Niall’s smirk grew much wider. “Alright, you will have over 700 bullets, two exchanges of 350 and a helping tool that I designed,” the screen zoomed in on the heart of the gun, in the middle, where a bright red light came through. “This is electricity at it's most highest level.” he pointed at the mark. “It loads around each bullet that are all plugged, so you don't only shoot, but you can also taser your target.” He explained, making my eyes widen.

“Oh wow,” I breathed, stunned.

“Keep Niall away from me the whole time, please.” Louis said, making us all laugh again.

Niall's blue eyes literally glowed with excitement. “What’s the pressure?”

“I made it light enough for you to carry with easy but strong enough for the force of the bullet to stun someone.” Leo replied coolly while a soldier walked in, carrying the new gun in his hands.

We all stared at the gun as if it's the greatest thing we've seen in the world, which actually , partly, was. Niall stood up, receiving his gun from the soldier with curious and happy eyes. “Wow, the structure is amazing.” Niall commented on awe, moving it in his hands.

“All guns have flashlights at the top of course.” Leo said, resting his hands on his hips. “You will all have 3 of these guns. God knows how long it will take you to come back.” sadness could be heard in his voice as he said that.

“Plus, you have hangers, range is over 5 meters, so if you ever need to climb up or hang from somewhere, you got them.” Leo added moving his hands.

“I haven't seen a better gun in my life.” Niall said as he sat back down next to me. I seriously couldn't take my eyes off of from the weapon. The metallic black colour looked amazing along with the light blue liquid in the case right above the marks N.H. It looked so professional.

“He just got dangerous.” Thomas said, leaning forward to look at the gun Niall held.

“I always were.” Niall huffed.

“Thomas, Ashton, yours is much more simple,” Leo said, the screen behind him showing another gun, smaller than Niall's. “Yours is designed for distracrion, a great weapon to trick your target or help your allies. This gun obviously fires bullets, but, with each fire, by pressing the red button,” he pointed at the button at the skeleton on the screen, “Will release a green pepper smoke, blinding your target and covering you up. Even if you shoot next to the target, the smoke will catch up.”

Thomas and Ashton exchanged amused looks. “This sounds fun.” Ashton cackled.

“Pepper smoke in our faces, how fun.” Louis muttered sarcastically.

“You will all wear specified masks don't worry.”  Leo assured.

“Good, because these lads suck at aiming.” Louis teased, a round of laughter erupting from all of us. I love when Louis make jokes like that, even in serious circumstances.

“Says you?” Liam shot, giving Louis a weird look.

“Don't try me Payno, your balls will hurt.” Louis warned with a smug smirk.

I couldn't help the laugh that came out of my mouth and I noticed Harry staring at me intently with a soft grin on his face.

“Okay guys but we need to be a little bit more serious, these ain't toys,”  Leo said casually. He was amused as well, but he brought us here for an important reason. Two soldiers came in, carrying the boys’ weapons. “You have the same amount of bullets as Niall. You all do actually,”

“Thanks Leo,” Ashton said as they were handed their guns. Both Ashton and Thomas looked like kids getting a brand new toy. I can tell they tried to contain their excitement and not shoot anyone in the moment just to test the gun.

“Up next, the heavier guns than the rest,” Leo continued, the skeleton on the screen turning to a gun that actually kind of looked like a bazooka.

“What the hell did you make?” Zayn gaped.

“A wonderful death shooter.” Leo replied proudly, looking at Zayn with a smirk. “This is for Harry and Liam. Due to your body muscles and height, you will find these very helpful than the rest of you.”

“Are you calling us skinny and short Leo?” Louis narrowed his eyes, hands clasped behind his head.

“Bro, you are the shortest in the group, you can't blame him.” Niall stated, leaning forward to look at him.

Louis scoffed, “Claire is shorter than me and despite my height I am much better than you all!” He said, annoyed.

“I can't hear your yells from down there, Louis.” Harry mocked gruffly, staring ahead at the screen, having us all gasping and laughing right after.

Louis tried to fight the grin off his face. “You traitor.”

Harry’s lips twitched but he kept his serious posture. Leo shook his head in amusement, “This cheeeful mood stays during raids?” he asked, curious, hands in his pockets. His white button down shirt suit his muscular body well.

“Not even close.” I chuckled, shaking my head. “Only Zayn and Louis are acting all crazy during raids, the rest of us are pretty much serious.” I admitted, looking shyly over at Louis who laughed.

“A little fun never killed nobody.” he shrugged innocently.

“Alright, back to the guns yeah?” Leo said, clasping his hands.

“Yeah, go on.” Zayn nodded.

“When you fire, you literally shoot fire. Your bullets are electromagnetic, so when you pull that trigger, you load them and create strong source of fire.” Leo clarified, the screen behind him showing the bullets’ plugging procedure and structure.

“Oh shit, like what Iron Man has on his suit.” Niall blurted, eyes wide.

Leo chuckled and nodded, “Exactly.”

“Who's dangerous now boys?” Harry looked over at us with his brows raised.

“You don't count.” Louis moved his hand dismissively.

“And for the reason this gun was inspired by Iron Man - like Niall said -  we gave it a bit of color.” Leo pointed at the guns the soldiers brought in.

I have to say, these guns looked deathly. They obviously weren't as large as a bazooka, but they looked a lot alike. The metallic red color shined brightly under the lights in the room. Harry’s muscles flexed once he took the gun in his hands and I could tell it was slightly heavy. My eyes scanned the weapon and I was growing impatient. I wanted to see mine.

“I want to try it.” Liam said, trailing his fingers down the metal of the gun.

“You all will after I'm done.” Leo  promised, hyping me up even more.

____________________

A/N: trying to bring you to the mood of preparation for the best raid you've ever read. Trust me, I have so many stuff coming that will leave you with your jaw hanging. Love you xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 477 40
Four is an international pop star and Tris is an average senior at school. Four trys to run away from the paparazzi. Tris discovers something amazing...
11.6K 541 51
Since childhood you've been told to hate a particular family but as you move away for a while and grow up, you forget all those stories they whispere...
21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...
19.5K 191 36
"Jeremy was once a successful man with a promising career, a lovely girlfriend, friends galore, and everything that he could ever desire in the world...