The Cured

נכתב על ידי GirLegend99

Sequel to The Infected. They thought life would change to better after the annihilation and chaos, since they... עוד

The Cured
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter 6

5.4K 222 61
נכתב על ידי GirLegend99

~•~ Chapter 6 ~•~

We have been very calm and quiet after our outburst. Harry tried not to bring up the subject but I could see it in his eyes how badly he wanted me to agree with him. Unforunately, it won't happen for any reason.

I lied down in bed for a few minutes before eventually having a two hour nap. When I woke up, Harry was lying beside me, asleep. His long hair almost touched his shoulders now and they were a beautiful mess of curls, covering his eyes. Full plump lips slightly parted. He was shirtless and I noticed the goosebumps all over his skin as the chilly air hit his bare skin.

I shivered aswell, my eyes moving to the window where I saw grey clouds gathered in the sky, the trees and flowers moving around by the strong wind. The weather is changing faster than we expected, I suppose.

I grabbed the blanket that was tucked between my legs to wrap it around him. I don't understand how I even got the whole blanket to myself. Once he was covered and warm, I placed a soft kiss on his head and brushed his hair away from his forehead. He looked so gorgeous as well.

I got off the bed and closed the window, a strong whoosh of air crash in against my face as I shut it. I looked outside, there was no one at the beach, the sky was dark and the beach looked more violent. I hate this weather, seriously.

A beep dragged me over to the nightstand to grabbed my phone. We were given these only to interact because obviously there was no internet connection in this island. I had a text from Niall saying practise is cancelled for the night due to the weather conditions. Just as I replied to him ok, a loud thunder echoed in the sky, making me jump.

“Is it raining?” Harry mumbled sheepishly, his voice raspy as he rolled his head to the side to look at me through his hair.

“Yes,” I climbed on the bed beside him, quickly snuggling beside him. “Did I wake you up?” I questioned as hs arm snaked around my waist.

“No babe,” he murmured, pulling me close to him. My back was now pressed against his chest, both of us under the blanket.

“Practise is canceled.”

“Mhmm.”

“So, what do you wanna do for the rest of the day?”

“Sleep.”

“I like it.”

He chuckled lightly and kissed my shoulder softly. I smiled at the loving gesture in his arms. It felt so good being in good terms again. Although I was still slightly mad at him, I knew he had given up the idea of persuading me to stay.

“You’re okay?” he asked nicely.

“I am,” I confirmed.

“M’glad.”

“Are you?”

“Only if you are.”

I instantly swung around amd placed a kiss on his cheek, lingering there for a few seconds. “You can be so sweet when you’re not trying to make me listen to you.” I joked, earning a soft grin from him.

“You can be so hot when you’re angry.” he flirted, making me laugh. “Seriously, you make me wanna slam you against a wall and take you right there.”

My cheeks flushed at his words and I have to say I was actually flattered. “Only that when I'm angry I don't want you to touch me.” I cocked a sarcastic brow.

“We both know that's a lie.” his fucking accent was so charming.

“Maybe.” I lightly shrugged in his grip. His smile lit up his whole face and that is something I rarely got to see in front of the boys. “I have a feeling you act so different around me.”

“Why is that?” he frowned lightly. The scars on his skin literally did little to erase his beauty.

“Because you smile a lot more when it's just the two of us.” I replied honestly, cupping the side of his neck with my hand.

“That is because you make me forget about the bad in this world.”

“How?”

“Just being you. You make everything look so much better. You make me feel so happy, I can't even think of the bad things.” He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, sending warmth through me.

Moments like this are so precious to me. I don't ever want to part away from this man in my life. He is everything I have loved with my whole being and I can't handle the pain of him disappearing from my side.

“I really wish I had saved you much sooner.” he chuckled, green eyes honest.

“Me too,”

Things could have gone so differently if Harry had found me earlier though. But only God knows how it could go.

“Babe, can I ask you something?” I looked at him with a small frown.

“Of course.”

“Do you think the other army groups are dead?”

“And I thought you were going to ask what I want to eat later.”

“Answer me!” I laughed, his smile growing wider.

“I really don't know. I can't say anything because I have no idea what it could possibly be in that zone. But I hope they are trapped instead of dead.” He sighed at the end.

“I think so too,” I agreed.

My phone started buzzing, making me groan. “Ignore it.” Harry murmured.

“Maybe it's important.” I argued.

He rolled his eyes before letting go of me and getting off the bed. He geabbed my phone and looked at the screen, “It’s Thomas.” he glanced at me.

“Well answer him.” I cocked a brow.

He brought my phone to his ear, “What’s up?” he asked seriously, too seriously actually and I know for a fact Thomas is going to be slightly frightened.

His brows pulled low in confusion before his eyes widened in shock. “What the hell?” he growled, making me sit up. “She did not.” he turned his back on me as he started packing in the room.

“What’s going on?” I asked, worried.

Harry looked outside the window, back stiff. “Where is she now? Good. I'll take care of it.” he then turned to look at me. “Yeah, I will.” he then hung up before tossing the phone on the bed next to me.

“What is it?”

“Erica called Leo from Thomas’ phone to meet at his office - asking for a favor. She asked for Leo to let her come with us on the raid.” he replied, making me gasp in surprise.

“Oh my God - no,” I face palmed myself. I can't believe she went there. Leo must have gone mad.

“Thank God Leo said no, but she has been crying on the phone on her way back to the house and Thomas went to find her.” he rambled on as he searched through his closet. “I have no idea what Leo will think of me now - as a leader I shouldn't have let anyone do that - that's such a bad image for me and my team!” he claimed angrily.

“Babe calm down, I don't think Leo would think any less of you or the rest of us.” I assured.

“Why wouldn't he?” he slid his black sweater on.

“Because we literally saved everyone. He can't say anything bad about us.”

“Fair point.” he raised his brows. “I’ll have to go talk to Leo about this in person. I don't want anyone to ruin the plan or get involved. Thomas asked if you could go over to theirs and talk to Erika some sense.”

“Yes, I will.” I really don't think she will grow some sense if the boys keep talking to her. I believe she needs some girl talk to feel better and more comfortable.

“Good, get dressed warm, it's pouring rain outside.” he said as he picked out his jacket.

After we both got dressed up we left the house. The  rain was heavy and the wind was strong. It worried me how fast the climate has changed. If we don't get the cure back soon, many people will have to die. Harry dropped me off before driving away. I walked up to the front porch of the house, my wet umbrella shaking in my hands, soaking my sneakers.

Thomas almost immediately opened the front door, brown eyes worried and thankful. “Thank you so much, Claire, you have no idea how long it took me to calm her down.” he pulled me in for a hug as I stepped inside.

“It’s nothing really, but we have to make her calm down because I don't know what else she can do.” I said as I hugged him back.

I left the umbrella in the case before stepping out of my shoes. Thomas gave me a pair of fuzzy slippers to wear before I went upstairs to their room.

“Just take it easy,” Thomas cooed.

When I walked in, Erika was sitting on the bed,wrapped in a pink blanket with a red cup of warm tea in her hands, long brown hair free.

“Hi,” I greeted, her smiling softly up at me. “Hey,” she murmured.

“Do you want some tea Claire?” Thomas asked by the doorway, holsing on the doorknob.

“Yeah,” I nodded, smiling.

“Okay, be right back.” He closed the door.

“I don't need any more lecture please, ” Erika rolled her puffy eyes at me.

“You are in your own world aren't you?” I looked at her sternly.

“You would have done the same.” she shot before taking a sip of her tea.

“I would, indeed.” I gave her that. “But it's not easy for us either. If you really love Thomas, you have to support him and inspire him to be greater. Not pull him down with you.” I took a seat on the bed.

“You're all gonna die.” her cold eyes sent shivers down my spine.

“We might. But that's what we have to do. So many others can live.”

“I'm gonna die if anything happens to him..” she sniffled and I know she waa trying so hard not to cry right now.

“Nothing is gonna happen to him. Jesus Erika we have been through such terrible situations - this raid ain't different.” I tried to reason with her.

“You have to go on a raid for months. It won't be the same.”

Shit, how does she know so much for the army group situations? Thomas must have told her too much.

“But we trust each other. And we will protect each other no matter what. But you have to stop being like this. You're not helping Thomas at all.”

“If you were in my position-,“

“I have been, Erika. Before I was an official member, I had to stay in the hideout while they all went out on a raid. And Kate was alive back then. Do you know how hard it was for me to stay back and wait? It killed me. But I knew they would eventually come back. Kate came back that die, but died another.” I actually couldn't hold the words from coming out of my mouth, or the tears threatening to form in my eyes.

She looked at me sympathetically, sad puffy eyes glowing, red nose and cheeks. “Indeed.” she murmured.

“You have been doing waiting for us to come back from raids too many times back in the hideout. Grow that pair again and stop holding Thomas back.” I snapped softly, trying not to be hard on her like Thomas said.

She nodded, “You're right. I just can't deal with the pain like you guys..” she admitted, wiping a tear from her cheek.

“Everything is going to be alright. We'll all come back to you.” I promise although doubts ate me alive from inside.

“Thank you.” she cried with a small smile on her lips.

Thomas walked in right then, looking between us worriedly, my cup of tea in his hands. “Everything alright?” he asked.

I looked at Erika with a cocked brow.

“Everything is fine, babe.” she smiled at him, having my heart smile too.

Thomas handed me my cup, looking at me with happy eyes. “That took much less than I expected.” he chuckled before Erika pulled him in for a hug, him protectively holding her close.

“We’re gonna be alright.” I murmured, looking outside the window in hope.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

24.2K 418 13
When Chu Qianxun was reborn and returned to the beginning of the apocalypse, she vowed to live a better life, live longer, and stay away from those d...
18.9K 559 157
Author: Xue Xiuhu Eight years after the end of the world, Wenzhu struggled to survive, and once he crossed over, but he reached a new end. The good n...
892 314 5
I'm only one call away I'll be there to save the day Superman got nothing on me I'm only one call away Call me, baby, if you need a friend I just wan...
41.2K 477 40
Four is an international pop star and Tris is an average senior at school. Four trys to run away from the paparazzi. Tris discovers something amazing...