With Every Step We Take

By Franny645

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 29

94 4 5
By Franny645

"Good Morning Christen." A sophomore greeted me.

I turn to her and smile. "Good Morning Chelsea."

As I walk down the hall, I'm greeted with more greetings like the one Chelsea gave me. It still amazes me how people's attitude towards me completely changed. They went from being super mean to super friendly in the blink of an eye.

I open my locker and pack my books. "Hi." Grant says leaning on the locker next to mine.

I smile at him. "Hi."

I really don't know why we're doing this we just saw each other. Grant is now taking me to school again. I'm really happy about that, but I miss Justin, he is hilarious.

"You need to pack your bags quicker than that if you don't want to be late to Chemistry." Grant says. I look at the clock in the hallway, I only have 5 minutes to get there.

"I hate Chemistry anyways, Let's skip!" I say, really considering the idea.

Grant stares at me with a serious expression on his face. "I'll gladly skip, but you won't be joining me." I start to get excited until the last part of his sentence registers.

I scoff. "And why is it ok for you to skip and not me?"

He smirks. "Because, my teacher is used to it. Your teacher might go into cardiac arrest from the shock." He's just being dramatic. He won't go into Cardiac arrest, maybe just a mild heart attack.

An idea pops into my head. I start to twirl my hair around my finger, widen my eyes, and stick out my lower lip until it forms the perfect pout. "Please Sweet Cheeks."

Grant's expression softens. Bingo!

He leans down to whisper in my ear. "I will personally pay for you to get some acting lessons, because that was just sad. The answer is still No." He finishes, before leaning away.

I huff, so much for trying to manipulate him.

"You can't stop me from skipping." I say indignantly.

"No, but I won't accompany you." He retorts.

"Fine. You win." I give up, it's no fun skipping class alone. Plus, I really don't want to shock my teachers to death.

'You know better.' ABBA says in my head.

'I'm Sorry GOD, I won't try to skip again.'

He smiles, and I can't help but smile too.

It's weird, but it is great to be reprimanded by GOD. It's so much love behind it. He just wants you to be the best you, you can be.

'Tell Grant I want him to go to class too.' ABBA says.

"Grant, GOD says he wants you to go to class." I say smugly.

"Ok." He says easily.

I love how he doesn't question my ability to speak to GOD. It's kind of far fetched from what most Christians believe they can do, so it makes me happy he believes me.

Grant walks me to my first period, chemistry, and then he walks to his.

As soon as I walk in the door, the bell rings.

I hurry over to my seat. When I sit down, I see Mandy smirking at me from the other side of the room.

I roll my eyes, and start copying the notes on the board.

Later at lunch time, I pluck my grapes at Marcus. Don't worry, I have my reasons.

A few minutes ago, Marcus said 'Girls shouldn't get funding for sports, because no one takes them seriously anyway.'

I don't even play sports, but all the girls at the table and I were highly offended. Needless to say, that's why I'm throwing grapes at him.

Hey, at least I'm not throwing Fig Newtons like Courtney is.

"Oww my eye!" Marcus yelps.

"That's what you get you sexist!" Mandy says as she throws her orange. It bounces right off of Marcus' head.

"Babe chill, you're going to give my friend a concussion." Justin tells Mandy.

"Did you just tell me to chill?" Mandy asks outraged. She picks up pineapple tidbits out of her fruit cup, and starts throwing them at Justin one by one.

This soon becomes a full fledged food fight.

Food stars flying from all corners of the table. I notice Tim and Grant laughing their butts off, on the other side of the table. Hmmm they look awfully food free. I pick up my Rice Krispy Treat, and rip it up. I start chucking the pieces at Grant and Tim.

They unsuccessfully try to shield themselves.

This continues for a good five minutes.

Mrs. Pearson the lunch lady walks over to our table. "Would you all stop throwing your food, and just eat it. Clean up this mess!"

When she storms away, we all snicker and start to clean up. Lucky for us we didn't throw anything too messy, so we just picked up everything and put it on the tray.

"That was so immature guys." I say jokingly.

"Christen you were the one who started it." Cory says. He had his arm around Grace. I remember how it was revealed yesterday that he drives her crazy, and hold in my grin.

"Actually it was Marcus, he should have never made that comment." I state.

Marcus sighs. "I'm sorry, that comment was insensitive. I would have never said that if I knew you guys would go all wacko on me."

"Well, that's what happens when you disrespect girls." Courtney says crossing her arms.

"Let me make it up to you, to you all actually." Marcus says grinning at us.

"How?" Justin asks skeptically, brushing cookie bits out of his hair.

"By taking you people to the party of the year."

"What party?" Tim asks.

"My cousin's best friend is having this amazing party at the lake on Friday. Tons of people are going to be there, and it's going to be awesome! He invited me, and I'm inviting you guys." Marcus says cockily, knowing he is now completely forgiven.

Everyone chatters excitedly about this party. I feel really excited. I have to find something really cute to wear.

I suddenly feel a strong feeling in my spirit that I shouldn't go to this party.

'GOD do you not want me to go?' I ask.

'Trust your feelings, what do they tell you.'

'Not to go.'

'Then you shouldn't go sweetie.' GOD says.

I sigh, well this kind of stinks. Oh well, if GOD is telling me not to go, then I'm not going. He would never ask me to do something without a great reason.

I keep talking to my friends about the party, eventually I'll tell them my decision not to go.

When I got home I picked the mail out of the door slot. As I sort through it, I see there is an envelope addressed to me. I notice it doesn't have a return address, I wonder who this could be from.

I tear open the envelope. Inside is a folded card. It was very pretty.

I open up to card, shocked to see the message inside was nothing like the decorative cover.

It read

Dearest Christen, It would be in your best interest to stay away from Grant. You thought your experiences were bad before, but you haven't seen anything yet.

I knew this wasn't over. It's sad Samantha still felt the need to threaten me from jail.

It's funny though, because she didn't sign the card -S, like the last threatening note she sent me.

She probably just figured I would know it came from her.

I roll my eyes, This is the definition of pathetic. I think walking to my room.

I plop on my bed, and stare at the ceiling.

A rustling noise comes from my closet. What is that? I take off my shoe, and hold it up as my weapon.

I throw open the door. Oh it's just Helen. Wait, HELEN!

"What are you doing in my closet?" I demand.

"Playing Narnia."

What is her obsession with that movie?

I see her patting her chest, and my eyes zero in confusion. "Why do you have on my bra?"

"To support my excelling chest growth." She replies easily, continuing to pat her chest.

"You're six! You have no excelling chest growth. Now give me back my bra." I say snatching it off of her.

She pouts, and runs out of my room yelling "Mommy, Christen took my bra!"

"Ok Honey, we'll get you a new one." My mom says to pacify her.

I shake my head, and close my door.

I was about to drift asleep, when I hear my mother calling me.

"Hi Mom, how are you?" I ask her, standing in the doorway to her bedroom.

"I'm ok, I was just wondering why I didn't see you when you came in."

I face palm, I completely forgot to say hi to my mom. That's unlike me.

"Sorry mom, I had something on my mind, and I still have to get used to the fact you come home earlier now." I say, hoping I didn't hurt her feelings.

"It's ok honey, tell me about your day."

"My classes were boring, we had a food fight at lunch, Marcus invited us to a party, and then I got this." I say handing my mom, the card.

My mom scans over the card, and her face turns angry. "Don't tell me Samantha is bothering you again. She has no idea who's child she's messing with."

"It seems like it. I don't know what her problem is." I say sitting on the bed.

"I want to know how she got such a nice card in jail." My moms wonders aloud.

Until my mom said that, I didn't realize how weird that was. The card was very pretty, and I'm pretty sure they don't have those available in jail.

"Knowing Samantha she probably stashed some in her pants so she could write me these lovely notes." I say sarcastically.

My mom laughs. "You're probably right. I'm about to go to the grocery store, do you want something?"

"Cream of Wheat please."

My mom chuckles. "Alright, go lay down, you look tired. I should warn you though."

"About what?"

"Your Dad wants to have a talk with you when you come home."

"About what?" I ask slightly worried. What could my Dad possibly want to talk to me about, that he planned it in advance?

"You'll see." My mom says, attempting to hold back laughter. Well at least someone finds this funny.

I stomp back to my room, and lay on my bed. I try not to think of the pending conversation with my Dad.

'GOD I love you.' I say randomly.

'I love you too, more than you could ever know.' ABBA replies, and I sigh happily.

I fall asleep, in GOD's presence.

After dinner, before I could sneak upstairs my Dad gestures for me to follow him outside.

Shoot! I thought I could escape him. What does he want to talk to me about anyway?

"Hi Daddy." I say quietly.

"Hi sweetheart, how was your day?"

"Good, and yours?"

"Good. Your mother told me about the card from Samantha." My Dad says.

"Oh. What do you think?" I was going to tell him myself, but I was kind of avoiding him.

"Well, I think you and Grant go through a lot to be together."

I chuckle. "That's what people do when they love each other Dad, I'm sure you would do the same for Mom."

"You're right, and that's part of the reason I want to talk to you."

I gulp uneasily, I had a slight feeling Grant would be the topic of this conversation.

"You informed us that Grant said the three letter words on Saturday, and a lot of times that means taking the next step in the relationship."

"Dad please for the love of string cheese, don't finish this conversation."

"I know it's awkward honey, but you need to know this. Where was I...Ah yes! You should wait for marriage, to take that next step. I know Grant didn't, but you should let him know you are going to."

I pretty sure, my face is as red as a beat right now. I do not want to discuss this with my Dad, or anyone for that matter.

"Dad I definitely plan to wait for marriage, it's more special that way. Also even if I didn't want to wait, Grant wouldn't take that next step with me anyway. Samantha has scarred him for life."

My Dad shakes his head. "Poor guy. Anyway I'm glad to hear you guys are making good choices. You make me a proud father."

I smile. "You make me a proud daughter."

My Dad chuckles. "You can stop twitching, the conversation dreaded by many has come to an end."

I sigh in relief. "Thank goodness." That was slightly less painful then I expected.

"You want to go get some ice cream?" My Dad asks.

I smile. "Just you and me?"

"Of course, I know you're not crazy enough to think I'm lugging your 12 brothers and sisters along too. We'll bring them back something."

"Sounds like a plan." I say, and skip to the car.

It was nice to spend some time with my Dad by myself. It was so rare, because of his work schedule, and my 12 brothers and sisters.

'Thank you GOD for this time.'

~~~

Hi everyone! I hope you liked this chapter, please comment and vote. GOD Bless :D

Another update later, It's the big 30!😱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1K 41
" I've slept in his bed more times than I can count since I was probably 5, so why all of sudden do I feel nervous to be this close to him?" I shift...
12K 1.1K 23
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...
363K 15.1K 29
I look up at Todd's window and grimace when I see him gently pushing Jennifer into his room. So that's where he went. My stomach clenches painfully a...
39 0 18
"Thank you for today. I'll miss this so much." I look around for the last time. "I like you" As a fan I feel ecstatic, my breath hitched. I want to s...