Insomnia [Shota Aizawa x Read...

By Pixelpad

[Y/N] hardly sleeps, has a special, unique quirk, and is a villain. How does she compare to Shota Aizawa, who... More

The Rewrite + A/N (Please read)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
A/N
Extra (One Shot)
Important
The Sequel

Chapter 18

30.3K 861 1.1K
By Pixelpad

---Reader's POV---

I sat silently in the cell. I didn't bother to fight, since I knew I was weak. It was 4 against 1, something I couldn't beat. I had to wait for help to arrive. They had taken my phone and had my ankle chained to a bed post. I didn't lay on the bed, however, for fear of falling asleep. My sleeping schedule had changed since I slept with Shota.

That sounded wrong.

Since I slept at Shota's.

I felt tired, even after sleeping for about 5 hours. It was the longest time I've slept, but it messed with my internal sleeping schedule in my body. I told myself to stay awake, but I was tired.

The villains had chained my ankle to the bed post so I couldn't go far out. I couldn't do jumping jacks to get my heart racing. There weren't any books to read, nor a TV.

So I decided to start a conversation with the only person standing outside my cell.

"Hey, Meleoron."

The chameleon-man has his back leaning against the wall. He turned when he heard his name, his large eyes staring into me. "Hm?"

"How you doin'?"

"Bored. Guarding someone who might as well be quirkless is the worst job I've ever taken."

I frowned, then went silent. Might as well be quirkless.

Meleoron seemed to fidget with something in his hands, then hid it. He sat down to look at me, then sighed. "Sorry, that was rude. You're not quirkless. It's actually quite useful, your quirk. I wasn't able to get you through Miki's portal because his portal quirk doesn't affect you."

"Oh. Thanks." If they were good guys, and they were trying to rescue me, it would cause problems. I'm such a hassle.

"So why'd you decide to join the villains?"

I looked up at him through the bars. "Because Tomura helped me. He taught me that even villains can have a heart when heroes don't. Why did you?"

"Well, I supported Stain's idea that selfish and false heroes don't deserve to be heroes. But I really believe that heroes who only do what they do for fame and money are the 'false heroes'. Plus, there's some personal reasons I'd rather not talk about."

"That's the same thing I believe. The world practically runs on money, and people wanting attention," I said. "What was the reason you wanted me?"

"To use at bait for Eraserhead. Aiko said you wouldn't want us to kill him, so we took you by force." He smirked. "You like him, don't you?"

I felt my face turn red. "N-no idea what you're talking about."

He laughed. "Well, even so, don't worry. We're not gonna kill him. We're only after the big man, the 'Symbol of Peace' guy."

"Like Tomura. He thinks that All Might is the central figure in society and wouldn't let others use their quirks as they please." I said. "But All Might's really not evil. He's genuinely trying to help people, being a hero. But what I really hate are the villains who don't care for anything or anyone but themselves and what they get as a result of being a hero. They're not heroes for thinking that."

"That's not what some of us villains think."

I sighed. "I don't get it. It's always the main, most popular character that gets targeted. Sometimes I just wonder if all of us are just in a story and there's only one 'main character' and we're just the 'side-characters' of the story."

"Interesting concept," Meleoron mused. "Anyways, though, if you weren't helping villains with spying and all, I think you'd make an excellent hero."

I thought about this. My quirk was both a positive and negative for enemies and allies alike. "I don't know. I always just think I cause problems if I don't have a useful quirk for fighting."

Meleoron shook his head. "Don't think that."

"If you weren't a villain, you'd make an amazing stealth hero. I still don't get your motivations, but I hope you could change."

"I've killed before. I've stolen before. I'm a murderer, theif, liar. You're not."

It was silent for a while. "Thanks, Mel," I said.

"For what?"

"Helping me, praising my quirk. I really appreciate it. Not many people do that now. All they praise is themselves."

"...Yeah," he agreed. He stood up, walking away slowly. "I've gotta go. Cya."

I waved, then frowned. I was getting really tired now. I wish I had water or coffee.

---Meleoron's POV---
I walked into the living room, regretting what I did. A voice recorder was in my pocket. I was supposed to get [L/N] to admit a secret or something, but after talking to her for a few minutes, I didn't want to. She was just so kind. She didn't deserve to be part of all this villainous stuff.

Aiko was probably hidden near the U. A. school somewhere. She had a list with the names of the students and teachers her quirk was currently affecting, and she continuously read them to keep the effects refreshed and ongoing.

Miki had went with her, to protect her since she was defenseless when using her quirk on the large group of people.

Katsumi was on the couch, making clones of rubber balls in his hands and juggling them one by one, making more at each toss. The balls disappeared when he saw me walk in. "Did you get anything useful?"

I shook my head, but gave him the voice recording and slowly walked out. I needed to change. I thought about what [L/N] had said about heroes.

I could be a hero.

---<>---><---<>---

A/N: Just for you people who get the Meleoron and Miki character references. Meleoron is basically the same, just villain-ized and ability tweaked a bit. His personality's also about the same. Miki (Knov) is also the same-ish but villain-ized.

Other people who don't know the references, go watch Hunter X Hunter xD

P. S.: Meleoron is cool 👍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 884 64
┍━━━━━━┑ πŽππ†πŽπˆππ† ┕━━━━━━┙ It's crazy how someone's greatest fears can be brought to life by their own minds when they're asleep. Dream...
84.1K 2K 52
A monster - that is what Amara Aizawa is. A monster that is forced to join class 1-A to learn to control her devastating quirks. Fire, Ice, Electrici...
279K 7.8K 30
In which Y/n L/n is the new UA guidance counselor. Straight away Aizawa is suspicious of her. He tries to get close to her to figure out what she's h...
189K 5.2K 46
Its exactly what the title says. In this however the Story lines not the same as the anime. The reader is immortal and is the first person to ever ha...