Pokémon USUM: Hero Born of Da...

By TheRisingFlame

Current Cover and Banners by @ImberLapis Zeno, a teen on the run from his past life, finds his way to Alola i... More

Disclaimer
Arc 1: Alolan Beginnings
Prologue: The Many Beginnings
Chapter 1: Alola to Alola
Chapter 2: The Starters
Chapter 3: The Trainer Battle
Chapter 4: The Mysterious Pokemon
Chapter 5: The Festival
Chapter 6: Enter Team Skull
Chapter 7: A Mysterious Encounter
Chapter 8: The First Trial
Chapter 9: Darkness of Past and Present
Chapter 10: Within the Hollow
Chapter 11: A Fighting Chance
Chapter 12: Beneath the Waves
Chapter 13: The Haunting (Improved Version)
Chapter 14: The Golden Son
Chapter 15: Battles Between Rivals
Chapter 16: A Rivaled Encounter
Chapter 17: Trial by Evolution
Chapter 18: The Prophecy
Chapter 19: The Volcano's Protector
Chapter 20: New Revelations
Chapter 21: The Trial and the Ball
Chapter 22: The Growing Shadows
Chapter 23: Dugtrio's Revenge
Chapter 24: Invasion of the Dittos
Chapter 25: A Rocky Finale
Chapter 26: The goddess Below
Chapter 27: The Dark Past of Alola
Chapter 28: Gang War in Konikoni
Chapter 29: Aether Paradise
Chapter 30: The Gym
Chapter 31: His Dark Past
Chapter 32: Call of the Darkness
Chapter 33: Shooting Stars
Author's Note, Midway Summary, and a little somethings at the end
Arc 2: The Prophecy Unfolds
Chapter 34: Beginning of a Bad Joke
Chapter 35: It's Ya Boy!
Chapter 36: Visions of the Future
Chapter 37: The Oasis
Chapter 38: The One He Loved
Chapter 39: The Ghostly Trial
Chapter 40: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 1: Kidnapped
Chapter 41: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 2: Battle of the Bosses
Chapter 42: A Test of Strength
Chapter 43: Storming Aether
Chapter 44: The Queen of Aether
Chapter 45: Feelings Shared
Chapter 46: Mahina
Chapter 47: Showdown with the Queen
Chapter 49: The Insanity of Cassandra
Chapter 50: Ark City
Chapter 51: The Rising Shadow
Chapter 52: Hero Born of Darkness
Chapter 53: Reign of the Ultra Beasts
Chapter 54: The Hero Reborn
Chapter 55: Fall of the Ultra Beasts
Chapter 56: Clash of the Deities
Chapter 57: A Period of Rest and Restoration
Arc 3: Alola's First Pokémon League
Chapter 58: The Final Grand Trial
Chapter 59: Traversing the Mountain
Chapter 60: Before the Battles
Chapter 61: Alola's Pokemon League Begins
Chapter 62: The Second Round
Chapter 63: The Third Round
Chapter 64: Round 4 Part 1: Alex vs. Robert
Chapter 65: Round 4 Part 2: Zeno vs. Kahili
Chapter 66: Quarter Finals Part 1: Zeno vs. Alex
Chapter 67: Quarter Finals Part 2: Hau vs. Hala
Chapter 68: Semifinals Part 1: Hau vs. Ryuki
Chapter 69: Semifinals Part 2: Zeno vs. Gladion
Chapter 70: The Finale: Zeno vs. Hau
Chapter 71: An Alolan Ending
Epilogue: The One Beginning

Chapter 48: Returning the Light

239 17 38
By TheRisingFlame

(Minutes earlier)

Lunala flew up to the top of the huge crystal tower. She could sense a presence from within, calling to her. A presence that hungered for power, hungered for the light that it once held.

"You came," a crystal-like voice rasped. "After all these centuries, you came. I have waited so long."

Lunala was confused. "You knew I would come?"

"The Prophecy foretold of my return," the voice answered. "Trapped here, stripped of my power, stripped from the light. I need you."

Lunala's body shook as she began to regain control. "I... need... can't... I..."

"If you won't give me your light," the voice warned. "I will take it myself!"

The top of the tower exploded into glittering fragments and a pair of gleaming, multi-colored hard eyes shone off them. Then the black crystal figure zoomed towards Lunala, large crystal hand outstretched. It clasped onto her head while the other hand grabbed her left wing. The two went spiraling to the ground below as Necrozma began absorbing the Moone Pokémon.

...

(Zeno's POV)

I watched as the black, crystal being began to absorb Lunala, a bright light emanating from their bodies. Then Lunala gave a cry as she shot a moonlit beam of energy into the crystal being's body, sending it flying away. Lunala flapped her wings and shot after it.

"What in the freakin name of Arceus was that!?" Guzma freaked out.

"Necrozma," said a voice behind us.

We turned around to find Phyco, Soliera, Dulse, and Zossie just as an Ultra Wormhole behind them closed. They gaped at the destruction around them, all the destroyed buildings.

"What happened?" Dulse asked, angry.

"Not the most pressing matter," I said before anyone could say anything about Lusamine and pointing towards the raging battle in the skies. "What's with this Necrozma? Why is it attacking Lunala?"

Soliera stepped forwards. "Necrozma is, was, a being of light. we took his power long, long ago and trapped him in Megalo Tower. Ever since then, he's been craving light, so he could rise once more and burn our world. And you brought Lunala here, embodied with the power and light from your Moon."

A blinding light shone from above as the two battling Pokémon crashed into a building behind us. Then all went silent as light shone from the hole. When the light died away, Lunala rose from the wreckage, but her body was clad in crystal armor from Necrozma. Then something rose out of her head and a blinding light enveloped her. Her body grew in size and her wings doubled. A tail emerged, flailing around as a dragon head roared with power.

"No," Phyco said behind us. "It's too late. We're dead."

"Ultra Necrozma," Zossie breathed.

Bathed in a golden aura, Ultra Necrozma turned its head to us, eyes glowing.

"SCATTER!" I yelled as twin beams of searing energy struck the spot where we had been.

Ultra Necrozma roared and geysers of energy erupted all around the city, bringing forth further destruction.

"LUNALA!" I shouted. "STOP!"

"Lunala can't hear you anymore," a god-like voice spoke in my head. "Only I remain."

"We'll see about that," I thought and yelled, "Arcanine, Flamethrower!"

Arcanine sped to my side and blasted the flames at Ultra Necrozma, which seemed to do nothing. Arcanine must've sensed this, because he switched from Flamethrower to Dragon Pulse. The energy beam struck Necrozma in the chest and it winced in pain.

"So, you're not impervious to pain," I said. "Good. Arcanine, keep at it!"

Necrozma roared in pain and a geyser of energy erupted beneath Arcanine and shooting him into the air.

"Arcanine," I yelled and quickly returned him.

Ultra Necrozma lost interest in me and began to rise further into the sky. I backed up and found myself next to Zossie.

"Is there anything we can do?" I asked, while staring at Ultra Necrozma as it built up energy in the sky.

"None that I can-"

She stopped and grabbed my left wrist. "Look!"

I looked and to my surprise, my black Z-ring was glowing.

"What does this mean," I asked, wondering how this could possibly help us.

"Maybe," Zossie said, looking between my Z-ring and Necrozma. "Maybe he needs more light."

She looked at me. "Necrozma used to be kind, but when our ancestors stripped him of his light, he became enraged. Maybe he needs more light to be himself again. And your Z-ring, it holds a tremendous amount of light."

I looked at Necrozma, high above most of the buildings. "How will I reach him?"

Zossie pointed to the huge tower with the top part blown off. "Megalo Tower."

I nodded and set off at a run. The plan we had was a vague one and I had no idea what I really was doing. But I knew it was the only chance we had.

I let out Arcanine and jumped atop him. "To that tower! GO!"

He ran full speed and in no time we were at the doors. I got off him and returned him. The twin crystal doors opened, and I stepped into what I assumed was an elevator. I pressed the top most button and the doors closed. The elevator then zoomed upwards, light filtering past.

I breathed in, then out. Everything was going so fast. First Nebby being Lunala, then Lusamine, and now this. Couldn't I catch a break?

"You're the Hero Born of Darkness," I reminded myself. "You didn't choose this, but you have to follow your destiny. I have to see this through."

The elevator stopped, and the doors slid open.

"Great pep talk me," I grumbled and stepped out.

I stood on a cold, black crystal surface, open to the black sky. Ultra Necrozma was now at eye level, but 100 hundred meters off from the tower. I held up my wrist where my Z-ring glowed brighter.

"NECROZMA!" I shouted, getting his attention.

He turned his gaze on me, nearly blinding me. Blinding...

"The Blinding One," I thought, piecing everything together. "He's the Blinding One form the Prophecy. "The Blinding One consumed"."

Realization hit me in the stomach. "He was the beginning of the Prophecy. This is where it truly begins, with the Blinding One. First him, then..."

I shook my head. "Not now. Focus on Necrozma."

I held my Z-ring higher. "You wanted your light back right? Well then, come and get it."

Ultra Necrozma seemed to be transfixed by my Z-ring as it glowed brighter. Then the crystal fragments around me began to swirl. they rose up in front me of me and began to merge together. As they came together, they glowed brightly to form a pale gold Z-crystal with a black star within it.

I reached out my hand and grasped it. like a magnet, it shot from my hand and latched itself onto my Z-ring. Energy ribbons swirled form it and lashed themselves around Ultra Necrozma. I began the Z-move dance and held my index finger on my right hand to my temple. I held out my other hand towards ultra Necrozma as I felt my mental energy being drained from me.

When I couldn't give anymore, I collapsed, and I lifted my head. Ultra Necrozma roared and twisted his body around like a snake, any available light from anywhere in the city being drawn to him. An orb of golden green light formed near his maw, growing bigger and bigger.

Necrozma aimed his head towards the black sky as an orb of light a hundred times bigger than him hung above him.

I stood and yelled as loud as I could.

"LIGHT THAT BURNS THE SKY!"

Ultra Necrozma roared and fired the orb of light into the sky. The black sky absorbed it, and everything was pitch-black. Then, after ten seconds, the sky exploded in an array of colors. I shielded my eyes from the burning light and the whole city shook. When I could look again. I had to blink.

A golden sun shone in the sky. A blue sky.

I smiled and laughed. Then exhaustion washed over me, and I felt myself fall over the side of the tower, everything going black. the last thing I felt were claws curling around my body as the wind rushed past me. Then nothing.

...

I stood above Alola, watching as Ultra Wormholes appeared around the region. I watched as Hau and his Raichu fought a large, white Ultra Beast alongside Gladion and Silvally on Aether. An Xurkitree crashed through Konikoni as Predators rushed over Diglett's Tunnel towards Heahea City. A large Ultra Beast covered in muddy water and seaweed rampaged through Brooklet Hill and a huge dragon with an equally large mouth was chomping on Po Town.

I looked towards the other two islands and saw tree like creatures with hundreds of vines and craggily branches tearing through Hau'oli City.

On Poni Island I could see huge mosquito and clown-like and wall-like Ultra Beasts going through the Vast Poni Canyon towards the Altar.

"This is only the beginning," the Shadow said, coming to stand by me. "The beginning of the end."

...

"ALOLA!" I shouted, sitting up and breathing rapidly.

I looked at my friends around me. "We need to get back. Alola's in danger."

I must write faster than I thought because this chapter got here earlier than I predicted. Anyway, the Shadow got it right. This is the beginning of the end. The next chapter starts the next arc of the story, the Shadow Arc. Foreboding eh? Well, that should leave all of you readers at a nice cliffhanger. I'll take my leave now and I probably wont update until after New Year's, so, Happy New Years! Toodles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 245 27
Rescued by an island guardian, taken in by the baddest group in Alola, and no recollection of her life as a young child---that describes Chloe perfec...
5.6K 369 23
All Shin Harper had ever wanted was a Pokémon by his side. As an only child living with his mother in the empty outskirts of the Alola region, isola...
60.4K 940 44
|-Complete, Undergoing Editing-| Ash Ketchum had always been a lively and optimistic boy. He had his friends, his mother, his Pokemon and a lot more...
14.7K 946 91
IMPORTANT: THIS BOOK IS A SEQUEL TO HERO BORN OF DARKNESS! DON'T READ THIS WITHOUT FIRST READING THAT! Current Cover by @ImberLapis Unable to deal wi...