Pokémon USUM: Hero Born of Da...

By TheRisingFlame

Current Cover and Banners by @ImberLapis Zeno, a teen on the run from his past life, finds his way to Alola i... More

Disclaimer
Arc 1: Alolan Beginnings
Prologue: The Many Beginnings
Chapter 1: Alola to Alola
Chapter 2: The Starters
Chapter 3: The Trainer Battle
Chapter 4: The Mysterious Pokemon
Chapter 5: The Festival
Chapter 6: Enter Team Skull
Chapter 7: A Mysterious Encounter
Chapter 8: The First Trial
Chapter 9: Darkness of Past and Present
Chapter 10: Within the Hollow
Chapter 11: A Fighting Chance
Chapter 12: Beneath the Waves
Chapter 13: The Haunting (Improved Version)
Chapter 14: The Golden Son
Chapter 15: Battles Between Rivals
Chapter 16: A Rivaled Encounter
Chapter 17: Trial by Evolution
Chapter 18: The Prophecy
Chapter 19: The Volcano's Protector
Chapter 20: New Revelations
Chapter 21: The Trial and the Ball
Chapter 22: The Growing Shadows
Chapter 23: Dugtrio's Revenge
Chapter 24: Invasion of the Dittos
Chapter 25: A Rocky Finale
Chapter 26: The goddess Below
Chapter 27: The Dark Past of Alola
Chapter 28: Gang War in Konikoni
Chapter 29: Aether Paradise
Chapter 30: The Gym
Chapter 31: His Dark Past
Chapter 32: Call of the Darkness
Chapter 33: Shooting Stars
Author's Note, Midway Summary, and a little somethings at the end
Arc 2: The Prophecy Unfolds
Chapter 34: Beginning of a Bad Joke
Chapter 35: It's Ya Boy!
Chapter 36: Visions of the Future
Chapter 37: The Oasis
Chapter 38: The One He Loved
Chapter 39: The Ghostly Trial
Chapter 41: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 2: Battle of the Bosses
Chapter 42: A Test of Strength
Chapter 43: Storming Aether
Chapter 44: The Queen of Aether
Chapter 45: Feelings Shared
Chapter 46: Mahina
Chapter 47: Showdown with the Queen
Chapter 48: Returning the Light
Chapter 49: The Insanity of Cassandra
Chapter 50: Ark City
Chapter 51: The Rising Shadow
Chapter 52: Hero Born of Darkness
Chapter 53: Reign of the Ultra Beasts
Chapter 54: The Hero Reborn
Chapter 55: Fall of the Ultra Beasts
Chapter 56: Clash of the Deities
Chapter 57: A Period of Rest and Restoration
Arc 3: Alola's First Pokémon League
Chapter 58: The Final Grand Trial
Chapter 59: Traversing the Mountain
Chapter 60: Before the Battles
Chapter 61: Alola's Pokemon League Begins
Chapter 62: The Second Round
Chapter 63: The Third Round
Chapter 64: Round 4 Part 1: Alex vs. Robert
Chapter 65: Round 4 Part 2: Zeno vs. Kahili
Chapter 66: Quarter Finals Part 1: Zeno vs. Alex
Chapter 67: Quarter Finals Part 2: Hau vs. Hala
Chapter 68: Semifinals Part 1: Hau vs. Ryuki
Chapter 69: Semifinals Part 2: Zeno vs. Gladion
Chapter 70: The Finale: Zeno vs. Hau
Chapter 71: An Alolan Ending
Epilogue: The One Beginning

Chapter 40: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 1: Kidnapped

233 21 62
By TheRisingFlame

I returned Mimi as Gladion pushed me aside and gripped Hau's shirt. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HAU!?"

I yanked Gladion off of Hau. "Now's not the time for that Gladion. We have to all calm down and find out the facts."

I looked at Hau. "What happened here Hau?"

He took a deep, shaky breath. "Team Skull came out of nowhere. I had Gabite and Passimian guard the children, but somehow Team Skull overpowered me. And that lady with the white Salazzle took Lillie to Po Town."

Hau buried his face into his hands. "I wasn't strong enough Zeno. I couldn't save her. I wasn't as strong as you. I'm sorry."

I put a hand on Hau's shoulder, stunned that he thought I was more powerful than him. "Look Hau, we're going to get her back, no matter what."

"We need to go now!" Gladion insisted and started towards the door.

"No," Hau said, sitting up. "Before I blacked out, the lady warned me that Zeno alone can go to Po Town. Anyone else other than him would cause Lillie to suffer."

"Why me?" I wondered.

"She said," Hau started. "She said because Guzma wanted to see what you were made of."

I clenched a fist. "Guzma wants revenge for me humiliating him."

I stood. "I'll go, but I won't be alone. I have my Pokémon and that's all I'll need. Still," I said, looking at Gladion. "I was wondering-"

"Take him," he said, tossing me his clawed Premier Ball. "You'll need him. And I'll try to get you one of your own. You might need one."

Whatever he meant by that, I would figure out later and I nodded my thanks. "I'll be back with Lillie. I promise."

Hau grabbed my shirt, his grip weak. "Don't die Zeno. Be strong. Not like me."

I would have to deal with his doubts about himself later, but at the moment, I had a friend I needed to save.

I heard everyone else wish me good luck as I ran out the doors, but Acerola stopped me when I reached the wilted grass outside.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't have much to offer," Acerola said. "But if you need to get to Po Town fast, talk to the guy in the Kimono robes on the beach. I'm sure he'll give his Sharpedo to go faster."

I nodded. "Thanks."

I rushed towards the beach and almost choked when I spotted the guy Acerola was talking about.

"Grimsley!?" I said in disbelief when I got closer.

He smiled. "That's me. I'm assuming you know me from somewhere?"

"You're part of Unova's Elite 4," I said, still amazed. "Famous for his excellent use of Dark Pokémon."

He shrugged. "Was part of the Elite 4. I retired recently. Now I'm spending my days here in Alola. It's quite refreshing."

"Listen," I said, remembering why I was here. "I need to borrow your Sharpedo please. My friend is in danger in Po Town."

His smiled and flicked his wrist. A coin now sat in his hand. "Heads or tails?"

"I don't have time for games!" I snapped.

He closed his hand. "Do you want Sharpedo or not?"

I growled, frustrated. "Neither!'

"Curious," Grimsley said, pocketing the coin. "I would've just had a Skarmory snatch it from the air, but oh well."

He revealed a pokeball from his robes and let a Sharpedo out into the water. "Make sure to bring him back. Or just send him back by himself. I don't really care."

"Thank you," I said and hopped on Sharpedo's rough back.

"Let's go," I said and Sharpedo shot off like a rocket.

I held onto his large fin as tight as I could as we practically flew over the water. In no time at all, we were at the opposite beach.

"You can go back," I said, a bit dizzy. "I'm finding a different way back."

I waited for a minute for my head to clear then set off, seeing a PMC off to my right. I came to a field of red flowers, but I barely noticed them as I ran.

I slowed down when I came to a police station that appeared to be abandoned. I looked in the window and saw a ton of Alolan Meowths sleeping.

I shook me head and directed my attention to the huge wall surrounding Po Town. Several grunts guarded the only door.

As I neared them, a female grunt spotted me.

"Hey yo!" She shouted. "You'll be goin no further, so hand us your Pokémon you mother-"

I lifted my head and met her gaze. She must've saw something in my eyes because she stopped talking and took a step backwards.

"Oh," I said, grabbing two pokeballs. "I'll give you my Pokémon alright."

...

No One's POV

A couple of grunts roamed around in the dirty one way street while other grunts waited inside broken down houses. They heard a loud rumble and they looked towards the doors of Po Town.

A moment's silence followed, then a huge explosion ripped through a portion of the metal wall. Smoke billowed into the sky as grunts rushed out of the houses, taking out their Pokémon.

Then the figure of the kid they were waiting for stepped out from the smoke, all of his Pokémon by his side.

They're was a dangerous glint in his eyes as he yelled, "TAKE THEM DOWN!"

...

Zeno's POV

I rushed forwards, my Pokémon, including Silvally, by my side. I jumped over a fence that was blocking the street and slammed into a grunt in the process. Another grunt rushed towards me, but a flaming wheel knocked him away.

I grinned. "Good boy, Growlithe. Now go get them!"

Growlithe spun off as I got to my feet. I saw Kabutops slashing through Pokémon after Pokémon while Decidueye popped out of random places, picking off both Team Skull and their Pokémon. Lycanroc and Silvally ran side by side towards a blockade of Alolan Raticates while Gyarados covered air support by blasting the enemy with Hydro Pumps and Hyper Beams.

Mimi found her way to my shoulder. "Mimi!"

I ran for the big house at the end of the street which was bound to hold Lillie. I took down the grunts that got in my way while I left the Pokémon to Mimi.

"Thunderbolt!" I yelled as I uppercuted a grunt and Mimi blasted away a Gumshoos.

"Now Dazzling Gleam!" I yelled and I closed my eyes and jumped onto a car, punching a grunt off of it.

Standing atop the car, I saw tons of grunts and their Pokémon blocking the path to the house. I clicked my newest Z-crystal from Acerola onto my Z-ring and began the dance.

When I finished, I yelled, "NEVER-ENDING NIGHTMARE!"

Mimi unleashed a wave of darkness that engulfed Team Skull. I couldn't see them in all the darkness, but I could hear their screams of terror. When the shadows receded, the grunts were on the ground, shaken, while their Pokémon had fainted.

I looked at them. "Eh, nothing a couple months of therapy won't fix."

I jumped off the car and whistled. After a second, Growlithe bounded up to me.

"Good boy," I said, nodding. "Now let's go get our friend back."

...

I kicked down the doors and saw only five grunts between me and the stairs.

I grinned. "Last chance to move boys."

When they didn't budge, I shrugged. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

I ran forwards and yelled, "Mimi, Shadow Claw! Growlithe, Heat Wave!"

Mimi took down the two grunts on the left with shadowy claws while Growlithe sent two more into a sofa. That left the middle grunt. I jumped and brought down my fist, taking him out of the count.

I raced up the stairs, with both Mimi and Growlithe right behind me. On the way up, I sent two grunts crashing down the stairs and then I reached the second floor. Once there, I spotted a door off to the left marked, "Boss Room".

I went over to the window across from the stairs and recalled all of my Pokémon and Silvally. I then let Silvally back out next to me, glad I had his strength in my side.

"Growlithe," I said, turning towards the door. "Blow it open."

Growlithe fired a Flamethrower and the door burnt to a crisp. Inside, Guzma sat upon a makeshift throne, Plumeria at his side, but no sign of Lillie.

"Where's Lillie!?" I demanded.

"A little too late kid," Guzma said, relaxing on his throne. "Aether already took her back to her mother."

I paled. "What does Lusamine want with her!?"

"Aside from having her daughter back," he said, tapping his chin. "She really, really wants that Cosmog."

I clenched my fists, realizing coming here was a waste of time and that Lusamine had more time to complete her plan, whatever it was.

"I'm going to go now," I said backing up. "And if you two try and stop-"

BOOM!

An explosion from outside cut me off.

Then, a woman's voice yelled, "GUZMA!"

I rushed to the window, but Guzma pushed me aside. I managed to get a quick look and what I saw was not good. It seemed like I wasn't the only one planning an attack on Po Town. Dozens of Radiance grunts were out there and Cassandra led them.

Cassandra held out her hand. "I think it's finally time you gave back what you stole Guzma! Now!"

"And what would that be?" Guzma said cockily.

Cassandra's face grew red with anger. "We want that solar panel back!"

Guzma held something up, a small device that I recognized from the Hollow back on Melemele Island. The Skull Boys must've kept it. "You mean this?"

"Give it to me!" Cassandra shouted. "I have the house surrounded by my grunts. You can't escape!"

"I don't want to," Guzma said calmly. "But you won't get this without a fight."

"So be it," Cassandra growled.

She then stood straight and grasped a pokeball. "I, Cassandra, leader of Team Radiance, challenge you, Guzma, leader of Team Skull, to a Pokémon battle! The winner takes the solar panel and the loser has to leave Po Town forever!"

Guzma grinned. "Deal."

Ok, I was going to, but I just can't. This will not be a double update. But I will try to get the second part out tomorrow if I can. And come on people, tell me I'm not the only one who wanted an epic battle between bosses. Next time, Guzma vs Cassandra. The Attack on Po Town Pt. 2: Battle of the Bosses. Go beyond! PLUS ULTRA! Ok, sorry. I've been watching too much Boku No Hero Academia. Well, let me sign off with my traditional trademark saying or whatever. Toodles

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 946 91
IMPORTANT: THIS BOOK IS A SEQUEL TO HERO BORN OF DARKNESS! DON'T READ THIS WITHOUT FIRST READING THAT! Current Cover by @ImberLapis Unable to deal wi...
20.7K 607 17
A story about a girl who moves from Kanto to the Alola region with her mum to start a new life. Everything seems normal, she even makes new friends a...
5.1K 455 67
IMPORTANT: THIS IS THE 3RD BOOK OF THE HBOD SERIES. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FIRST READ HERO BORN OF DARKNESS THEN LIFE, DEATH, ORDER, AND CHAOS!!! ...
5.9K 231 37
He's dark. She's dramatic. He's angry. She's sad. He's explosive. She's cold. He's fiercely protective of everyone he loves. She doesn't want to be s...