With Every Step We Take

Franny645 által

"I've been observing you for a while now and I want you to know you are different from any girl I've ever kno... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 21

119 3 3
Franny645 által

When I wake up in the morning, I get ready for church.

I put on a simple spring dress that I bought last year, and my blue bracelet that says Christen on it.

While doing my hair, I think about last night.

Grant gave me my Bible back, so he must still care right?

I know he never claimed to stop caring about me, but it's just a worry you have when you break up with someone. You feel like the person has moved on or forgotten about you.

It's a feeling I never thought I would feel with Grant. I always thought we would last. I guess that's what everyone thinks.

But, enough of these depressing thoughts. It's time to go praise JESUS and Thank him for all he's done.

I go downstairs to see everybody putting their dishes in the sink. I walk over to my Dad.

"Did I miss breakfast?"

"Yes sweetie. We were going to let you sleep in, because we know you got in late last night."

"And miss church?" I screech in disbelief.

I need church for encouragement, and so I can hear different insights on GOD . I also need to worship GOD with other people, because that's the strongest way to do it. Church is not something I can afford to miss.

My Dad looks at me. "Bad idea?"

I nod my head, and he laughs.

"There's waffles left in the iron, if you want some."

"Thanks Dad." I say giving him a hug.

I get the waffles, and when I turn around my whole family is staring at me.

"What?" I ask slowly.

"Nothing. We just want to know how the dance was last night." My mom says. I know that's not what they really want to know. They want to know if anyone gave me a hard time.

I explain last night's events, and that Grant is now dating Samantha .

Everyone continues to stare at me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" My mom asks concerned.

I sigh. "No, I'm ok. I just miss him that's all."

My mom hugs me. "I know sweetie, it gets easier. We all have missed Grant these last couple of days, but I'm glad he's doing this."

"Oh no, not you too."

"Yes, me too. I am your mother, and I never want to hear about people treating you so poorly again. You don't want me to take matters into my own hands, do you?"

I grin at her. "That won't me necessary mother." My mom taking things into her own hands is never pleasant.

She laughs. "Ok then, except Grant's help."

"Fine." I say pouting.

"Look on the bright side, your black eye is starting to turn yellow in some places! That means it's healing." My mom says.

Ugh where is Courtney's make up skills when I need them?

"It might be healing, but it still looks gross." I say.

My dad comes up to me and pinches my cheeks. "Don't worry about it. I want you to smile

like the Cheshire Cat ."

He already knew that would make me smile. "That's my girl." He says.

"Christen," Stephanie calls, and I turn to look at her. "You should ask GOD to help you and Grant get back together, and he doesn't there's always Christian mingle.com ." She says.

"You know what Steph that's a good idea, well the first part." I say.

'GOD if it be your will, help me to get back together with Grant in JESUS' name.'

Stephanie flips her hair. "That's why they call me the Queen of relationships."

Lexi scoffs. "Who calls you that? You've never even had a boyfriend."

"Neither have you?" Stephanie retorts.

"Shut up, I have one now." Lexi says rolling her eyes. I know my sister is lying, but apparently Decan doesn't, because his eyes bulge out of his head. "I'll kill him."

I laugh, he said the same thing when I started dating Grant.

"Alright kids that's enough, we're late. Christen you'll have to eat your waffles in the van." My dad says.

"Ok." I tell him.

When we walk to the van, I take Caleb from Brian.

"Do you mind? I was teaching him how to attract women." Brian says annoyed.

I stare at him. "He's five months old."

"Exactly! He should start from now, so he can be a ladies man like his big brother." He says proudly.

"I guess that's why his big brother is going to the Sophomore Ball with someone called smelly Lauren." I say, as I buckle Caleb in.

Brian glares at me, and I take a bite of my waffle.

When we get to church, praise and worship has already started. Everyone is clapping and singing.

My family goes to the pew in the back.

I sit in between Thomas, and some man in a brown suit. He had his head turned from me, so I couldn't really get a good look at his face. I don't believe I ever seen him here before.

"Christen can I please have some cookies?" Thomas asks.

"Not right now honey, it's time to sing to GOD." I tell him.

"Ok, but I don't know the words." He says.

I take the hymnal out of the pew and find Amazing Grace.

"We're right here." I say, pointing to 'I once was lost' in the book.

Thomas just stares at it, scratching his head. Oops I forgot he couldn't read!

"Just clap your hands." I tell him, smiling apologetically.

His little hands start clapping off beat.

When praise and worship is over, Pastor Daniels starts to preach.

"Today we are going to talk about being free." The pastor begins. "As human beings we often find ourselves weighed down. We feel like a huge load is on our shoulders, and it won't go away. I know from my own personal experience, that I often feel this way when I start to get closer to GOD. I simply feel like I do not have energy, and that I can't do the tasks GOD has called me to do. I want to let you all know it is completely normal to feel this way. The adversary is trying to keep you from GOD, because if not you will become a threat to evil. Don't let him win! All the bondage you feel is mind tricks! You are not really lost or weary in your spiritual journey, but the adversary wants you to think you are. Deep down inside, you know exactly who you are, who GOD called you to be, and who GOD is. Don't believe for one second you don't, because it's a lie! You are princesses and princes, you're father is GOD the King! There is no one above him, he is all powerful. Call on his name and you shall be free from the tricks of the adversary. Ephesians 6:11-13 says 'Put on all of God's armour so that you will be able to stand safe against all strategies and tricks of Satan'. That passage shows us exactly what we need to do to be victorious! You can do it, just simply trust and believe your GOD with all your heart. And if you are having trouble, he's waiting for you to ask for his help."

I want to clap, but Thomas fell asleep on me.

Pastor Daniels is describing exactly what I went through in seventh grade. Around that time I started taking my walk with Christ super seriously. I found it so hard to get close to GOD like I am now. Don't get me wrong, I always loved and believed in him, but my personal walk with him was very difficult. Sometimes I didn't want to pray, read my Bible, or even go to church. The thing I found most difficult, was obeying GOD. Sometimes when you obey GOD you have to step out of your comfort zone. I use to be very afraid of that, so it lead me to tune out the Holy Spirit. I found myself unhappy and discontent, and I didn't like it. So everyday I prayed fervently to GOD that he would set me free from my troubles, so I could have a good relationship with him in JESUS' Name. GOD answered my prayers, and by ninth grade we were inseparable.

I smile. ABBA and I have come a very long way.

'I am very proud of who you have become in me. You have risen above Satan's lies, so we could have a good relationship. Now you are free. Continue to help others to become free like you.' ABBA says lovingly.

I am so moved by the spirit I feel like I am about to cry.

'Of course GOD, It's you and me forever.' I tell him, as tears stream down my face.

GOD just makes me so happy! I can't believe there was a time we didn't talk everyday. If I do that now, it feels like my soul will starve to death. How did I not go insane?

'The more you allow the Holy Spirit to grow inside of you, the more you depend on me for your existence."

Knowing that makes me smile.

Pastor Daniels finishes up his sermon, and everyone claps.

I gently shake Thomas awake when it's time for the benediction.

He starts to stretch, and scrunch up his face. "That was boring."

I shush him. I hold hands with Thomas and the mystery man next to me, while we pray. I still haven't seen this guy's face, it's almost like he's intentionally hiding it from me.

"Go forth and serve GOD with all your heart, soul, and mind. May his presence and protection never leave you. Be blessed." Pastor Daniels prays over the congregation.

Church is over, and people start to socialize enthusiastically.

The man next to me shoots out of his seat. When he turns to walk out the door, I see it is Brett! The man I let read 'For GOD so Loved The World' on the bus last week.

Surely he recognized me. We sat next to each other for over thirty minutes on the bus. Why didn't he say hello, and why did he keep hiding his face?

Something is definitely wrong here. I shrug it off, and wait for my parents to finish talking to their friends.

I give Thomas his cookies.

"You want one?" He asks

"No, but thank you." I tell him.

He starts chomping on the cookies loudly. Why did I give those to him again?

Once my family and I leave church, we go out to eat brunch. I have a fantastic time! They really are the best, and there's no other people I rather spend my Sunday with.

~~~~

I'm sorry, but this chapter took me forever to write😁 I hope you guys liked it! It had a little background info on how Christen became so close with GOD 👀 Please comment and vote😋 Also I am doing this thing in the next Author's note where I advertise stories. If you want me to mention your books please Pm the title😆 Have a blessed day, and don't ever doubt your awesomeness😌

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

63.7K 1.1K 85
***COMPLETED*** When we both caught our breath, he pulled me down and kissed me. He let go of my wrist and wrapped his arms around my waist. He opene...
39 0 18
"Thank you for today. I'll miss this so much." I look around for the last time. "I like you" As a fan I feel ecstatic, my breath hitched. I want to s...
475K 7.5K 30
He leaned down very slowly and my eyes fell to his lips before snapping back up. He gently pressed his lips against mine, moving slowly at first befo...
12.4K 1.2K 23
My fist clenched against the edge of the table when he pushed a hair strand behind her ear and leaned closer, what the fuck!! Why she is not pushing...