Pokémon USUM: Hero Born of Da...

By TheRisingFlame

Current Cover and Banners by @ImberLapis Zeno, a teen on the run from his past life, finds his way to Alola i... More

Disclaimer
Arc 1: Alolan Beginnings
Prologue: The Many Beginnings
Chapter 1: Alola to Alola
Chapter 2: The Starters
Chapter 3: The Trainer Battle
Chapter 4: The Mysterious Pokemon
Chapter 5: The Festival
Chapter 6: Enter Team Skull
Chapter 7: A Mysterious Encounter
Chapter 8: The First Trial
Chapter 9: Darkness of Past and Present
Chapter 10: Within the Hollow
Chapter 11: A Fighting Chance
Chapter 12: Beneath the Waves
Chapter 13: The Haunting (Improved Version)
Chapter 14: The Golden Son
Chapter 15: Battles Between Rivals
Chapter 16: A Rivaled Encounter
Chapter 17: Trial by Evolution
Chapter 18: The Prophecy
Chapter 19: The Volcano's Protector
Chapter 20: New Revelations
Chapter 21: The Trial and the Ball
Chapter 22: The Growing Shadows
Chapter 23: Dugtrio's Revenge
Chapter 24: Invasion of the Dittos
Chapter 25: A Rocky Finale
Chapter 26: The goddess Below
Chapter 27: The Dark Past of Alola
Chapter 28: Gang War in Konikoni
Chapter 29: Aether Paradise
Chapter 31: His Dark Past
Chapter 32: Call of the Darkness
Chapter 33: Shooting Stars
Author's Note, Midway Summary, and a little somethings at the end
Arc 2: The Prophecy Unfolds
Chapter 34: Beginning of a Bad Joke
Chapter 35: It's Ya Boy!
Chapter 36: Visions of the Future
Chapter 37: The Oasis
Chapter 38: The One He Loved
Chapter 39: The Ghostly Trial
Chapter 40: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 1: Kidnapped
Chapter 41: The Attack on Po Town Pt. 2: Battle of the Bosses
Chapter 42: A Test of Strength
Chapter 43: Storming Aether
Chapter 44: The Queen of Aether
Chapter 45: Feelings Shared
Chapter 46: Mahina
Chapter 47: Showdown with the Queen
Chapter 48: Returning the Light
Chapter 49: The Insanity of Cassandra
Chapter 50: Ark City
Chapter 51: The Rising Shadow
Chapter 52: Hero Born of Darkness
Chapter 53: Reign of the Ultra Beasts
Chapter 54: The Hero Reborn
Chapter 55: Fall of the Ultra Beasts
Chapter 56: Clash of the Deities
Chapter 57: A Period of Rest and Restoration
Arc 3: Alola's First Pokémon League
Chapter 58: The Final Grand Trial
Chapter 59: Traversing the Mountain
Chapter 60: Before the Battles
Chapter 61: Alola's Pokemon League Begins
Chapter 62: The Second Round
Chapter 63: The Third Round
Chapter 64: Round 4 Part 1: Alex vs. Robert
Chapter 65: Round 4 Part 2: Zeno vs. Kahili
Chapter 66: Quarter Finals Part 1: Zeno vs. Alex
Chapter 67: Quarter Finals Part 2: Hau vs. Hala
Chapter 68: Semifinals Part 1: Hau vs. Ryuki
Chapter 69: Semifinals Part 2: Zeno vs. Gladion
Chapter 70: The Finale: Zeno vs. Hau
Chapter 71: An Alolan Ending
Epilogue: The One Beginning

Chapter 30: The Gym

292 21 36
By TheRisingFlame

I stuffed the flyer into a pocket in my trench coat as Rotom's screen showed a map of Malie City. Highlighted with a red line showed the path to the Gym.

Rotom sped off and I ran after him, yelling back to my friends. "Come on!"

They ran after us and after a couple minutes, we arrived. The Johto look about it and the Gym logo felt so nostalgic. Lillie was also there, waiting by the doors, Nebby's eyes peeking out of the bag.

She smiled when she saw us. "I had a feeling you guys would end up here."

Robert grinned. "How could we not? It's a Pokémon Gym in Alola."

Hau sighed. "I don't remember why Pokémon Gyms are so important. Mind explaining?"

Alex explained. "In the regions other than Alola, we compete in the Pokémon League. We go across the region, defeating 8 Pokémon Gyms and collecting their badges. Once we gather all 8, we can compete in the yearly Pokémon tournament to see who the strongest trainer is."

Hau nodded thoughtfully. "I remember now. I always preferred Alola's Island Challenge, though I guess a Pokémon League based off that here in Alola wouldn't be that bad."

I shrugged. "There's still hope. Anyway, I have a Gym battle to do."

I pushed open the doors wide and I could see the resemblance between this Gym and a certain Electric Gym in Kanto.

I grinned. "A Kantonian Gym in Alola."

Alex and Robert stood on either side of me with Hau and Lillie behind us.

Like a typical Gym, a huge battlefield occupied most of the Gym with the stands filled with people. They were watching a battle at the moment between an Alolan Ace Trainer and-

"Lt. Surge," I breathed.

"No freaking way," Robert said as the five of us went to take our seats in the stands.

Lt. Surge wore his usual heavy duty boots, camo military pants, and a green tank top with his dog tags hanging from his neck. He also wore his sunglasses and had his signature Pokémon out, Raichu.

"Raichu, use Thunder!" He ordered and Raichu unleashed a huge thunderbolt that struck the Ace Trainer's Fearow.

She returned her Fearow, looking happy that she fought Lt. Surge.

He grinned at the audience and put his hands behind his back. It looked like he was about to give everyone a military briefing.

"Alright Alolans," he boomed. "Me and my Raichu here are looking for a challenge while on vacation! Who's willing to take me and my Electric types on!"

The crowd cheered and I stood. "I'll take you on!"

He smirked and held up a badge. "Bring it on kid. Let's see if you're worthy enough to pin this badge to that trench coat of yours."

I hopped over the stands and onto the battlefield. "I am."

His grin never wavered. "We'll see kid."

He returned Raichu and let out Electrode. "This is a 4 on 4 Pokémon Gym battle in Alola! Choose your Pokémon!"

I brought out Kabutops. "Start this off with Surf!"

Kabutops unleashed a wave of water that swept towards Electrode.

Lt. Surge crossed his arms. "Discharge the water!"

Electrode unleashed the electricity and it wiped out all the water.

"Keep on the defense," I shouted. "Stone Edge!"

Kabutops slammed his scythe hand into the ground, huge stones jutting out of the ground, heading for Electrode. The stones thrusted Electrode into the air.

Lt. Surge kept on grinning. "Gyro Ball towards Kabutops!"

Electrode spun rapidly towards Kabutops and slammed into him.

"Explosion!" Lt. Surge commanded and Electrode (committed suicide because his trainer hates him and wants him to DIE!!! Sorry, it had to be said) unleashed a huge explosion, sending him and Kabutops in opposite directions.

When the explosion died out, both Pokémon had fainted. We returned our Pokémon and Lt. Surge let out Magneton and I Lycanroc.

"Magnet Bomb!" Lt. Surge ordered and Magneton fired balls of magnets at Lycanroc.

"Dodge and use Accelerock!" I commanded.

Lycanroc sped forwards, jumped over the Magnet Bombs, and slammed into Magneton.

"Fire Fang!" I yelled as Lt. Surge shouted, "Thunder Wave!"

Lycanroc bit down on Magneton's body, but flinched backwards upon being paralyzed. Luckily, Magneton was suffering from a burn.

"Use Zap Cannon!" The Gym leader ordered.

"Counter with Brick Break!" I yelled back.

Lycanroc jumped over the Zap Cannon and brought his glowing tail down on Magneton. Magneton zoomed backwards and the burn caused him to faint. Lycanroc came back to me, but still kept an eye on It. Surge.

He let out an Electivire. "Thunder Punch!"

"Dodge," I shouted, but the paralysis prevented Lycanroc from doing so.

Electivire punched Lycanroc into the air and Lt. Surge yelled, "Thunder!"

Electivire shot down Lycanroc with a huge thunderbolt. Lycanroc crashed to the ground, still standing, but barely. I needed to put Electivire down, fast.

"Fast," I thought. "That's it!"

I had an idea, a risky move, but hopefully it would work.

"Go as fast as you can Lycanroc and circle Electivire!" I commanded.

Lycanroc sped around and around Electivire. Lt. Surge stood smirking, no doubt waiting for Lycanroc to feel the paralysis. Then it happened. The sparks on Lycanroc sparked, but were blown away by Lycanroc's acceleration. Lycanroc had freed himself from the paralysis.

Lt. Surge looked shocked and his glasses dropped an inch, showing his eyes. "What the-!"

"That's right!" I yelled, flipping my Rockium Z into the air and caught it. "Let's take him out Lycanroc!"

I twisted the Z-crystal into the Z-ring and it glowed. Two smaller crystals formed on the outer edges of the Rockium Z and I knew it was no longer an ordinary Z-crystal.

I began the dance, energy flowing between Lycanroc and I. "Let's take our power to a whole new level Lycanroc! Our strength even more powerful than a Continental Crush! SPLINTERED STORMSHARDS!"

Lycanroc howled as he shot up on a rock, large, sharp pieces of rocks rising into the air around him. Lycanroc jumped into the air and the stone shards pointed towards Electivire. I slammed my hands together and Lycanroc zoomed towards the Electric type, the stone shards close behind. Lycanroc landed behind Electivire as the Splintered Stormshards crashed into the Electric type. When the Z-move ended, Electivire collapsed, no longer able to fight.

Lt. Surge pushed his sunglasses back up and returned his Pokémon. "That was good kid, but I still have one more Pokémon left. Come on out Raichu!"

The Kantonian Raichu came out, the yellow spots on his cheeks sparking.

"Thunderbolt!" Lt. Surge ordered and Raichu shot the bolt of electricity at Lycanroc.

Lycanroc fainted and I returned him. I grabbed Growlithe's pokeball and let him out.

"Alright buddy," I said. "We need to finish this. Use Flame Wheel!"

Growlithe spun towards Raichu as Lt. Surge yelled, "Thunder Wave!"

"Burn right through it buddy!" I yelled and the sparks were incinerated.

"Thunder!"

The thunderbolt slammed Growlithe back a good 20 feet, but he was still battle ready.

"Electric Terrain!" The Gym Leader commanded and Raichu electrified the battlefield. "Now Thunder the whole arena!"

Bolts of lighting struck the battlefield, a couple hitting Growlithe. He was weakening and there wasn't much I could do...

I noticed Growlithe's eyes burning with a fiery determination as heat rolled off of him like waves of fire. I knew what Growlithe could do now. I knew what Fire type move Growlithe had just learned.

"We can still win buddy!" I yelled. "Heat Wave!"

Growlithe slammed a paw forward and howled as a wave of heat rose from his body and rushed towards Raichu, burning through the Electric Terrain. The heat crashed into Raichu and sent him backwards.

"Reversal!" I yelled. "Finish this!"

Growlithe ran forwards and slammed into Raichu, fainting him.

Lt. Surge looked impressed as he returned his partner. "That was an amazing battle kid."

We walked up to each other and he handed me the Thunder Badge. "You were a worthy opponent kid. I wish you luck on your journey."

I grinned and tucked the badge away. "Thanks for the badge and the great battle."

He grinned. "Anytime."

I returned Growlithe and regrouped with my friends.

Alex and Robert grinned. "An amazing Gym battle."

I nodded. "It felt good."

We walked out of the Gym since it was about to close soon, talking and laughing, when someone slammed me against the wall, handcuffing my wrists.

"What are you doing!?" I yelled to whoever was doing this.

"Officer Nanu!?" Hau shouted, shocked.

"You're under arrest Zeno," Nanu growled. "For being an active member of Team Rocket and a murderer!"

After an amazing Gym battle with Lt. Surge himself, Zeno finds himself being arrested for being with Team Rocket and because he's a murderer. And in front of his friends! Stay tuned to find out what happens next time on Hero Born of Darkness.

Dun dun duhhhhhh. Now that Zeno's arrested, his friends are bound to find out about his true past. Who he was. Giovanni's son and personal assassin. From here on out, I'm stepping up my game. Things are gonna happen, more plot advancements, and more epic everything. And we're not even halfway done yet! It's time for the fun to begin. I'll see you all next time. Toodles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 369 23
All Shin Harper had ever wanted was a Pokémon by his side. As an only child living with his mother in the empty outskirts of the Alola region, isola...
87.1K 2.1K 22
Your name? (Y/N) Sycamore. The problem? You don't know this. As the 14-year-old daughter of Pokémon Professor Augustine Sycamore, himself, life was p...
20.5K 296 51
A boy 16 years of age comes to the region of Alola with his mother for a fresh start in life. Alola's Island Challenge will be his very first Pokémon...
5.1K 455 67
IMPORTANT: THIS IS THE 3RD BOOK OF THE HBOD SERIES. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE FIRST READ HERO BORN OF DARKNESS THEN LIFE, DEATH, ORDER, AND CHAOS!!! ...