Someone Like You (Jacquees)

By baileybewriting

Nicole just moved to L.A. with her mom after her dad dies. She knows nobody there and feels on the outside un... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five *FINALE*
Epilogue
Prologue to 'Future'

Chapter Thirty-Nine

4K 133 10
By baileybewriting

     It was finally Friday and I was ready to get on with my weekend. Jacquees wasn't here which I was expecting. He had told me that he was going to go see his mom and thought it would be best for him to take the day off and I didn't object. The halls were swarming with other kids who were just as ready to get out of this place as I was. I wasn't going to be doing anything this weekend as far as I knew but doing nothing for two days was better than being here for five days listening to nagging teachers. But everybody was going to Karma from what I was hearing. Thinking about that only brought back memories and of course they weren't good ones.

      I approched my locker and started to twist the knob to the correct numbers on the lock before pulling down it down unlocking the locker. As I opened it, I saw Janay leaned up next to my locker.

"Sup, girl" she said with a smile.

     I gave her a slight smile back before turning my attention back to my locker and I pulled my bag out of it.

"You going to Karma tonight?" she asked.

     I turned to her and placed a hand on my hip giving her a look.

"Dumb question, huh?" she sighed shaking her head.

"Exactly" I said bending down and stuffing my binder into my bag.

     She chuckled and then started to look down at the ground biting her lip. I swung my bag over my shoulder and locked my locker back raising an eyebrow at her.

"Um...Jacquees isn't here today" I said thinking that he was maybe the reason she was over here.

"Oh I-I know. I came here for you" she said playing with her fingers.

     My eyes widened. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that my mom was here.

"You have a minute?" Janay asked me.

     I held a finger up to her and began to text my mom. My teacher needs to talk to me about my grades. Just hold on, I'll be out in a few minutes I typed. Then I turned my attention back to Janay and nodded at her. We walked to the picnic area of the school by the cafeteria and it was empty. We both sat down at a table and I waited for her to speak. After a while, she finally decided to say something.

"I think this is kind of a stupid thing to do considering the fact that you're his most recent ex but I needed to ask you something"

"What is it?" I giggled.

"Well...Jacquees and I have been friends for a really long time and I know he's going through a lot so I kind of want to do something nice for him"

"Awww. I think he would like that" I smiled. "So what do you need me for? You want me to help you set it up?"

"Um...I want to do something really nice for him" she said biting her lip again.

     At first, I was confused as to what she was trying to say but then it finally hit me. She wanted to have sex with Jacquees! I was getting jealous all over again but I tried not to show it.

"Oh okay. Well again, why do you need me? Threesome?"

"No no...no" she said instantly with wide eyes.

     I laughed at her sudden reaction.

"I was just wondering how I should approach the entire thing. You guys did it, right?"

     I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down. We had only went out for a couple of weeks. Is that the expected time limit for sex or something in this city?

"Wait...you haven't?" she asked surprised.

     I shook my head.

"I thought about it sometimes but we never did it" I admitted.

     I didn't mention to her the oral sex though. I just thought that it would be best to keep all of that to myself.

"Well, since you've had fantasies, could you throw some at me? I don't care how ridiculous they are. I'm just desperate for ideas"

"Okay, um...I pictured us running off to Las Vegas and doing it in a hotel. I've pictured him coming home from a long day at work to me in a corset and a whip-"

"Okay, Nic. How about something a little bit more...small. I didn't mean that ridiculous" she interrupted with her hand on her forehead and her cheeks were red.

     I laughed again and thought some more. 

"Oooo, why don't you take him out to dinner. Next month is his birthday. That would be perfect timing. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little something special" I smiled.

     Janay looked like she was thinking and then she shrugged.

"Dinner wouldn't be a bad idea. Um...you're okay with all of this, right?" she asked drumming on the table with her peach colored nails.

     Thinking of ideas of how Janay can have sex with the guy who I was in love with was the last thing that I pictured I would be doing so of course I wasn't okay with it. But they were together now and he was happy. I wasn't going to ruin that for him or her.

"Don't worry about how I feel about the situation. He's your boyfriend. Just don't ruin it for him. He really cares about you. I can tell"

       She smiled and stood up giving me a hug.

"Thank you for your help. Que should be thankful for a friend like you"

     I slightly smiled as she released me from the hug. I stood up with my bag still over my shoulder.

"I'm thankful for a friend like him too. Good luck" I said waving to her as I made my way for the parking lot.

     I saw my mom's car and got in. 

"Are your grades okay?" she asked.

     I nodded and she drove off. I wondered how Jacquees was doing with his mom.

                                                                       ***Jacquees' POV***

      I waited at the table for them for bring out my mom. She came in handcuffs with a rather burly officer guiding her to the table. She wore an all blue uniform. i turned my head away from her. I hated to see my mom like that. She tried to manage a smile. Her hair was in a small bun and of course she had no make-up on which exposed the black marks on her face that would normally be covered up. The officer backed up a short distance and nodded at us so that we could begin our conversation.

     Honestly, I had nothing to say to her that wasn't degrading. Why did she do it? She was doing great. But that's my life for you, everytime something good is going on something has to come by and ruin it all. I bounced my leg up and down while tapping my fingers on the table. I bit my lip as she reached over and took my hands into hers. Her hands were warm like they always were. Knowing that always comforted me when I was little but I didn't know how it made me feel now.

"I know you're disappointed in me, Que" she finally said squeezing my hands. "But please don't let this interfere with our relationship. You're still my son and I love you dearly. I can't afford to-"

"Why did you do it?" I interrupted still looking away from her.

"Um...I was being dumb. I've been having problems with depression over the years and that was my way of coping"

"Depressed about what? You were doing fine. That's something to be proud of!"

"Yes but Wes still took you away from me. He broke up our family!"

     I snatched my hand away from hers. Yes, I was mad at my father for getting her locked up but she was acting like the victim. She's the one who took the drugs!

"You broke up our family, Ma" I said.

     I saw the hurt in her eyes but I was telling the truth. Her addiction was her fault and nobody else's, not even Dad's.

"I hated Dad...for you! And you just proved every single point he had as to why we can't ever be a family again correct"

     She slid her arms off of the table and placed them in her lap biting her lip.

"Okay...okay, you're very right. This is all my fault. I fucked up big time. But like I said, I don't want this to interfere with the relationship we have"

"Then you wouldn't have done it. That would've been the best way to keep our relationship intact"

"I'm sorry, baby. Please forgive me. I can't lose you. You're all I have. I love you"

"And I love you too, Ma. Make no mistake about that but next time you need to think about how what you're doing is going to effect me"

"I'm...I'm sorry" she sobbed placing her face in her hands causing her handcuffs to make a jingling noise.

     I stood up and walked over to her giving her a hug. She sobbed into my shoulders and apologized over and over.

"All right, that's enough there. Time to go, Johnson" the police officer said walking over to us.

      Johnson was my mother's maiden name. I broke away from the hug. He grabbed my mom by her forearm and led her out of the room. She looked back at me with a small smile before completely leaving. I sighed and left myself. I need a damn vacation! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 12.3K 65
Julie and her twin sister Dahlia couldn't be anymore different. Where Julie was a total momma's girl in love with music, Dahlia followed her dad arou...
65.4K 2K 20
A/n This is my first story so please don't judge. (Y/n) just moved from California to Florida because her mom got a job deal. But on the other hand...
81.1K 2.3K 24
hiiiiii guys this is my new story. its about a 15 year old girl named skylar her dad died from a stroke so she was forced to pack up her things and m...
385 143 52
"Friendship is not about who you've known from the longest or who you hang out with, it's about who walked into your life, said 'Hey, I'm here for yo...