Chapter Ten

"Where are they?" I asked Lyric as we waited inside of the fair.

"They're here, Nic. Just chill. You'll see Jacquees soon"

"Why do you always think I'm talking about him?"

"It's pretty evident. You try to stop yourself from blushing everytime you see him and you-"

     Lyric paused as she looked over my shoulder. I turned around to see what she was looking at and saw Keyana with her friends. They soon came over to us.

"Hey, Lyric" Keyana said as her crew of girlfriends just glared at me.

"Hey, Keyana" Lyric said with the best smile that she could manage.

   Keyana's eyes went from Lyric to me which caused them to narrow resulting in an angry expression.

"So you walk into my school like you own the place and steal my man and my spotlight? Who do you think you are?" she said to me.

     Her friends looked at me as if they were going to jump me at any minute!

"Well? Answer me, New Girl. Who are you?"

"Um, who are you? First of all, it's not your school. Secondly, I didn't steal anybody's man. If you're referring to Jacquees, then we're just friends. Not to mention, he's your ex. And finally, I didn't steal you're spotlight. The light probably just went out because you haven't done anything lately"

"You better watch your mouth. I know you're new here but I also know that you have some common sense"

"And who's gonna check me?" I protested.

     At that moment, Keyana walked up to me until our foreheads were practically touching.

"Keyana, back the hell up" a voice said as a hairy arm divided us apart.

     As I looked in the direction of the person, I saw that it was Jacquees. 

"Nah, Que, let your little girlfriend fight her own battles since she wants to start them"

"She's not my girlfriend and the only person starting shit is you because I know she didn't come to you first. And stop messing with me. We're done. I can't dumb it down any further!"

"Well you can't expect me to just let you go!"

"Actually, that's exactly what I expect you to do. Lyric, Tre, Nic, let's go" he said.

     I flashed Keyana one more dirty look before I turned away.

"So, um, let's get on the Gravitron!" said Tre. 

                                                                                                 *** 

 "Nah, we're just gonna walk around. You guys can get on more rides if you want to" Jacquees said to Tre and Lyric as we shared a funnel cake.

"Ugh, ya'll suck! C'mon, Lyric" Tre said.

     They walked away from us and me and Jacquees just walked around some more.

"So, do you feel a lot better about friends now?"

"YES! I really appreciate you doing this for me"

"It was no problem. And sorry about Keyana. Even though we aren't together, she can get pretty jealous"

"Yeah, I know what that's like" I said.

     A sudden memory of what happened with Dre flashed into my mind. Jacquees must have seen it.