Chapter Forty-Four

I unwrapped my towel from around my body and dried off my hair. Willie sent me a text telling me that he was close by and I began to get dressed in my plain gray sweatshirt and black skinny jeans with my black sandals. I put my hair up in a neat ponytail letting it drop to my back. It was still a little wet but I didnt care. The doorbell rang and my heart started beating ten times faster. I hadn't felt this way since Jacquees and before him it was Dre. Speaking of him, Dre says that he's talking to some girl now. I don't know her but he sent me a picture and she's really pretty. I'm happy for him actually.

     I told Tammy about Willie and she thinks that I should go for it after she saw a picture of him that I showed her from his Instagram account. "Girl, if you don't hit that, I'm gonna come down there to L.A. and take him back to Georgia with me" were her exact words. Lyric and Jacquees don't know about it yet but they will soon if this date works out the way it should. After a few minutes, my mom called me. I quickly applied some lip balm and tossed my crossbody bag over my head making my way out of the room. My mom had a big smile on her face as she stood next to Willie. He had on a dark purple Polo shirt that hugged his muscular arms and itactually made him look cuter. He had on black jeans with some tan colored Timbalands.

"Nicole, you didn't tell me that you were going to be hanging out with Willie Travis' son!" my mother beamed.

"You know his father?" I asked suprised.

"Please!" my mother scoffed. "As much as your father talked about him how could I not know?"

     Mom seemed to be fascinated with the fathers both Jacquees and Willie. It was pretty weird but their names were pretty big around the world so it was typical.

"Well, you two have fun. I'll be here when you get back, Nicole" she said as she made her way for the living room.

     I nodded and Willie and I left the house as I locked the door behind me. We went outside and I was greeted by a red Mustang!

"I thought you had a blue Porsche" i said cocking my head to the side.

"Oh, I do. I got that for Christmas and I got this baby for my birthday. Well, when my dad was trying to make up for missing my birthday" he said with a saddened expression.

     We both got in the car and he started it up.

"Sorry" I finally said.

    He just smiled at me.

"I don't know what you're apologizing for" he chuckled. "You didn't do anything"

"Where's your dad now?" I asked.

"Where else? At work" he said rolling his eyes as he pulled away from the house.

     I tried to talk to him about other stuff to get his mind off of his dad which I think I did because he started to smile more. We arrived at a very nice restaurant where two valets opened the car doors for each of us. They both had on red polo shirts and khakis. I watched as Willie tossed the keys at the valet who had opened the door for him as he hopped in. He walked up to me and put his arm around my shoulders and I just had to smile. The restaurant was by a beach which I absolutely loved. When I moved out and got my own place, I wanted it to be by the beach. It was something that I had wanted since I was a little girl. To wake up to the screeching noise of seagulls, the sun beaming through my windows as I made breakfast, and watching the waves crash together while I walked along the beach seemed like paradise to me. We walked in and a waiter plastered on a smile immediately leading us to our table. I guess he already knew who Willie was. While we walked to our table, I took in the atmosphere.

      It was a beachy theme to go with the beach outside. I felt so comfortable here for some reason. Fortunately, we got a table outside as if I was already at my dream house. People were out there enjoying themselves or eating their food like us. Willie pulled out my chair for me and I smiled at him as I sat down. He helped me scoot in and proceeded to sit down across from me.

"Someone will be with you very soon, Mr. Travis" he said giving us each a menu.

     Willie nodded and the waiter walked away. I still looked at him in awe. He looked up from his menu at me and smiled.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"N-Nothing. Nothing at all. This is...amazing!" I gushed.

     He smiled.

"I'm glad you like it" he said.

"I love it" I said looking around.

     Another waiter approached us and this time it was a woman.

"Hi, my name is Renee. I'll be your waiter for today. Can I start you off with some drinks?" she asked pulling out a notepad and pens.

"I'll have some lemonade" I responded.

"Me too" Willie said still looking through the menu.

"Alrighty! Do you need more time to find out what you want to eat?" she asked.

"Oh yeah" I said picking my menu up.

     The scenery was so beautiful that I had almost forgotten where we were. Willie rolled his eyes and smiled at how amazed I was. The waitress nodded and turned away.

"How...How in the world did you find this place?" I asked.

"I like this beach and one day I was just walking and I found this place. I thought one day, I might come here and thought today might be a good oppurtunity" he answered.

"So you haven't been here before either?" I asked.

"Nope" he said. "But now I think I might come here more often"

     I nodded and returned my attention back to the menu. The rest of the dinner was terrific. The food was amazing and after we finished eating, the sky turned a beautiful mixture of orange and pink. Willie suggested that we go take a walk on the beach which I gladly agreed to. There were less people on the beach acting crazy so it was much more peaceful. We left our shoes by the restaurant where everyone else's were and walked along the beach. The warm breeze kept my hair out of my face and felt so nice against my skin. The rough sand brushed against the bottom of our feet and I was practically in heaven.

     We didn't even talk most of the time. We didn't have to. The breathtaking moment did it all for us. The moment seemd perfect enough to kiss but I decided against it. I wasn't in a rush and apparently, he wasn't either. I didn't look at him as the delinquent who got in trouble all of the time. He was sensitive and sweet. It was a nice feeling to have and I certainly wasn't thinking so hard about Jacquees and his relationship anymore. Willie drove me back home and it was 6 oclock which shows how caught up we were.

"Did you have fun?" he asked as he pulled up to my house.

     Of course I nodded. Today was probably one of the best times I've had in a long time since...ever!

"Thank for today" I smiled.

"You're very welcome, beautiful" he said causing me to blush.

     I leaned over and gave him a hug. I looked at him once more before I got out of the car.

"We should go out again sometime" he called after me.

      I turned around and smiled.

"Yeah, we should. Text me, okay?"

     He nodded and left. I still had this very bubbly feeling in my stomach and it was all because of him...it was a good feeling.