Chapter Thirteen

I finally arrived at my house. My mom's car wasn't in the driveway so I knew she wasn't home. I had just finished telling Lyric everything that had occured today when we pulled up and she looked amazed.

"Wow...I-I-I don't know what to say Nic. Maybe it wasn't meant to be after all. Are you sure that was him who texted that. You don't wanna jump into conclusions" she said.

"That's what I thought until I saw the hug! That confirmed everything: the text that said that he wants to get back with her, the text that said that he was sorry-"

"But what about the text that called you a trick. If he called you that, he wouldn't have tried to talk to you today in the parking lot"
"Yeah but-"

"Talk to him, Nic. And if you guys make up, then good. If you don't..."

     I had to sit back in think about it. I was totally sure that what Keyana told me was true. What other explaination was there for what he did? We were getting along so well before any of this occured. So what the hell happened? As much as I hate to think this, I almost regret breaking up with Dre. After all, Jacquees had been one of the many reasons why I was even questiong me and Dre's relationship. This was one of the moments when I wish life had a rewind button. Just to get away from all of this hectic shit!

"All right, Lyric, thanks for the ride" I said giving her a hug.

"Your welcome. Talk to him" she said hugging me back.

     We ended our hug and I exited the car.

"Maybe" I said and shut the door.

     I took out the spare key that my mother gave me and I could hear Lyric pulling off. I accidentally dropped the keys. As I picked them up, I looked up and standing in front of me with the same sorrowful look that he had today was Jacquees.

                                                                                          *******

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I stood back up. "Actually how did you find out where I live?"

"I wanted to talk to you and I followed you and Lyric a little bit after you left school"

"Well, I guess it was a waste of time because I don't want to talk to you"
"Nicole, let me explain"

"No, Jacquees! You explained everything in those texts that you sent Keyana"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. That wasn't me!" he protested.

"Yes it was! The texts showed that those messages were sent on Saturday night and the time thosse messages were sent was after I left the fair. It's all confirmed and I want nothing to do with you now"

"No! Those texts were from some other nigga that she's messing with. She switched the names! I saw it myself"

"WOW!!! You'll just say anything to save your ass, huh? You called me a fucking trick, Que! How does that shit work? You steal a kiss from me at the fair and then you turn around and start talking to her about me behind my back? What do you take me for because I am not a fool or a hoe. So when you get your shit straight, then you can come talk to me"

     I turned away from him and put my key in the door. My hand was pushed away and I was turned around to face Jacquees pressed up against the door. He put his hand up against the door above my head. He looked down for a minute and took a deep breath as if he was trying to figure out what to say. He looked back up at me.

"Nicole, I...I really like you, okay? I don't know what else I can say to convince you that I did not say those things but I swear that I didn't. I would never call you that. The last thing I would ever want to do is play with your emotions because you're better than that. You don't deserve to be played with. You're different than Keyana or any other girl I've ever been around. I told you that. I'm never gonna find someone like you. And that kiss was just to sum everything up that I'm saying to you now...I want you"

     My heart almost stopped. I looked up at him astonished. He wants me? I was actually starting to believe him. Part of me wanted to be with him too. Everything was happening too fast yet it was almost perfect.

"And if you still don't want anything to do with me after this, that's fine. I just had to tell you that before you got the wrong idea" he finished.

     His hand slid off of the door and he took one last deep breath.

"Well, I'm gonna go. Just think about it atleast"

     All the thoughts that were running through my mind were either telling me to forgive him or be with him.

"I don't need to think about it" I said

"So what's it gonna be then?"

     All of a sudden, I pulled him down by his neck and kissed his soft, cotton-like lips. I got the same feeling that I had when we kissed at the fair. Butterflies in my stomach and the world closing in around us. I could feel him kissing me back and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt like I could kiss him forever but he pulled away from me with a smile on his face.

"I guess that answers my question" he joked.

     We both laughed.

"So now what?" I said.

     Before Jacquees could respond, we heard a car approaching: A red Buick.

"I'd like to tell you but I don't want your mom to kill me for coming over here"

     We laughed again and he gave me a goodbye kiss. He jogged over to his car, entered it, and left. My mom pulled up into the driveway soon afterward. And suddenly, my day that was so full of madness and anger soon turned into a day filled with joy and romance. Everything for once seemed to be okay.