Chapter Forty-Nine

It's been a week already and Willie still hasn't contacted me. The day that he found out what I did, he told me that he wasn't ready to talk right then. I thought that meant that he would try to talk to me later. I was practically losing sleep over it. Jacquees and I decided to keep it to ourselves that we were back together. If we did tell others, people might get the idea that we are the reason why Willie got pissed (even though we are). As I walked out of history class, I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I turned around and saw the lady that had been in the main office when I first came here.

"Someone is here to pick you up for lunch. I'm gonna need you to sign out for me, please" she said.

     I nodded and followed her into her office. I didn't know who could possibly be signing me out right now. My mom usually has lunch at work so it couldn't have been her. I walked inside and saw Willie sitting in one of the waiting chairs in the office with his fist pressed against his lips and he stared at the ground like he was in deep thought. He briefly looked up at me and quickly looked away making me feel like an even more messed up person for what I did. But it was for love! What was so wrong about that? Plus, it was better that I had told him sooner than for him to find out some other way or for him to actually get his feelings involved and then find out. The woman handed me a clipboard and I signed out on it. WIllie got up as I gave the clipboard back to her and I followed him out of the school and into his car. I could see how pissed he was making me decide on whether I should say anything or not. I would be pissed too after all if I were him. He did all of this really nice stuff for me and probably thinks that I took it for granted but I really cared about him.

"Willie...I really didn't want to hurt you" I finally said.

     He slowly looked over at me and gave me a look like that was the dumbest thing that he had ever heard.

"How did you think I would react to this, Nic?" he asked looking straight into my eyes.

     I couldn't look at him as I looked down into my lap and fumbling with my fingertips.

"I...I really don't know" I mumbled.

     He scoffed and looked away from me and out of his window.

"It's just fucked up, Nicole" he said shaking his head.

"Willie, I really am sorry. I just-"

"I know. You were still in love with him. But you didn't fuck up just our relationship. What about him and Janay? How do you think she feels knowing that he left her to be with you?"

"...I don't know"

"Like a piece of shit is the answer you're looking for" he said still looking away from me.

"I was selfish, okay? I was just thinking about myself and what I wanted. I should've been more courteous and thoughtful and again, I'm really sorry for hurting you. But I do care about you, Willie. I don't want you to think that I don't"

"I didn't"

"So why are you talking to me like I'm the worst person in the world?"

"You're not. Nic, if I thought all of those things do you think that I would come over here to try and talk to you? I care about you too and in spite of everything, I'm not trying to cut you out of my life completely over one-"

     Suddenly, his eyes looked over at my window. I followed his gaze and saw Jacquees and Tre walking out of the school. I could feel his anger from next to me. I heard the car door open and saw him getting out.

"Willie, don't!" I called after him.

     But it was too late. He slammed the door behind him and started to charge toward the two. I heavily sighed and got out rushing over to them. Willie approached Jacquees and roughly pushed him.