Chapter Forty-Seven

I had been home for about an hour since the party so it was probably over by now. I can honestly say that I've had the best time of my life in a while. I got to let go and have fun with my new boyfriend and friends. Jacquees enjoyed his birthday and my present so that's good too. My mom said that something came up at work and she might have to stay out a little late tonight but I didn't mind. Replaying the events of today would keep me entertained while she was gone. I also wondered what was going on with Janay and Jacquees right now. Did they end up having sex? Suddenly, the doorbell rang invading my thoughts. My mom had told me not to answer the door while she was gone but I couldn't help but wonder who would be knocking on our door at this time of night. 

     I rolled off of my bed and look out of my window to see Jacquees' car! What was he doing here? Did something happen? I walked to the front door and opened it to see Jacquees standing in front of me with a nervous look on his face as he rapidly tapped his foot. I was curious as to why he was here and even more curious as to why he looked so worried. I stepped to the side letting him in and locked the door behind me. We went into my room and I shut the door behind us locking it as well. I hopped on my bed sitting up and he sat down next to me. He looked as if he wanted to say something but didn't know how.

"I...I'm not ready to let go of you yet, Nicole" he finally said.

     The words echoed in my head like screams in a tunnel. He wasn't ready to let go of me? I thought we had already gotten over this. We were both in relationships now so the time for getting back together is long gone. But I'm assuming that he and Janay didn't have sex after all.

"What are you talking about, Jacquees?" I asked.

     He took my hands in his.

"I broke up with Janay today' I said.

     I was surprised. He and Janay were perfect. What could've possibly happened?

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing. She was trying to have sex with me and I stopped her"

"Why?" I asked in a confused way.

"I just...couldn't do it. You were all that I thought about" he said giving me a slight smile.

     I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Que, I...we can't...I'm with Willie now" I said not being able to think of anything else to say.

     I did still have feelings for Jacquees but I thought that he was over us which is why he got with Janay. Then Willie made me forget about everything for the better. 

"You don't really like him, do you?" he sarcastically laughed.

     But my face remained serious. I did like Willie. He was sweet and treated me like a queen.

"I do like him, Que. Why else would I be going out with him?"

"As a filler for me"

"Oh, don't flatter yourself. I got over us. That's why I went out with him. You can't just expect me to throw him away like trash just because you broke up with Janay. And that's what confuses me: you got a girlfriend right after we broke up. You moved on long before I did"

"No I didn't. I always was still in love with you. Then tonight when I read your birthday card-"

"Que, I did mean what I wrote but I didn't mean it in that way! You're a really good friend. That's it"

     Suddenly he leaned over and started to kiss me gently and passionately. I had missed his kisses. His lips were so soft and...wait, what was I thinking? I was with Willie, not him. I pulled away from Jacquees by pressing my hands up against his chest.