Chapter Forty-Six

My mother pulled up next to Jacquees' house. It was way bigger than my house and it was clearly a mansion. Even my mother was in awe.

"Wow, Jacquees is really living it up, huh?" she said.

     I nodded in agreement. I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on the handles of the gift bag and looked inside to make sure both the album and card were in there. They were.

"You tell him that I said Happy Birthday, ok?"

     I nodded again and gave her a slight smile.

"I'll see you at 10:30 then" I said.

"I'll call you when I get here"

"Okay"

"Okay, baby. Have fun!"

"I will" I replied and I got out of the car shutting the door behind me.

     I approached the large house and could hear music booming from the inside. I hesitantly rang the door bell and anxiously waited for someone to arrive at the door. The door finally opened and the noise from inside sharpened. Jacquees stood there with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, Nic!" he beamed as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Hey! Happy Birthday!" I said hugging him back.

     He released me and I gave him his present.

"Thanks" he said as he stepped to the side to let me in the house.

"My mom says Happy Birthday too" I said making my way inside.

"Well tell her thank you" he smiled.

     I walked in and was instantly in love with the inside. Everything seemed so elegant if you took away the colorful flashing lights, the music, and the teenagers who were grinding up on each other. There was even a pool out back. Had I known, I would've brought a bathing suit. But now that I think of it, I don't trust that some of the other people in there didn't already do something disgusting like peeing or something worse. There were colorful balloons everywhere held down by a weight that was carved into the number 18 each one a different color and there was even a DJ! He was messing around with his computer with one hand and had his other hand on the side of his headsets bobbing his head. I could tell by all of the decorations that the theme was graffiti and it looked pretty cool.

     Jacquees beckoned for me to follow him to the huge table full of a ton of other presents. I was still praying to God that none of then was the Chris Brown album. Next to that table was a large cake that had the number 18 written several times along the sides in different fonts. In the middle, it said "Happy Birthday, Que" and it had a very nice picture of him in the middle. I always did wonder how cake makers managed to do that.

"Where's your dad at?" I asked.

"He decided to go to work and spend the night in his office. I told him that he could just stay in the guest house and I would come get him when the party was over but he insisted" Jacquees said rolling his eyes.

     I shrugged. Suddenly, Chief Keef's "No Tomorrow" came on. Jacquees smiled at  me.

"Well, you go ahead and enjoy yourself. I gotta turn up!" he said making his way for the dance floor.

     I shook my head and laughed. I walked around still in awe about everything. My eyes landed on the kitchen and I saw some punch. I walked over to go get some. As I used the large spoon to put some of the punch in my plastic cup, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and saw Janay. She looked stunning. She had on a red off the shoulder shirt and a black pencil skirt. Her hair was still in its little bob and she had on some smokey make-up. Why was I gushing over her all of the time?!