Chapter Forty-Eight

I just thought that I would let you guys know that Someone Like You is unfortunately coming to an end soon but a new story will be written and I'll publish some chapters on the same day that Someone Like You ends so that you don't have to wait. But I just wanted suggestions as to who you would like my next book to be about. And no, there will not be a sequel to Someone Like You in case you were wondering. Anyway, the story is getting juicy so I'll let you get to it. Enjoy! -Bailey

The entire day was nerve racking for me. Thank God Willie was suspended because I couldn't bear to see his face all day knowing what I did to him. Jacquees said he would go with me at the end of the day to talk to Willie but I told him not to. I didn't want him to get punched on the spot and have me be in the middle of it all. Now was the time where I had to talk to him. I had texted him in last period telling him to wait for me by the picnic tables and texted my mom and lied telling her that my teacher was holding me up again. I got my stuff out of my locker and made what seemed like the longest trip ever over to the picnic tables. I saw him on his phone and when he saw me, his face lit up making me feel even more guilty about my actions. It was weird how I felt completely fine when Jacquees were having sex and now all of my guilt came crashing in and it was so overwhelming. He got up and made his way over to me. I gave a faint smile and we hugged. We sat at the picnic table and didn't talk for a while.

"What's on your mind, babe?" Willie asked as he grabbed my hand squeezing it.

I fought back the tears that were building up in the back of my eyes.

"I...I wanna break up" I finally said.

He cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"Okay, that's cool but did I do something wrong?" he asked.

"No, you're...perfect! I just...I did something..." I said looking away from his face.

I was so scared of how he would react to what I was about to say. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see him run his hand over his face as if he was worried about what I was going to say or as if he had a good idea of what it was.

"What did you do, Nicole?" he asked.

I took a deep breath and got ready to say it.

"I want you to remember that I really do care about you and I don't want you to hate me"

"Yeah okay. What'd you do?" he asked rushing me.

"I...I cheated on you" I finally said.

He really didn't have a reaction which probably meant that he did expect me to say that.

"What do you mean you cheated?" he asked.

"I mean I slept with somebody else" I said.

There was beauty behind that statement because I had slept with someone who I was in love with but saying it to Willie made me seem like...a slut! He shook his head and scoffed looking away from me. It was almost as if he was disgusted by me now.

"Who is he?" he asked still looking away from me.

I chose not to say anything about that. I would sound really trifling if I had told him that I had slept with his friend, my ex who I think is my boyfriend again. But I knew he knew who it was as he buried his face in his hands.

"Willie...I swear I didn't wanna hurt you. My emotions just came flooding in at once and I-"

Before I could finish, Willie got a sudden burst of anger and flipped the table over! I jumped up and everybody looked over in our direction. I knew that Willie could get mad easily but I never would've pictured this as his reaction. His veins popped out of his arms and he was beginning to scare me. His chest was heaving up and down. He ran his fingers through his curls as if he was trying to figure out what to do next. He balled his hands up into fists and closed his eyes. I slowly walked up to him and touched his arm, as he quickly jerked away from me.

"I can't...I can't talk to you right now" he finally said.

"Willie, I-"

"Don't! Please just don't" he said shaking his head and storming away from me.

I knew it took him a lot not to do anything more. I can't say that I understood his pain because I certainly didn't. He's probably thinking that I'm a horrible person all around but I'm not. I just got into my feelings again. At least I had the decency to tell him what happened, right? I watched as he got into his red Mustang and quickly sped off. I kept my head down to avoid eye contact with anyone as I made my way for my mother's car. I hopped in and my mom looked at me. I was praying to God that she would just drive and leave me alone for today. Just for today!

"What was that noise? I heard a loud bang and all of the students-"

"Nothing happened, Mom. Can you just...please take me home?"

She shrugged and pulled away from the school.