Chapter Thirty-Two

It was the end of school today. It was also Monday so I was more than ready to get home and go to bed already. However, I was really upset that I still had a great load of school work to do so that might intrude on my desired nap. I looked at my phone and my mom had sent me a text saying that she was running a little late but she was a few minutes away from the school. I rolled my eyes at the screen still very pissed about what happened on Saturday. I was still in disbelief about how she had attempted to ruin mine and Jacquees' relationship. Speaking of Jacquees, he still hasn't responded to any of my texts or phone calls.

     I really wanted to confess my feelings for him. I saw Tre walk out of the school with his bag latched onto his shoulder. I stopped him on his way out.

"Hey, Tre"

"Oh...hey, Nicole"

     That was weird. Tre was usually all enthusiastic and funny. So why did he seem so upset, or maybe it was just me. But what could I have possibly done to make him get mad at me. I tried to dismiss my thoughts.

"Um, have you seen Jacquees around? I've been trying to get in contact with him but-"

"He's over there" Tre sighed as he nudged his head in the direction of Jacquees' car with Jacquees leaned up against it.

     For some reason, Jacquees looked away from me when I looked over at him. Maybe something was wrong with him. I guess he still picked up Tre from school even though he was suspended. Tre began to walk over to the car and I walked next to him. I approached Jacquees with a smile. He was scrolling through his phone which seemed pretty weird to me given the fact that I had been trying to contact him since yesterday. Tre shrugged his shoulders at Jacquees (which was also very strange to me) and got into the passenger side of the car. I turned my attention back to Jacquees watching as he slid his phone in the front pocket of his sweatpants.

"Hey!" I finally said.

"Sup" he said looking at the ground.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm straight..." he said again.

     Why was he acting so distant? It was like he didn't want to talk to me.

"I see you have your phone"

"Yeah"

"Did you see my calls and texts?"

"Yeah"

"...so when were you gonna decide that you wanted to talk to me?" I asked.

"Look, is there a point to this conversation?" he sighed.

      I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Who in the hell was he talking to? What did I do that was so wrong to make him talk to me like he has no sense?

"Why are you being an ass?" I said stepping closer to him.

"You know, Nic, I was really feeling you...I really was" 

"Was? What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you're fucking up and I'm starting not to feel you anymore"

     I didn't get it. Everything seemed fine with us when he left on Saturday. Had he let Dre get to him?

"Que, where is this coming from?" I asked in shock.

"That goddamn kiss between you and ol' dude" he said nearly yelling.

     I was speechless. How did he know about that? Did he follow us? Was he at Starbucks and he saw us? Did he hear from somebody else? My surprised expression must have showed on my face.