Chapter Thirty-Five

Decided to post two chapters this time to show my thanks for 10k reads! It means a lot you guys! Enjoy! Love you all!

                                                                                                                                                                        -Bailey

     It's been three days already. I've been staying at home for those three days too. I lied and told my mom that it was a bad stomach ache but the only thing that really ached was my heart. Only someone in my shoes can undertand the pain and embarrassment I feel for having told Jacquees that I'm in love with him and him not saying it back. So why do I still have feelings for a guy like that? So cruel and careless towards me and my feelings. I had my face buried into my pillow while I was curled up in bed under my covers. All I could do is replay everything in my head that happened at McDonalds and each time was painful. Suddenly, my mom came into my room.

"Hon, you feeling any better?" she asked with a worried look.

     I nodded and removed my face from the pillow to look at her. She walked over to my bed and sat next to me stroking my head.

"How are you and Jacquees?" she asked.

     I just laid there for a minute and closed my eyes trying to fight the tears back. Then, I just simply shook my head at her. She sighed.

"Nic, I'm sorry"

     I shrugged. I really didn't feel like saying anything right about now.

"Well, you fall in love more than once so don't feel so down about it. If it works out then, it works out!" she smiled as I smiled back slightly. "But I just came in here to check up on you. Feel better, okay?" she said moving her hand to my cheek.

     I nodded with another small smile and she exited the room closing the door behind her. My phone suddenly vibrated. I picked it up from my nightstand and looked at the screen. It was another text from Jacquees to add to the fifty others that he had sent me telling me that he was sorry and begging me to talk with him. Not to mention the many phone calls. This text said If you don't talk to me, I'll have to make you...

     I rolled my eyes and set my phone back down. I just couldn't face him after what he said to me. It was almost like he was a different person possessed with some asshole spirit or something. I tried to take my mind off of it all by attempting to take yet another nap. However, it was interrupted when my mother came into my room.

"Nicole, I'm sorry that I had to come in here again but Jacquees is outside"

     My eyes widened. I guess Jacquees didn't play around when it came to getting what he wanted. I rolled my eyes and propped myself up on my elbows.

"I don't want to talk to him" I said plainly.

     My mother sighed and leaned up against my doorframe with an annoyed look.

"Nic, get out there and talk to him. He really cares about you"

"No he doesn't, Mom, trust me"

"Well, he's here, right? I mean, he didn't just come here to have more of my chicken" she smirked.

"Mom-"

"Nicole, this boy was your world. Now I don't know what happened and frankly I don't want to know. All I know is that whatever happened probably isn't worth ruining your relationship over. Just talk to him. You might feel better"