Chapter Fifty

So my mom finally decided to take me off of punishment early. She claims that she's gained her trust for me again. I thought that was stupid because I think that she could have trusted me a long time ago after she grounded me. But I don't care. I didn't waste any time calling Jacquees to tell him to pick me up. He took me to his house and it looked pretty different now that the party decorations weren't up anymore but it looked much more elegant and...regal! Jacquees' father and my mother definitely had different tastes. My mom was more for the funky and colorful look while Jacquees' house seemed like that of a king's. He led me up to his room and it contrasted immensely from the rest of the house. It was strangely clean for a boy's room or maybe he had cleaned it up a little before he brought me over.

     He had posters of some of his favorite artists on the walls and he had a large fish tank right next to his bed full of fish of different sizes and colors. I would love to wake up to that every day! I turned my attention to his flat screen television where several gold chains hung from the corners of it. He had a different gold chain around his neck almost every day and I guess that answered my question as to how many he had...a lot! I looked over my shoulder and saw his closet. I didn't even pay attention to any of the clothes that were hung up in there because the shoes were taking over. I thought my mom had more shoes than anybody but Jacquees takes the cake. I was just guessing here but I think he had about 65 pairs of Jordans in there! Then I began to notice all of his Nikes. There was no doubt that my boyfriend was a sneakerhead.

     His carpet was a dark shade of beige which were accompanied by his black walls. His bed sheets were a dark blue with some crazy design on them in thin silver lining. It was a very nice room and I somewhat envied how he made it into his own. My room is nice but I would like to customize it myself. The only things in there that are my own style are my clothes. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist causing me to smile. I looked up at him and he gently kissed me. I felt so much better being back with him. I was still worried about Willie though and how he had reacted the other day about the situation with Jacquees and I. He claimed that he forgave me but I was still unsure about that mainly because I have seen or talked to him in the past two days. There was no doubt that I wanted to be with Jacquees but I still wanted Willie and I to be friends.

"What are you thinking about?" Jacquees asked me.

     I must not have noticed that I was zoned out. I shook my head giving him a small smile.

"Nah, for real. What were you thinking about?" he asked releasing me.

     I sighed heavily.

"Just...the whole Willie situation and-" I was interrupted with Jacquees' large sigh of annoyance.

     He threw his hands in the air plopping down on his bed. He rested his elbows on his knees putting his face in his hands.

"What about him, Nicole?" he asked.

     I got on the bed as well crawling to a spot behind him wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Baby, I don't want you to be mad at me but I really do care about him. He was really pissed the other day. Maybe you should...talk to him" I said flinching at his possible response.

"What is it with you and Tre trying to get me to talk to him? I apologized to him and he called it bullshit"

"C'mon, Que. Even I couldn't sense any sincerity in your voice when you supposedly apologized to him"

"Well, it was very sincere"

"So let him know that. Have you tried to reach out to him since that day?" I asked.