Chapter Seventeen

I locked my bedroom door behind me and angrily jumped onto my bed and spent about 3 minutes bashing in my pillow to get rid of all of my anger. How could she be so cold? What excuse could she have possibly had for leaving her daughter and husband in Georgia while she went to go live the high life here in L.A.? When I regained my composure, I then thought about who I could call for something like this. I couldn't call Lyric. This stuff was way to deep for her to know about. Then I remembered: Tammy. I scrolled through my contacts as I heard my mother open and slam her door. I clicked on Tammy's contact and put the phone up to my ear. She picked up.

"Well, well, well" she said into the phone.

"Hey, Tam" I said in a laugh.

"So we have a lot to catch up on. Starting with that fair. What happened?"

"You were right..." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" she asked jokingly.

"I said you were right, okay? He kissed me"

"WOW! Wait, you never did tell me what this guy's name was..."

"Oh, Jacquees" I responded.

"Okay, got it. And what happened the next time you guys saw each other?"

"He didn't show up the next day until dismissal but he has this ex named Keyana and she showed me these text messages from him to her calling me a trick and that he wants her back"

"What?"

"Yeah, I was hurt. Then I saw him at dismissal, he was hugging her which confirmed all of it in my eyes. He saw that I caught him hugging her and tried to talk to me but I ignored him and got a ride home from my friend, Lyric. He followed us and explained the hug. Turns out that Keyana was talking to some else in those texts and switched the names"

"Oh my gosh, this chick sounds trifling!"

"She is! So then me and him got back on good terms and today I beat her up because I was still pissed"

"NIC! You changed, girl!"

"She was trying to sabotage my friendship with him! I had to do something! So I got detention for the rest of the week"

"What did Jacquees have to say about you defending his honor" she teased.

"Well, he intentionally got detention so that he could be around me" I said as I even began to blush at the thought of what he did. "And we go out now!"

"That's great! Oh wait, what did Mommy have to say about the fight?"

"Yeah, here we go. She was VERY upset about it. Then she had the nerve to bring Jacquees into it because she knew that I did for him and called him a motherfucker!"

"Whoa! That must have pissed you off. What'd you say?"

"I just bashed her! I told her that she wouldn't know about sacrificing for the people who you care about because she gave up on Dad the first chance she could"

"Okay, Nic. I was with you up to now. You could've really hurt her by saying that"

"By saying the truth?"

"By making her feel like a shitty mom"

"She is!"

"Yeah, the same shitty mom who flew you out there to L.A.? The only reason why you and this guy met? She could've left you in Georgia with me and my mom but she chose to bring you over there because she loves you and wants to bond with you. Maybe to make up for the Mommy & Daughter moments you always wanted as a little girl. I doubt that she's interested now that you gave her the impression that there's nothing that she can do to rebuild your relationship"