A Drunken Mistake

By xxborntostandoutxx

Katy Taylor is that girl you see walking down the corridor, head hanged low, trying desperatley not to draw a... More

A Drunken Mistake - Katys Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - 'I need to find whoever drew this picture.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'a feeling in my gut that something amazing just started.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'I'm not going to rush her; I'm going to fix her.'
A Drunken Mistake - Its ok, my secrets safe, and now no one will figure it out.
A Drunken Mistake - "from the monsters"
A Drunken Mistake - I guess this is what loves feels like
A Drunken Mistake - Sending My Heart Soaring Once Again
A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.
A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"
A Drunken Mistake - Mummy, I'm so sorry
A Drunken Mistake - Oh S**t!
A Drunken Mistake - I could never bear the thought of losing her
A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I've found her
A Drunken Mistake - ...I know I could stay here forever
A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I can't lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I'm slowly going to die here.
A Drunken Mistake - I also want him to remember me
A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now
A Drunken Mistake - Oh. My. Baby
A Drunken Mistake - Here comes story time...
A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."
A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment
A Drunken Mistake - ...I honestly can't wait until it's my turn.
A Drunken Mistake - And all that will be worth the pain we're suffering now.
A Drunken Mistake - ...the one I will hang onto forever.
A Drunken Mistake - This isn't going to go well...
A Drunken Mistake- "Miss me princess..."
A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"
A Drunken Mistake - I don't want to lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.
A Drunken Mistake - And I will retrieve it.
A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.
A Drunken Mistake - I love you too.
A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy
A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"
A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."
A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.
A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"
A Drunken Mistake - Here we go.
A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.
A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.
A Drunken Mistake - Here's to the future.

A Drunken Mistake - "I will never forget you lot, never!"

3K 83 6
By xxborntostandoutxx

Ok, I know it's taken me a while to write this and for that I'm really sorry!

I knew where it was going though, I came up with all of it in spanish class, Dr Graham isn't too happy with me! wooppss!!

It just took a little time to find time to actually sit down with me laptop and to write this chapter!

But it is 9 pages on word!!

So let me know what you think as always! Vote and comment please!

Thank you!! :)

Enjoy!! <3 :)

 'A thousand words won't bring you back, I know because I've tried; neither will a million tears, I know because I've cried.'

Katy’s POV

One week, that’s it, seven measly days.

That’s all the time I have left here, left here in the busy city of London.

If you had told me a couple of months ago that I was moving to America, I honestly don’t think I would’ve of cared. There was nothing tying me to this place, nothing here for me to miss.

But that was a couple of months ago, back when I had nothing to live for.

Now every time I think of my life in America, it’s like someone’s stabbing me in the heart, this gut wrenching pain spreads through my body and I feel sick to my stomach.

I can’t bear the thought of it, the thought of not being here no more.

And it’s all because of a boy.

This one amazing, charming, sweet, down to earth guy is the reasoning to the pain I feel when I imagine America.

It’s not the thought of leaving London, or even England for that matter, that gives me the ache I feel, it’s the thought of leaving him, of being on a different side of the world to him.

It’s like my heart can’t bear the thought of being away from him, of being away from Dylan.

It didn’t help that he didn’t take the news well when I told him about it all, not that I ever expected him to.

At first, he was shocked. Opening and closing his speechless mouth like a tropical fish. The next emotion was anger, plain and simple red hot anger. He screamed and he shouted and he made every single death threat imaginable in the name of Michael and Sarah. Then it was hope as he made up different ways I could get away from them, coming up with different runaway plans. And then after that was the crushing disappointment as he realised not a single one of them would work.

We couldn’t run away, I know we couldn’t. Michael would find us in an instant, acting as the concerned and caring foster father to the police, putting on a big show of it. Then after I was found, the punishment for running away would be too much for me to handle and I couldn’t take that.

I couldn’t tell the police either, they wouldn’t believe me. Michael has this way of charming people, to completely make them fall under his charm and to believe every single piece of bulls**t that comes sprouting out of his mouth.

And then there’s Sarah, who’s equally as charming, but also has the seduction factor. She could sleep with any guy to get her way, and every single one would crumble under her touch, giving her anything it is that she desires.

And Michael doesn’t even care that she does it, as long as it gets what they want. How do you think what they do to me has gone unnoticed for so long by social workers.

There’s no hope in this case, that’s that, I’m going to America.

Dylan’s POV

One week, that’s it, seven measly days.

That’s all the time left that she has here, all the time she has left with me.

I can’t accept yet that she’s leaving; my heart won’t allow me to believe it. But every time I catch a tiny thought of it, every time I think of my life without her, I can feel my heart shatter piece by piece.

What am I meant to do when she’s not here, how am I meant to go on. I know that sounds over dramatic, but believe me that’s how it feels, that my life won’t be able to go on when she’s not here with me.

I tried to get her to run away with me, tried to get her to go to the police. But for every argument I put forward, she always had a counter argument on exactly how it wouldn’t work.

She accepted a long time ago that this was her life, and that whatever Michael and Sarah say is law, there’s no way to change her mind now.

So that’s it, in one week the girl I’m desperately in love with will be moving hundreds of thousands of miles away from me, to the other side of the world.

Just simply thinking that makes me feel sick, makes me want to scream in frustration or break something into even smaller pieces than my heart is breaking.

So for every day that moves pass in lightning speed, I’m starting to cherish. Every time she laughs, I’m saving it to the back of my mind for when I need it. And every time we kiss, I’m saving the exact feeling I get when her lips meet mine; saving the way my heart speeds up when she kisses me back.

I’m trying to memorise her face, every last little detail of it.

Like the way her eyes twinkle when she laughs too much, or the way that when she smiles only one dimple appears. I’m memorising the way her hair shines in the light and how it smells of vanilla, the way it falls softly down her back and the way it feels under my touch.

I’m memorising the exact feel of her hand when it’s trapped in mine, the way it feels so soft and so right to have it there.

I’m memorising all of it, every last little detail and saving them for all the times that I’m going to need it most.

And I hope and pray that she’s doing the same for me.

I just hope over and over that when she goes over there, that she won’t forget me. That she won’t meet some American guy that’s charming to her and slowly work his way into her life. I don’t want to be replaced.

I want to be the only guy that ever makes her feel that way forever and always.

But if she does, if she meets someone that makes her feel that same way that I make her feel, then I guess I won’t have a choice but to let her go right?

Because what’s that saying again… ‘If you love someone, let them go. If they come back then they’re yours forever, if they don’t then they never were to begin with.’

That’s the saying I’ll have to go by if she comes back with some American hanging off her arm, telling me to meet her new boyfriend.

As the image of her with another man runs through my head, I feel another piece of my heart fall off and shatter, another piece lost forever.

Oh god Katy, what have you done to me!

Before all this, before her, I went through life just simply not giving a crap. I didn’t care about anyone or anything; the only thing I ever even remotely had any desire for was art and nothing else.

My parents made me a closed book, somehow in their evil deeds had managed to cage my heart up behind a brick wall, with no hole for any feeling to get through.

That’s why I had all those girls, the easy ones, the ones that didn’t take any encouraging. All I had to do was say what I wanted from them and they would come running to my every need, thinking somewhere in the back of their minds that I actually cared about them.

Safe to say before all this I was kind of a b***ard.

But she got through that brick wall, without even trying she smashed it down. And now I feel everything that’s happening.

I feel the way that she kisses me, how it sets me alight with every touch. I feel it when she smiles as it speeds up my heart and makes me feels happy back. And now I feel the pain when I think of her on the other side of the world, laughing and joking and kissing some American guy.

But I have to accept that it’s happening, there’s nothing I can do.

That’s it, Katy’s moving to America.

It’s Saturday today, two days in counting now before she leaves.

Every day since I found out, I’ve been taking her out and spending time with her. I need to make the best of all the time I have.

I took her to the fare they had in the centre of London, and rode the ferries wheel until she felt sick. I took her to this fancy restaurant I’d heard about, and spoiled her for the night.  I took her back to the place of our first date, decorating it the exact same as I did that night.

I’ve tried to spend every second with her that I can get, and today is no exception.

I pull up slightly down from her house like I always do, and see her climb down gracefully from her bedroom window.

She runs over to my car, a hundred watt smile spreading across her face as she climbs into the passenger seat.

“Hey,” she smiles to me, “and where is it that we’re going today?”

“Ah, you know the drill by now, it’s a secret. You’ll find out when we get there.”

She sighs softly; knowing there was no way I would give in and tell her.

My hands start clamming up as we start the drive, panic surging through me as the thought of her not liking it kicks in.

Oh god please let her like it.

The drive is silent, but a comfortable silence. Both of us just too lost in thought to talk.

We arrive less than half an hour later.

I glance over at Katy as we sit in the cemetery car park, before us the place where her family is buried.

You see I did a little research to find this place, thinking that she would want to say goodbye to them before she leaves the country.

She sits there looking confused as to why we’re here.  Doesn’t she know this is where they’re buried?

“Why are we here?” she asks, looking seriously confused as to why I’ve bought her to a cemetery.

Oh my god, she doesn’t know they’re buried here.

“There just someone here I wanted to visit. You don’t mind do you?” I ask putting on an act. Boy this is going to be one hell of a surprise.

“No not at all,” she says smiling sadly at me.

We both get out the car at the same time and go to the boot to get out the four bouquets of flowers I bought for them.

We start the slow walk off over all the different graves, walking past loads of grieve stricken people.

Finally, we reach the place I’ve been looking for and there standing in front of us is four little graves.

R.I.P

David Andrew Taylor

13th of September 1961 – 22nd of August 2001

Great man, husband and father.

Forever shall he be missed.

R.I.P

Elizabeth Katherine Taylor

3rd of October 1964 – 22nd of August 2001

Devoted mother and wife forever in our hearts

Never will you be forgotten.

R.I.P

Jared Ashton Taylor

15th of July 1998 – 22nd of August 2001

Beloved son and brother.

Sleep tight little one.

R.I.P

Luke John Taylor

15th of July 1998 – 22nd of August 2001

Beloved son and brother

Sleep tight little one.

Katy stands in shock for a moment, staring silently at the graves before her. Her eyes well up with tears as she looks on at her family.

Finally she speaks, “How did you find this place,” she whispers through her tears.

“I did a little research; I thought you knew that this is where they were buried.”

“No I didn’t. I was in care when they did the funeral, they wouldn’t let me come. And then when I went over to Michael and Sarah, of course they never told me where they were. I just thought I would never properly get to say goodbye,” she whispers, walking up to her mother’s grave and stroking the words on it gently.

Katy’s POV

I can’t believe he did this, he found me my family. I finally know where they’re buried, I can finally say goodbye.

Tears silently stream down my face as I look at the before me, as I read the words written on them.

Dylan comes and stands behind me, handing me the bouquets of flowers that he must have brought for them. My god this boy is too sweet for words.

“Dylan, can have a minute, you know to say goodbye?” I ask looking sheepishly up at him, I just want to say goodbye.

“Yeah of course, I’ll just be over there.”

As he walks away, I sigh and turn back to look at the graves lying before me.

I sit down in front of them, looking at each one in turn.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t know sooner, that I haven’t been here before to see you guys. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to come say goodbye to you all.

Mum, I miss you so much it hurts sometimes. I miss the way you were there for everything, the way you never let me down. I wish with all my heart you were still here, to give me advice and to look after me. You see mum, I’ve met this guy. This boy that has made me happier than I’ve ever been, he makes me feel special. I so want to let him in mum, but I’m scared. I can’t lose anyone I’m close to; I can’t go through that again. And what if he hurts me, I don’t know if my heart could take that type of pain,” I sigh and turn to dad.

“Daddy, I miss you like crazy. I miss being your little princess, your little angel. I miss trips to the park and I miss bedtime stories, I miss everything about you dad. I wish you were here to protect me like you always did, to keep those monsters away from me. I know if you were here daddy, you would have taught them a serious lesson by now, I know it. I wish you were here to meet him daddy, to give him your approval like I know you would have, you would’ve loved him daddy, and he’s so charming,” then I turn to the twins.

“Hey little squirts, I miss you guys like mad. Even though you used to love to pull my hair, and your favourite activity would be to draw all over my Barbie’s, I loved you boys like crazy. I hope you’re being good up there, hope you’re not giving god too much grief, you know mum would give you a good talking too,” I smile at the thought of the twins running riot, “you would’ve loved Dylan guys, I know you would’ve. He would have taught you football Luke, just like you always wanted to learn. And he would’ve of watched all those action films that you loved with you Jared, gushing over all the gory bits just like you,

I miss you guys so much. I kept thinking when you died that you did it too leave me, Michael and Sarah encouraged that thought, but I know you didn’t. Dylan has made me see that. I know you guys loved me, I know you did. And I love you all so much it hurts to not have you around.

All this, all that has happened, well it was all a stupid drunken mistake. One that ended up with me without a family and the idiot that did it behind bars. And then it’s continued to be a drunken mistake, with them always lashing out through all the drink.

You see guys; I’m leaving in two days. I’m off to America. I don’t know when I’ll be back, when I can come see you again. But I will I promise. I’ll never forget you lot, never!”

  I stand up with a sigh and brush the dirt off my butt. The tears are starting to dry up now as I have none left to cry.

I’ve finally got a little closure, coming here and seeing their graves for myself, to see where exactly it is.

I will forever be thankful to Dylan for doing this for me, for being there for me.

And just like that, like a ton of bricks has fallen on top of me, I suddenly get the scariest yet greatest thought I’ve ever had in my life.

I, Katy Ann Taylor, am in love with Dylan James Thompson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 52.4K 43
I left him. I never thought in a million years I would be the one to walk, but I was. I left the man I was madly in love with, I had no idea where I...
399K 9.4K 45
Copyright Β© 2014 by casey pascoe. All rights reserved * * * One mistake and he is forced to spend one hour a day with her. Ugh. One mistake and sh...
6.5K 168 26
Julia gets in a terrible car crash that kills her family. Soon after she figures out her mother and father weren't her mother and father. She figures...
2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...