"It's All In The Past." (GRA)...

By M1ckyj789

"It's all in the past." I hate that quote. Because it may be the past. But the past will always find a way to... More

Airport
He's not so bad...
The ships are sailing
Back Story
Do you trust me?
Please Stay Awake
I'm not going anywhere
Tension
Just The Two Of Us
Unexpected Visitor
Confessions
Betrayal
Use to it
The Dream
Bugged
You use to love...
The Truth
Solidarity In Mutual Destruction
The Sidemen
Confidence
Old Friends
True Feelings
Finally Out
The Grind
California
I Love You
A Race Around Pax
Dreams Or Reality?
Reality
The Pain
A Big Mistake
I Never Had A Choice...
The Plan
Official
Home
Secret
Scared
Don't follow me please
Safe
Second chances
It Finally Sails?
I think I'm ready
Just in time
Don't give up
I'm Sorry
How Long
Just let it happen
What are you doing here?
Pushed away
Deceit
Juice of the gods
Am I Ready To Accept?
It felt so good
Help
That was fun
Are you ok?
He's Home
Couples Embrace
Preperation
Doubts
I missed you
Problems
Surprise
Decisions
Deal we made
Afraid
Streamer
New Beginnings
Choices
Setting the scene
Complications
Darkness
Only Real Escape
I don't want you to go
Together at Last
Not Yet...
Broken Friends
Set in motion
House Hunting
Be Mine
The End

I'm not sure if we can do this

29 2 0
By M1ckyj789

Time Skip to the last day before The Pack fly home.

Jay's POV

I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to go. I don't care what anyone said. I didn't want to leave him. If he was coming with us then it would be easy to see him. But here in the U.K. I hated the idea of not being able to see him. We had been sitting with the boys for dinner. They all seemed to be a bit too cheery for me. Except Vikk obviously. He seemed like he had been hiding something. He hasn't smiled in a few days. Like something was going through his head.

"Vikk you ok?"

He turned to look at me before shaking his head. At least he was honest. I leaned over towards him while he seemed to shift uncomfortably.

"You don't have to talk to me. But I worry about you guys ok? I worry when you get upset. Or there is something eating away at the back of your mind. Are you ok?"

"Jay I'm fine. It's nothing I can't figure out or work through on my own. Ok?"

"Uh. Sure. Ok. Sorry I asked."

I leaned back and tightened my arms around Michael. He turned to face me and smile. I faked a smile back to him. I love him so much. Even in the worst of times he was always there for everyone. Regardless of his own mental well being. There was so much going through my mind. But it always brought me back to one thing. I loved him. More then anything. I never wanted to hurt him. I never wanted to see him cry. I never wanted to wipe away his tears. I never wanted to see him down or depressed or just. I didn't want to have to help him out of a bad situation. I want to hold him and protect him. Love him. But. Even through it all. Even going through everything over and over again. After everything that has happened. Why does my mind confuse me. I look up and he is looking at me with an exasperated and worried look on his face.

"I'm sorry have you been trying to get my attention?"

"I'm trying but your not making it easy for me."

Listening to him laugh to himself. It's probably the most addicting sound I can think of. Every time he laughed I smiled. I couldn't even help it any more. It was just an automatic reaction. I watched him look at me still smiling.

"What's going on in your pretty little head? You worry me when you start to think. You seem to ignore everything. Vikk does the same thing."

"Sorry. I'm fine. I'm just thinking about how much I'm going to miss you when I go home."

"You will still have Lachlan though."

"Yeah I know. But he is now living with me. And I can't wait to get home and see how this works. It will be interesting. Maybe a bit awkward at first."

"I thought you guys had patched things up?"

"Yeah. We are fine. Just being alone together will be awkward. I don't even remember the last time that happened."

"True. I have taken a lot of your time. I'm sorry."

"Never say sorry for that. Yeah I would like to be with my friends but I'm trying to spend as much time with you as I can before I leave."

"Hey what about us?"

"God damn it Preston how long have you been listening in?"

"Long enough."

"I miss you guys as well. But I'm not your boyfriend. And we aren't together. And I'm about to leave my boyfriend in a foreign country and the time zones aren't exactly nice to me."

"You will be 13 hours ahead."

"So what?"

"You will be 12 hours ahead. Then minus one hour."

"Michael that's 11 hours."

"Really? Damn it I always fuck that up."

Rob laughed at Michael before Preston joined in. I was going to miss this already. I looked over to Mitch and Jerome and they seemed to be smiling now more then they ever have in their lives. I hope everything is good between them. But I'm sure they will sort things out. Vikk was still looking down in the dumps. I kicked Lachy lightly under the table and tilted my head towards Vikk when he looked at me. I watched him shrug and continue eating. Nah we are going to talk later.

"So when do you guys fly out?"

"At about 3 am in the morning."

"Aw man that's brutal."

"It's fine. It's normal for international flights."

"I think I've only caught one that early. The others have all been in the afternoon."

"Lucky. We have to stop over in Singapore though for a few hours. No direct flight this time."

"That also sucks. But hey That's a new country you can wipe off your list."

"Granted it will be day there I hope. It will be cool to look out the window I guess."

"You guys won't be able to leave the airport?"

"It's only a couple of hours. Might as well just stay."

"We get to go straight home."

I looked at the Americans and frowned at them. Damn them. Though it was nice to hear Jerome's voice again. Seemed like He hasn't spoken in a while.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Josh said he is going to pick us up. Including Jay and Lachy. Then Simon will take them to the Airport."

"Like shift work. One picks up the other drops off."

"Shift work?"

"Never mind. Youtubers I swear."

I listen to everyone groan or giggle at Michael. He was probably the closest to normal we would all get. Which is kind of sad. Yeah Youtube is not really all that demanding. It's just wanting to make the best of everything. I popped my head up as I watched Josh walk through the doors of the cafe.

"Hey guys. Vikk messaged me saying you guys were pretty much ready to go."

I looked over at him and saw his head hang low. Lachy had literally just finished his meal. Michael had barely touched his food saying he wasn't hungry. That's fair. I'll just make sure he eats something later.

"Ok. Well I'm ready to go. What about you guys?"

"I'm good. I just finished."

"Yeah I'm ready."

I watched Michael stand up and hug everyone.

"I'm not sure whether I will be able to see you guys when you leave. I hope so. But I'm going to say good bye now just in case."

He hugged Mitch and Preston but started crying when he got to Jerome. I would too. He gives the fucking best hugs to ever exist.

"I'm going to miss you Jerome."

"Thanks Micky. I'll miss you too. We need to do some videos together."

"Absolutely. As soon as I save up and get a decent computer."

He laughed at him. We all saw the shit box he calls a pc. He needs the upgrade. He walked over to Rob and could barely walk over to him without breaking down. Rob had to close the gap and put his hand on his head as Michael cuddled into him.

"Hey we can still talk as often as you want ok? Which I assume right now will be a lot."

"I've been the biggest ass hole to you. I've ignored you a lot and I'm so sorry. I regret not spending so much time with you. I'm sorry Robbie..."

"Michael it's fine. I half expected it to be honest. New people to talk to and meet. New places to see. It's ok."

"No it's not. I'm going to come visit as soon as I can ok. Just us. Like it should be."

I frowned at him but had to remind myself that he has known Rob for years.

"Hey Michael. I'm sorry but we need to head home."

"Sure."

Michael leaned up and kissed Rob on the cheek before hugging him again. He let go reluctantly and walked back over to me. I grabbed his hand in mine as we waved them off and walked off to the car. We all got in and Michael jumped in the front. Which had just became a staple. I sat beside him and pulled on my seat belt so I could sit forward and wrap my arms around him from behind.

"You know I cringe everytime you do that Jay."

"I know Josh. But you won't ever have to worry about it after this trip there."

I felt Michael flinch and noticed Vikk and Josh's eyes flew up as well. Lachlan sighed.

"I meant because we are going home tomorrow."

At least. I think that's what I meant. Why. Why do I do this to myself. He is perfect to me. Everything about him screams love. His chubby cheeks. His sense of humour. His intellect. His quick wit. His empathy towards others. I couldn't not fall for him. So why after all this. Do I feel like I need to break it off for him. The long distance would either make or break us. I wanted it to work. But I don't think I could do that to him.

"Ok. Well hopefully you enjoy yourself when we get back home."

"Hey wait Michael hasn't been back home has he?"

"What's going on?"

"A Surprise."

"Josh you know I don't like surprises."

"You will love this one. I guarantee it."

What were they planning?

Michael's POV

I haven't really had much luck when it comes to surprises from other people. Either I end up hurt or someone else does. It's actually kind of sad. I looked in the rear view mirror and noticed Vikk on his phone. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Everyone hold the fuck up. Something just happened and I think the world will end. This has never happened before."

I watched them all look at me in anticipation.

"Michael what the fuck are you on about?"

"No Josh. You don't understand. This is game changing."

"What?"

"I just watched Vikk smile."

I watched as Jay and Lachlan put their hands over their mouths in shock. Josh took a deep gasp. Exaggerating on the intake of air. I looked over at Vikk who burst into laughter. Causing us all to join in.

"This is the Vikk we miss. Welcome back. Did you at least leave a doggy bowel for the other guy to eat from?"

"What?"

"It's ok I got the joke. It wasn't funny though."

"Shut up Lachlan I thought it was funny that's all that matters in my mind when it comes to my horrible jokes. And we all know I'm full of them."

I looked ahead and saw the house come into view. JJ was home. His Lambo in the drive way.

"If I was a dick I would totally drive that down the road and watch JJ freak out."

"Your horrible."

"It would be funny though."

"... Yeah ok It would be pretty funny at first until he tries to kill us once he clicks in."

"Worth it."

"GG Boys."

I giggled at Vikk when he said that. He seemed to genuinely smile again. I decided not to say anything as we got out of the car. Heading inside I praised the gods of heat as it was warm inside. Mum walked down the stairs to meet us. Wrapping me in a massive hug.

"Are you going tomorrow as well?"

"Yeah mate. I have to go back to work."

"I know. I wish you were living here as well. Then we could have our own place to live in and not worry about bothering these guys."

"You aren't a bother. Though it is a little hurtful when you say that."

I looked at Josh and stuck my tongue out at him. He knew what I meant. Caitlin was behind Mum. With Simon half way down the stairs. I look over towards the Kitchen to see JJ on his phone.

"Hello JJ."

"Hello Michael."

"Oh. We need to show you something."

"Ah that. Alright. Lachy want to come help me with this video."

I watched Vikk lightly nudge him.

"Sounds good."

"I have some things to do as well. Come on Si we need to do that Video."

"Why is everyone going?"

"Because we don't want to hear it."

"Hear what?"

I started to get a little worried. Mum and Caitlin had a massive grin that spread across their whole face. Or if it was possible. I bet they would have grinned so hard it would permanently shape their faces.

"Follow us."

They grab my hand and drag me down the hall a few steps before stopping in front of a closed door.

"Welcome home Michael."

I read the note out loud. I hesitantly put my hand on the door knob and turn it. I don't open it straight away.

"I have a feeling it's going to be my bedroom. I would just be happy with a mattress they know that right?"

"We already had the whole denial conversation with them. So when you do. Go up and pretend to be excited and no denial. It will surprise them more."

"You know me too well."

I opened the door and gasped as I saw it. It was probably the most beautiful room I had ever seen. I didn't even care that it wasn't even that big. It had a Queen sized bed and frame half way across the side wall. Opposite the bed almost completely lined up was a desk with Two monitors. I kept looking around and noticed the walls had been painted as well. The wall the bed was set upon was as black as night. With perfectly lined white Lines all across it to give it contrast. The side walls from the door and the far end of the room were painted in a deep purple. Almost Magenta but a little darker. While the wall where the table and computer was set up was a beautiful shade of Navy blue. I'm glad they didn't do anything colourful. I noticed the ground was no longer the hard wood it was before. Instead I noticed a giant fluffy white rug had been placed along the ground. It reached each corner. How the fuck did they afford this. And why this much effort. Seriously. I turned around to face mum and Caitlin and they knew what I was thinking.

"Vikk held a stream for you to donate money to do your bed room and set you up with everything you need. The boys chipped in as well and helped me and Caitlin get everything ready for you.

I looked inside again and felt Jay's arms wrap around me. I didn't notice the beautiful fake fern in the corner of the room. It livened up the atmosphere. And so did the White rug. It made a beautiful contrast to the rest of the room. I looked up at the roof and saw it had been left alone. I'm glad they left at least some originality with the place.

"This is literally my dream room right here. I can't believe this."

"Like I said. No Denial."

I ran over and hugged them both tight. Before sprinting off to Josh first. I burst into his room. He hadn't actually been recording. I should have expected that.

"You bitch. I love it. But you bitch. Thank you Josh. That is definitely the best Surprise I have ever received in my life."

I walked over and half jumped on him while he lay on his bed hugging him. He laughed and hugged me back. I got up and nodded to him and made my way up to see Simon. He was actually doing something. Though I saw he was editing. I walked over and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and smiled as he took out his ear phones.

"You bastard. But I honestly. And legitimately love it. Thank you so much. I just wish you guys didn't go to so much effort and trouble. I would have..."

"Been happy with a mattress. Your mum told us. Don't worry. You deserve it. Your moving to a new country. You deserve a sanctuary to where you can escape the world."

I pulled him into a tight hug as I thanked him again.

"Have you seen Vikk yet?"

"Not yet. I saved him for last."

"Where's Jay."

"I kind of ran off. So he is probably down with mum and Caitlin."

"Ok. Well go see Vikk. He organised it all for you."

"I'm surprised he did that. I didn't think he liked me."

"Of course he likes you. Trust me."

"Ok. I'm going to go see him. I'll talk to you later. Bye Si."

"See ya."

I walked out excited. I made it to the hall where his room lay and saw Lachlan marching down stairs. Josh was not far behind him.

"What's going on?"

"I'm going back to the hotel. I need to sign out still."

I knew he was lying. But I let him think I believed him. So I pulled him into a deep hug. I felt him relax into me.

"If you ever. And I swear to god."

"Michael. I'll be fine. I'll message you or Kim straight away ok? I promise."

"You fucking better. I'm going to miss you Lachy."

"I'm going to miss you too mate."

"Talk to you later yeah? IF we don't get another chance?"

"Sure. Bye Michael."

"Bye Lachlan."

I waved them off as I watched him walk out the door with Josh behind him. Note to self. Remind me to give him some money I have saved away for all the driving he has had to do. I saw Jay go to stop Josh. I didn't hear what he said but he nodded and closed the door. He walked up the stairs to me and held me tight.

"I want you to stay here. But I'm going to go with them. All my stuff is in their and I'm going to need to pack and everything. But I wanted to tell you something."

"What's wrong?"

I felt myself tearing up. No this wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to stay with me tonight and leave tomorrow morning. Not now. I didn't want him to go.

"I uh. I'm not sure if we can. Do this."

... what?

"The distance will not be the only factor. The idea that I can't hold you hurts me. But I feel like it would be better for us if we went our separate ways here. I love you Michael. More then anything in the world. And I never want to hurt you. But I don't think I can do this."

I was stunned I couldn't talk. He just. He didn't... did he?

"Michael. I'm sorry."

He went to hug me but I stepped away from him. I felt myself breaking inside. I didn't get a choice in the matter. I knew that. It's not hard to understand. When a person breaks up with you. You don't get a choice. You can say anything you want. But that's it. They already made up their mind. And there was nothing I could do to change it.

"I'm going to go now ok? I love you Michael. Please be safe for me."

He went to take another step forward but I jumped back and fell backwards. I didn't care who it was. But I felt a pair of arms around me.

"I think you need to leave. Now."

"I'm going."

I put my head in my hands and pulled my knees to my chest. All I could see was the darkness cast over my eyes from my hands. I heard the front door close. That's all I wanted to hear. But I looked up to see mum in front of me with tears in her eyes. That's what set me off. I was just in shock. Now. The river started flowing. Someone call up Egypt. The Nile would be jealous. I already went through this once. With Vikk. When he left out of the blue back in Sydney. But this time. I was technically at home again. But it was different. I was in another country. I couldn't run anywhere. Mum put her arms around me and I let loose. I couldn't keep it in. I don't know how long I had sit there. But I felt someone grab my hand. I looked up and saw Vikk sitting next to me. He rested his head on my shoulder and just sighed deeply.

"I'm so sorry Michael. I promise you when I say. That shocked all of us. I just. I'm sorry. That's all I can really say."

I nodded my head trying to stop myself. I had to think better thoughts. I needed to stop thinking about him. I grabbed his hand and stood up. He tried to help me up but he wasn't the strongest person in the world. And I know that made him a little insecure about his size. I held onto his hand tightly as I walked down stairs to my room. My room. That was going to take some getting use to. I checked the time from the clock on the wall as I walked down the stairs. It was 1 am.

"Hey Everyone is in bed asleep. Simon has to be up soon anyway. Josh and your mum wanted to move you but I told them not to. Just to let you let it out."

"Thanks Vikk."

I walked into my room still with Vikk's hand caught in my own. He looked around and then looked at me. I had left the light on this whole time. Shit.

"Vikk. The boys and mum and Caitlin. Everyone had said you organised the stream and everything for this. I can not thank you enough. I was scared. I thought you didn't like me. But when they told me you did all this. I was so happy. I can't thank you enough Vikk. But thank you so much. I know I don't look it. But I'm so happy for everything."

"I didn't like you at first. I was worried what it would be like having another person in the house. I guess I was just worrying about nothing. I'm sorry I was a twat."

I laughed at him softly.

"Your mum also told us you were slightly scared of the dark."

"Unknown."

I corrected him. The darkness doesn't bother me. It's what's in the darkness that scares me.

"Yeah. Well when you go to sleep we have one last surprise for you. I'm going to go back to..."

"Stay."

"What?"

"Can you stay with me please? Just for tonight?"

I started to cry again. Softly. I felt a tear fall down my face as he wiped it away.

"I don't want to be alone. Please don't leave."

"It's ok. Come on. Let's lay down then."

"Ok."

I walked over to my bed and got in. I only took my shoes and socks off. I hated sleeping in socks. It feels weird.

"Ready for your final surprise?"

"Yeah I guess."

I lay down and got comfortable. He laughed at me lightly before turning the lights off. It was amazing. The roof was left alone. Except now it glowed in spiralling patterns fanning out from the light in the centre of the room. It was a beautiful Patter of spirals intertwining within each other. All of them.

"We had the idea of instead of fitting a lamp that this would be cooler. It glows in the dark and is permanently going to stay there unless we take it off."

"How are you going to do that?"

"We didn't think that far ahead."

I was able to make out his person in the dim light shone off from the roof. It was dark enough to not hinder sleep. But was bright enough to help my mind relax and keep thinking I was safe. I felt the bed dip as Vikk got in next to me. I know I shouldn't have. But right now. I didn't want to be alone. Not after what happened. That's a normal want isn't it?

"Thank you Vikk."

I watched him roll over and face me.

"One night. You know what everyone will think seeing us in bed together."

"Are you wearing a shirt?"

"Yeah I am."

"Mum will understand I'm sure."

"I hope so. The boys scare me a little."

"I won't let them get the wrong Idea Ok? Thank you Vikk. For staying."

"It's fine come on get some sleep. I'll wake you up when your mum is leaving ok? I know you won't want to miss her leaving."

I moved myself closer to vikk and put my head on his chest. I didn't do anything else. I just needed to cry a little. I let a few tears out before I felt him wrap his arms around me.

"This is going to sound bad so don't take this out of context. But as a friend holding his friend in his time of need right now. I do love you Michael. And we all do. We won't let you go through this alone ok? Jay Is an idiot for doing what he did."

"Thank you."

That was all I could get out. He was such a caring person. He really did try when people needed him. And I guess right now. I needed him to help me mentally. Jay meant so much to me. I thought everything was fine. There was no indication that he felt like that about me. Or had the thoughts going through his head. I would wait a few days before trying to talk to him. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep in Vikk's arms. Knowing I was safe tonight. Oh please let me be safe tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

753 23 20
A book full of mostly one shots cause I can, really(no imagines/OC stories). You can send in prompts if you really want to, but there is no guarante...
1.6K 355 30
Everyone has their battles. Preston was diagnosed with cancer, leukemia, at 17 years old and 7 years later he was still battling it. He's almost neve...
3K 86 20
Completed Story: ~DISCLAIMER!!! I JUST USE THERE CHARACTERS, I DONT OWN THEM!! THIS IS JUST A FANFIC, DONT THINK OTHERWISE! ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~...
2.5K 331 24
Each ended up here in a very different way, but now they're all heading down the same path. Jerome never even realised that she was pregnant- he saw...