Not Ready

By CissyItsMe

After seven years in prison and a lot of thoughts, Dorian is impatient to start a new life with new goals, ne... More

≈Note :
≈Chapter I :
≈Chapter II :
≈Chapter III :
≈Chapter IV :
≈Chapter V :
≈Chapter VI :
≈Chapter VII :
≈Chapter VIII :
≈Chapter IX :
≈Chapter X :
≈Chapter XI :
≈Chapter XII :
≈Chapter XIII :
≈Chapter XIV :
≈Chapter XV :
≈Chapter XVI :
≈Note :
≈Chapter XVII :
≈Chapter XVIII :
≈Chapter XIX :
≈Chapter XX :
≈Chapter XXI :
≈Chapter XXII :
≈Chapter XXIII :
≈Chapter XXIV :
≈Chapter XXV :
≈Chapter XXVI :
≈Chapter XXVII :
≈Chapter XXVIII :
≈Chapter XXIX :
≈Chapter XXXI :
≈Chapter XXXII :
≈Chapter XXXIII :
≈Chapter XXXIV :
≈Chapter XXXV :
≈Chapter XXXVI :
≈Chapter XXXVII :
≈Chapter XXXVIII :
≈Chapter XXXIX :
≈Chapter XL :
≈Chapter XLI :
Chapter XLII :
≈Chapter XLIII :
≈Chapter XLIV :
≈Chapter XLV :
≈Chapter XLVI :
≈Chapter XLVII :
≈Chapter XLVIII :
≈Chapter XLIX:
≈Epilogue :
≈Final Note :

≈Chapter XXX :

890 68 18
By CissyItsMe

~Los Angeles,

•12/26 {Sunday, 7:54 P.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"She won't call." 

Lani smacked her teeth, "It's not even been twenty-four hours yet. Relax."

"Yeah, bro. I'm sure she'll contact you very soon. But you know how women are, they always have to be stubborn and complicated." RJ said, gaining a side-eye from Lani. He laughed nervously, "You weren't and aren't like that of course." He turned to me, "Help me." I raised my hands up in surrender. It was none of my business. 

She rolled her eyes, "Anyways. I'm gonna get ready." She stood up and I saw RJ frowning at him. 

He cleared his throat as he grabbed her forearm, "Excuse me, miss. Where are you going ? " He asked, looking her up and down. 

"Out with my father. It's been forever since I last hung out with him. Do you want to-"

He patted my shoulder, "No, thank you. Nope. I'm fine here with my cousin." It was more like Are you crazy ? Your father and I don't like each other that much to hang out together. Their relationship was worst years ago, but fortunately they were keeping it cordial now for the sake of Yani. Still, they couldn't really stand each other and were trying to stay as far as possible from each other, "Dorian and I are having a boys night. We're gonna play 2K and all that."

I kissed my teeth at him, "Oh how I like to be plan Z." I sarcastically said, then rolled my eyes. I didn't want to have a boys night or whatever he was calling it. The only thing I wanted was that phone call from Docia. I already planned everything for our date, I just needed her yes. 

"Okay. Well, like I said before, I'm gonna get ready. If my dad calls, tell him I'm on my way." She then left the living room, leaving her phone with us. 

RJ stared at it for a moment before to grab it, "Going through this while she's in the shower ? Hm, you're more stupid than I thought." 

"How am I being stupid now ? " He asked frowning.

"Karma is a bitch, you'll get caught. What are you doing ? You don't trust her ? " 

I was crushed by what I was seeing right now. They were my ''relationship goals.'' I've been noticing that this thing was all over the internet and it was funny to me more than anything else. You can't tell if a relationship is perfect just because the couple put cute pictures and videos of them on Instagram. With Laylani and RJ though it was totally different. Well, from my perspective. I could actually call them my ''relationship goals.'' 

I laughed at that whole thought.

"Yes, I do. Relax, I'm just going to hack her Instagram and Snapchat. People love when I do that." He reassured me.

I sighed in relief, "Oh ! Thanks God ! I was so scared."

He chuckled, "Don't worry boy ! Our love is stronger than ever. This woman is going nowhere. I won't let her go. Never. I'm just reassuring the fans out there, since we didn't post something on our respective accounts for awhile. After all, we're-"

"Relationship goals ! " I finished his sentence and we laughed. 

"That shit is crazy, man. They really think they can base a whole relationship with a fucking picture and a fifteen seconds video."

I chuckled, "Right ! The guy can be beating her every night and probably already sent her several times to the hospital."

"Yes. Or she can be cheating with all the dudes of LA and will ended up pregnant by one of them very soon."

I nodded my head, agreeing with him. I then shook my head, "This new generation needs to get off their phones and go play outside. It'll make them feel better. And I'm wondering if they know what a book is."

He laughed slightly, "C'mon now, they go to school." 

I hummed, "Talking about kids..." I trailed off and we made eye contact.

"What about them ? " He looked at me confused. 

"When are you proposing, bro ? In three thousand years or what ? Y'all are not getting younger, you know." I whispered-yelled getting frustrated with him. After all they'd been through and everything he'd done to her, she deserved that damn ring. 

He shrugged nonchalantly, "I'm not ready yet. Please, don't hurry me. I already have her old man on my back about this."

"And he has every right to do that ! "

"No, he hasn't ! I'd rather do it when I'm fully ready, not because people are pressuring me to do this. That would be the worst to do to her. I won't marry her just because I feel like that's what I have to do. I don't want it to be an obligation. Marriage is more than the I love you's and the they lived happily ever after. It's a whole institution. We have to be ready to face and deal with things like what my parents went and are still going through on a daily."

"You're talking about the whole drama with your ex-grandpa ? "

He nodded, "That and the complicated pregnancies, plus the Je-" He frowned, "What was her name again ? Whatever. But yeah, we're going to have to deal with that type of drama too and we need to be fully ready for that. I don't believe in divorce."

"And you think you're not ready for this ? "

"I think we are, kind of. I just don't feel like it's exactly the right time now. Plus, with marriage come the kids and that stage of life is freaking the shit outta me. I don't want kids for now."

"Should think about abstinence then, because...Y'all be going at it." I commented, causing him to narrow his eyes at me. I will never forget those horrible nights where I had to hear everything they were doing in the bedroom until the morning. They were so disrespectful. He smacked his teeth and I wiggles my eyebrows.

"You're so childish, bruh. We apologized. I thought we were cool." 

"We are. Anyways, talking about it makes me think about something."

He raised a brow, "And what is it ? "

"Well, actually I've been thinking about it for a few weeks now and I think it's time for me to get my own place."

He fake pouted, "You don't like me no more." 

"Stop that." I slapped his mouth slightly with the back of my hand and laughed at his face expression. 

"I will kill you, don't play with me." He frowned, making that angry baby face. It had always made me laugh. 

"Okay, I'm going ! Bye, guys. Have fun, but behave."

"Yes, mummy." We answered in unison. 

She chuckled, "Y'all are too much. Love you ! "

"Where is my kiss, woman ? " RJ yelled, standing up. This fool ran after her, "Never go without giving me a kiss. You play too much, bae."

She giggled, "Sorry. Aw, look at that pout. You're too cute." 

I made a grimace as they were literally eating each other's face. That's exactly why I had to get my own crib. I loved them unconditionally, but I couldn't continue to witness these scenes of affection anymore. I reached my limit. By now, seeing them kissing like that was almost making me throw up. I loved them a lot, but I had enough of that. 

I cleared my throat and they didn't pay me attention as they kept going. I groaned, "Would you two stop ?! Dammit ! " I screamed, startling them. 

"Would you chill ?! Why are you getting loud for ? Damn." RJ shoot me a death glare, surely mad that I interrupted their moment.

"You two are so disrespectful."

I checked the time and it was two minutes before eleven, and I still didn't get that phone call from Docia. Maybe I was exaggerating since I only gave her the card the night before, but I needed her to not take too long to answer. I went way out of my way with this card and she was slowly making me regret it. You could tell that my nerves were making me lose my mind more and more as the hours were passing by.

I was now pacing back and forth in my room, playing with a tennis ball in my hands as I was getting impatient. I was also getting tired, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to go to bed before awhile. What was going to mess up my new sleep schedule. I got used to fall asleep around this time back at the hospital and it slowly but surely became a habit. A habit that I shouldn't get out of, but it was stronger than me, I couldn't sleep right now. 

I sighed and finally sat on my bed. I then grabbed my notebook and decided to plan my future. On top of course was my apartment/house hunting. I didn't know if I wanted a big place or little one for me. A little thing would be enough for me, but maybe I'll get a house just because I feel like it. 

When I took my pencil to start writing, my phone beeped noticing me that I got a message. I took a deep breath and prayed quickly before to check it out.

"God is good ! Thank you ! " I sent a kiss to the Man above. 

Docia👀 : "Hey ! Sorry if I'm bothering you, but I couldn't go to sleep without letting you know that I can't wait to see you cook for me and taste the food of course 😁 Unfortunately, I'm sick now 😷 So...Once I'm okay to go out of my house again, I'll let you know and we'll be able to have that dinner. By the way, I really appreciated your card, thank you so much. Good night and see you soon 🙃😊😊" (11:17 P.M)

I couldn't stop smiling like a damn fool. I was so happy right now, I couldn't describe my feeling with another word. My heart was racing in my chest, I felt like it was almost going to explode. I read her message twenty times before to get it together. Yes, I was acting like a teenage girl and to be honest I wasn't ashamed of it at all. That's just how I was feeling. 

"Hey 👋🏿😁 ! You're not bothering me, at all. Don't worry, you won't regret to have accepted to go on this date with me. And I hope you'll get better very soon. Drink a lot of tea, soup and all that 🍲☕️ Good nigh, see you soon 😃" (11:31 P.M)

After that, I was good to go to bed.

•01/02 {Sunday, 2:37 P.M}

~*~ Docia ~*~

Starting the new year with the flu was the very last thing on my mind when Ye and I were planning to do something exceptional to celebrate the New Year. Was God punishing me or something ? Everybody and their mama knew that I'd always hated being sick. It was the worst thing for me. 

My nose was running like crazy and it seemed like it was unnecessary to blow my nose each time I was doing it. On some days, I had a headache and on others it was gone. My cough was very agressive, I felt like I had a lung cancer and that I could die anytime soon. My throat was on fire, it was hurting like hell and I was so cold. Fortunately now, the heat was helping to warm my body, but at the beginning of my sickness, it was useless and I stayed cold for a few days. 

"Ryver." I attempted to call him with my raspy voice. I cleared my throat, "Ryver ! Help me..." I coughed, "Oh God, why ? "

"You called me, auntie D ? " 

"Yes. I'm hungry." I wasn't allowed to get out of my bed, prescription of ''Doctor Yemi Olufé''. This woman even threatened me. Can you believe this ?

"What do you want for today ? "

"What do you have for me ? " I answered with another question. 

"Anything you want."

I sneezed causing my nose to run, "I'm so tired of this. I want some cannelloni, with a caesar salad --she better not forget my croutons--  and for the dessert I want cupcakes. For the drink I want a red fruit tea and some water too. Thank you."

He chuckled, "You won't even eat all of this." 

"But that's what I want." I whined and then blew my nose. 

"Okay. Can I ? " He asked to use my phone and I let him. I first unlocked the screen. He tapped on the screen quickly and a few seconds later, my phone was beeping. He smiled, "Sorry auntie, but we don't have that. My mom's answer, not mine." 

I gave him a straight face, "You said anything ! Liar ! " 

He laughed, "She said we have soup, soup and more soup though."

"Fuck her soup."

"Ouuuuh ! Auntie, you said a bad word. I'm gonna snitch." 

"Nephew, snitches that's what we're not." Another notification came up and this kid checked it like it was his phone, "Excuse you ! What are you doing exactly ? "

"Dorian and you are texting now ? What ? Y'all are best friends ? " He questioned me like if he was the FBI.

"Get out ! "

"Bu-"

"I said get out. Young boy you're not too old for me to spank you. Do as I said so." I pointed the door as he sighed and finally listened to me.

Dorian: "Hello, dear 👋🏿😀 ! Just wanted to check on you. How are we feeling today ?" (2:49 P.M)

"Hello ! That's so nice of you to do this, I think..." (2:52 P.M)

Dorian: "What ?" (2:58 P.M)

"Are we not impatient to have this date , are we ? That's why you're checking ? " (3:00 P.M)

Dorian: "😂😂😂 Your medication got you trippin', ma. I'm really concerned and want you to get well not only for the date. A little sad you're thinking that bad of me 🙁" (3:06 P.M)

I bit on my bottom lip, feeling completely stupid. I didn't know why I did that, but I'd always been on full guard with guys. I'd always asked the questions that was getting everything awkward. I tried to detach myself from that, but I couldn't. 

That's who I am. 

"Sorry 😩😔 I didn't do this to be rude 😞 I'm just really protective of myself. Had to since...nobody really does that for me. I'm really sorry😩 Forgive me, please ?" (3:12 P.M)

Dorian: "Hmm🤔...Don't know. I have to think about it." (3:16 P.M)

"I understand 😔" (3:17 P.M)

Dorian: "Lucky I don't hold grudge...well, I'm trying to change to be a better person. I'm forgiving you 😀 So, how was your day ?" (3:23 P.M)

I grinned and continued to text him. We talked for an entire hour, before he had to go for his apartment hunting. I loved how comfortable we could be with each other, even if we were still on guard though. But it was nice to see that we could share some info about us to the other here and there. We were going somewhere.

I really couldn't wait for this date. 

________________________________

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

A/N: What are your thoughts about the chapter ? Are you enjoying the new vibe of the story ? 

THANKS FOR READING ! 💗

CissyItsMe 💋✌🏾❤️    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733K 24.1K 56
Luca is a 28 year old mafia don, who is trying to better himself mentally with everything he's been through, he just wants to feel free. Kiana is a 2...
481K 20.1K 75
"You have got to be kidding me" he utters suddenly. "What?" i ask and follow his line of sight down to the ground floor front desk. "Angelo? What's w...
5.6K 359 41
"𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬" ••• Julianne Crystal Grey is just your average teenage...
53.5K 1.3K 57
Meet Carly-Jay shes a triplet and has 7 other siblings, she has had a hard life bullied at school even her own mother hated her because of the way sh...