Not Ready

Av CissyItsMe

After seven years in prison and a lot of thoughts, Dorian is impatient to start a new life with new goals, ne... Mer

≈Note :
≈Chapter I :
≈Chapter II :
≈Chapter III :
≈Chapter IV :
≈Chapter V :
≈Chapter VI :
≈Chapter VII :
≈Chapter VIII :
≈Chapter IX :
≈Chapter X :
≈Chapter XI :
≈Chapter XII :
≈Chapter XIII :
≈Chapter XIV :
≈Chapter XV :
≈Chapter XVI :
≈Note :
≈Chapter XVII :
≈Chapter XVIII :
≈Chapter XIX :
≈Chapter XX :
≈Chapter XXI :
≈Chapter XXII :
≈Chapter XXIII :
≈Chapter XXIV :
≈Chapter XXV :
≈Chapter XXVI :
≈Chapter XXVII :
≈Chapter XXVIII :
≈Chapter XXX :
≈Chapter XXXI :
≈Chapter XXXII :
≈Chapter XXXIII :
≈Chapter XXXIV :
≈Chapter XXXV :
≈Chapter XXXVI :
≈Chapter XXXVII :
≈Chapter XXXVIII :
≈Chapter XXXIX :
≈Chapter XL :
≈Chapter XLI :
Chapter XLII :
≈Chapter XLIII :
≈Chapter XLIV :
≈Chapter XLV :
≈Chapter XLVI :
≈Chapter XLVII :
≈Chapter XLVIII :
≈Chapter XLIX:
≈Epilogue :
≈Final Note :

≈Chapter XXIX :

824 65 27
Av CissyItsMe

~Los Angeles,

•12/25 {Saturday, 1:54 A.M}

~*~ Docia ~*~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! " I groaned and pulled the phone away from my ear, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YO-"

"You really have to do this now ? It's too early for that." I checked the time and rolled my eyes. 

"It's never too early to wish a happy birthday to my sista ! "

"It's too early for that. And stop yelling like that, I'm gonna be deaf. Thanks for singing to me though, I appreciate that, but you could've waited a couple of hours. You're crazy." 

She laughed, "Be ready at eleven for the brunch. And I got your a present anyways." 

"Hm..." I closed my eyes and fell asleep. 

"DOCIA ! "

I startled, "Fuck you, Ye ! Damn ! " I hung up, threw the phone next to me and went back to sleep. 

"Hello, grumpy. Happy birthday again ! Here." I couldn't understand how she could be that happy and me so annoyed, although it was my special day. I must still be sleepy.

"You really didn't have to do this." I pouted, touched by her nice gesture. I was grateful for my best friend. She was always there for me and I knew she will never let me down. She was the sister I always wanted to have. 

"Of course, I had too. And you better get that frown off your face and cheer up. Let's turn up ! " As she said that, Ryver came in the room with his Beats pill, that was blasting some music. As soon as we recognized the song, we joined him in the middle of the room and the three of us started dancing our asses off, doing the Shakiti Bobo, a Nigerian dance. 

* ''Wo bobo, werey lo ba de ee

To get this money

To dey ball every night and day

Wo bobo, werey lo ba de ee

Zero dulling emi o le nan gere mo laye

Oya shakiti bobo

O fe ra bentley bobo

O fe ra ferrari bobo

Fly you to Paris bobo

Oya shakiti bobo

O fe ra bentley bobo

O fe ra ferrari bobo

Fly you to Paris bobo'' *

I was finally in the mood to celebrate my new year with my two favorite people. Once the song was done, they left the room to let me finish to get ready. Soon, we were on our way to the restaurant. Yemi made sure that I was enjoying every bit of my birthday. From her and Ryver's present, that was a beautiful Chanel necklace and now this brunch, I was already loving this day. 

"I love your outfit, auntie D. You look so pretty." Ryver complimented, causing me to grin. I was wearing a simple red dress, that was reaching my knees, with some black Louboutin heels. I didn't put some accessories on, because I didn't feel like adding them to my outfit. My black hair was a bit messy wavy and down. And my makeup was simple also. I didn't want to be extra for my birthday, but still I looked superbe. That dress was giving my curves some justice, mainly to my twins (tities). I was lowkey feeling myself.  

"Thank you, baby." I blew him a kiss.

We ate our brunch while spending some quality time together, as a family. We talked, laughed and enjoyed the delicious food. We planned to come back in this restaurant because everything was perfect. Three hours later, we were on our way to my house. Since it was Christmas, most of the places were closed, so we didn't really have another option but to have fun at home. Anyways, it wasn't like it was bothering us. Once we got to my house, we changed into more comfortable clothes, set the games in the living room and soon we were playing Wii Play. 

We were having so much fun that we didn't see the time go. Seemed like hours flew by quicker than usual as we finally realized that it was going on eight in the evening. By now, we were hungry, so we decided to cook something for the dinner. But we didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen, so we set on something simple and finally made crepes. We accompanied it with some ice cream, Ye and I poured ourselves a glass of wine and Ryver was drinking Sprite. 

We settled in the living room, put a movie on and devoured our food. When he was done with his plate, Ryver wanted to open the gifts I got him and we let him do it. I got him some clothes, a new game for his Xbox, two pairs of new J's, one of Adidas and another one from Nike. 

"Thank you so much, auntie D. I love them all ! You're the best auntie ever. People will be jealous when they'll see me in those J's. Yes ! " He admired them, doing the Harlem Shake.

I laughed, "Chill, child. You got all of this because you've been good at school, so you better stay on that road or else I'm taking all back." I warned half-joking. Ryver had always been a good student and kid in general, despite the little troubles he caused here and there in the past. He went through a bad phase for some months, but we finally got him right on track and he was working on improving his behavior each and every day. He stopped hanging out with the bad influences and was focused on becoming a respectable man, his words not mine. Ye and I were very proud of him. 

"Don't worry, I got this. My grades won't go down. I won't disappoint y'all. By the way, I want to express my gratitude to you two for being such amazing, beautiful and strong women to me. I will always be thankful for everything you did for me. You're my role models and I hope I'll only make you proud. I love you." We coed in unison as he gave us a huge hug. 

"I love you too, baby. I'm very proud to be your mom." Ye said and kissed his forehead. 

"Aw, look at the little man becoming a big man. I love you, nephew." I kissed his cheek repeatedly. I hadn't the biggest family, but those two were honestly enough to me. It could've been worse and I could've been left completely alone, but no, God generously gave me two exceptional persons to love and to give me back that love. 

It was missing someone, but at least I knew that he was safe now and in good company. Plus, he was watching over me. 

My little angel.

It was hard to accept the death of my child, but at one point I had to. Of course, I will never totally get over it, but I had to overcome the situation somewhat. I had to be strong and to be happy not only for my baby boy, but for myself also.

I'd been replaying Ye and I's conversation in my mind for a couple of days now. I deserved to be happy and to have someone, a lover, to share my happiness with. I couldn't stay single for the rest of my life, mainly when it seemed like God sent a man just for me. I was scared to trust, love and build a real relationship with another man like I did with my husband, but I couldn't let my fear win and prevent me to finally have the life I deserved.   

"We sh-" Yemi started, but was interrupted by the doorbell. 

The three of us frowned and looked at each other. It rang again, "I'm gonna see what it is." I stood up.

"Wait ! " Ye ran somewhere and came back with a knife in her hand, "We never know." It was almost ten P.M and we were expecting nobody, so we had to be cautious.

"I have the phone with me, in case." Ryver told us and we nodded. 

I looked through the peephole and was so surprised to see him here. I didn't know why he was standing in front of my door at this time of the night, but I was impatient to find out. I let escape a sigh of relief, "It's okay. It's just uh, Dorian."

"Oh cool ! " Ryver pushed me, almost making me fall and opened the door. 

"What the hell..." I mumbled, shaking my head at him. 

"Hey man ! It's been forever. I thought you completely forgot about us. How are you ? And where have you been ? And who are the people in the car ? " He attacked the poor man with a ton of questions.

"Damn, Ry. Let the man breath. Move." I pushed him out of my way, "Uh, hey." I was nervous all of sudden. He looked more attractive than before. Or maybe it was because I didn't see him for so long. Well, actually it was only two months, that seemed to be an eternity to me. I shook my head and focus back on our conversation, "Uh...what ? " I saw his lips moving when I was in my little trance, but I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying.

He smiled, "I said hi."

"Oh hey ! "

He chuckled, "You already said it. How are you ? "

"I'm fine. What about you ? You're finally out I see."

"Yes, finally." He bit on his bottom lip. They look so juicy and soft. Focus Docia, "I'm sorry, I didn't want to bother you, but I wanted, well came here to thank you and to give you that also." He handed me an envelope. 

"Oh, you didn't have to do that. Thank you."

"Of course he had to do this, after all it's your birthday." Yemi joined in, being the annoying best friend she was. 

"For real ? Happy birthday ! Hope you enjoyed your day." 

"I did, thank you."

"Well, that's it. I don't want to take more of your time, so see you later. Bye and Merry Christmas." He waved, already walked back to the car.

I smiled, "Merry Christmas to you too." And with that said, he got back in the car with his friends and they drove away. 

"That was so awkward, but cute at the same time. Eh ! I guess." Ye commented next to me, "I wonder what there is in this envelope." She tried to take it, but I moved in time. 

"Don't touch, it's mine." We went back inside and I opened it. Inside, there was a read glittering Christmas card. There was a baby bear wearing a snowman costume on it and he was sitting next to a Christmas tree. I actually found it adorable. 

"Awww ! He's so cute ! From someone else, I would find it a bit childish, but Dorian is so cute."

I eyed my best friend, "Would you ever stop to be so nosey ? "

"Neveeeeeeer." She sang, making me roll my eyes. She was too much sometimes, "Read it ! " 

I did as she said. I first cleared my throat and decided to read it out loud : 

"Hello, it's me *in my Adele's voice* Sorry, I had to. Anyways.

Dear Docia,

I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and hope that Santa gave you everything you wanted. (But I know he surely did, because you're a good gyal.) I also want to thank you unconditionally for the huge help you've been to me these past few months. I know that I wasn't always easy to deal with, but still you didn't give up on me and I will always be grateful for that. I wanted to offer you a gift, but I really didn't know what to get you and I didn't want to give you something that you won't truly enjoy. So, I thought that maybe organizing a diner was a better idea. What do you think about it ? Would you like to have dinner with me ? Whenever you're free, I'll be ready to slave in the kitchen for you. Lol ! Just pick your phone, dial my number and let me know.

Much love, 

Dorian.

PS: Don't wait forever to call me, pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaase 😩😩

Dorian again."

I chuckled at the ending of the card. He had to be silly even in this. A part of me couldn't believe that he asked me on a date and the other part was actually excited to have that tete-a-tete with him. We were finally going to hang out, the two of us, without it being a therapy session. I actually couldn't wait.

"Oh my God ! This is a date ! I'm so happy for you ! Call him now ! " 

"Grown folks' business is so disgusting, I'm leaving." Ryver exclaimed, leaving the room and causing us to laugh. I forgot he was even here, until he talked. 

"I'll call him tomorrow."

_____________________________

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

A/N: So...How are we feeling about all of this ? What do you think about Dorian and Docia ? And do you like Yemi and Ryver ? 

Ye and Ry in the M/M

THANKS FOR READING ! 💗

CissyItsMe 💋✌🏾❤️        

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

805 71 23
She always appear to be great, she makes everyday a good day. At least that's what everyone thinks, it's easy to miss the signs, unless you've alread...
727K 24K 56
Luca is a 28 year old mafia don, who is trying to better himself mentally with everything he's been through, he just wants to feel free. Kiana is a 2...
3.4K 111 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
13.3K 482 23
COMPLETED This is a Spin off of My One And Only and based off of the bonus chapter if you haven't read it yet I suggest you do. However this can be r...