Dark Black Magic

By angeltwist

Raised by her witch Grandmother deep in the forest, Skyler has lived a friendless life of isolation and magic... More

::W E L C O M E::
Chapter One
Chapter One (a)
Chapter One (b)
Chapter One (c)
Chapter One (d)
Chapter One (e)
Dark Black Magic - Chapter 2: Knight in Shining Armour
Dark Black Magic - Chapter 3: The Forest
Dark Black Magic - Chapter 4: Power is Seductive
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 5 - Town
Dark Black Magic - Chapter 7: The Web
Dark Black Magic - Chapter 8: The Wish
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 9 - The Stranger
Dark Black Magic - Chapter 10 - Another Handsome Stranger
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 11- WANTED
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 12- the pack
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 13- the climb
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 14- if looks could kill
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 15- the move
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 16- car problems
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 17- sorrow
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 18- too late
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 19- soul mates
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 20- mixed emotions
Dark Black Magic: how I accidentally captured a demon prince- chapter 21- kiss
Dark Black Magic- Chapter 22 ~arguments~
Dark Black Magic: chapter 23 ~house guests~
Dark Black Magic~ chapter 24 Aidan's return
Dark Black Magic~ Chapter 25- Curious Item
Dark Black Magic- chapter 26- lost soul
dark black magic: chapter 27 fat dave
dark black magic: chapter 28: dramatic turn of events
dark black magic: chapter 29: to be an immortal
dark black magic: chapter 30: the change
dark black magic: chapter 31: the meeting
dark black magic: chapter 32: new beginnings
dark black magic: chapter 33: broken morning
dark black magic: chapter 33: tangled web
dark black magic: chapter 34: bad nights
dark black magic: chapter 35: deceit
dark black magic: chapter 36: kidnapped
dark black magic: chapter 37: love shatters
Dark Black Magic- chapter 38- disappear
Dark Black Magic- chapter 40- the monster
Dark Black Magic- chapter 41- the queen
Dark Black Magic- chapter 42- jobs and roles
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 43- Plea
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 44- the umbrella
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 45- Blood, sweat and tears
Dark Black Magic: Chapter 46- second opinion
dark black magic: chapter 47- mandrake
dark black magic- chapter 48- jail break
Dark Black Magic- chapter 49- Death's Palace
dark black magic- the ending!!!

Dark Black Magic - Chapter 6: Discussion

340K 13.3K 1.5K
By angeltwist

After meeting the Devil's debt collector, Ilya, Rayne was eager to get me out of town. He literally dragged me to Grandma's car, systematically scanning the area. I had never seen Mr. Cool loose his composure before... although technically I had only known Rayne a day, but he didn't come across as the type of guy to panic. When we reached Grandma's car, he ordered me to get in and buckle up. Rayne then got into the car, and virtually stood on the accelerator, as if the devil himself was chasing us.

Pushing Grandma's car to speeds I never thought it could reach, we violently swung around a corned. For a second the car lifted onto two wheels and I screamed, "Slow down!"

The car swung round a corner pretty sharpish and I yelled, "Slow down!" 

Rayne obeyed, easing off  accelerator. He glanced in the rear view mirror and said,  "No one is following us."

He then took a deep breathe, gently relaxing his shoulders, "Okay, I'm calm."

"Rayne, you were going to get us killed driving like that!" I snapped.

"You don't understand, that man was a former secretary and body guard of mine-" 

"Wait, you had a body guard?" I said in disbelief. "But you are more than capable of handling yourself in a fight."

Rayne raked his fingers through his hair, coolly replying, "There is a hierarchy in Hell based upon power and status. As a Prince of Hell, I am socially considered too high class to mingle with certain levels of lower class demons, which includes the low class assassins. So we employ bodyguards to take out the 'trash' rather then get our own hands dirty. What did Ilya say to you?"

"He said that the Devil was pissed off at me for stealing one of his prize employers. In fact the Devil was so pissed that he wanted compensation."

"Really?" Rayne said trying to hide his flattery.

"Yeah well, I offered to return you but Ilya said it wouldn't work. So I was then given the option of either relenting my soul to the Devil, after I had died, or signing a contract that stated I would never work in a store called 'The Cavern'. But get this, before Ilya approached me I was sat having a drink at the café when this waitress appears out of the blue. We start talking and I mention that I'm looking for a job-" 

Rayne turned his head, "A job? Why were you looking for a job?" 

I gave him an annoyed look and he sighed, "Continue."

"So anyway, I mention I'm looking for a job and she gives me this leaflet advertising a job for a witch. Then when I go to thank her - poof - she's gone, and the guy behind the counter is telling me there is no waitress in the store," I explained. "Then Ilya comes along, and everything moves into the twilight zone. Rayne, I'm scared. This type of stuff gives me the heebies jeebies."

The corner of Rayne's mouth curved upwards in amusement, "Heebie jeebies?" he echoed. 

"Yeah, you know the creeps, the willies?" 

His eye brow shot upwards and he smirked, "The willies?"

The awful tension of fear in the car, momentarily broke down as Rayne tried not to laugh, and my sense of panic was replaced with a mixture of confusion and embarrassment. I folded my arms across my chest and snapped, "It's just a figure of speech."

Rayne nodded, "I know, I'm sorry. That was juvenile." He said trying to control his smile.

"Rayne, this isn't funny! The Devil wants my soul!" I replied.

"Skyler, I sincerely doubt the Devil would want your soul. Ilya is a typical bureaucrat, who likes to throwing big names about to scare and bully people. The Devil probably doesn't even know who you are, and if he did it wouldn't matter because I would never allow any ill to befall you. So please do not worry about Ilya and his petty threats." 

"Rayne, how are you going to protect me from the Devil?"

"The Devil cannot leave Hell and most demons cannot live outside of Hell too long. Our friend, Ilya can only tolerate being in the mortal realm for a couple of hours, before he is forced to return. So if the Devil wants your soul he would have to send a lower demon to collect it, and I don't think many lower demons would want to go up against me."

"And what if they did?"

"I would dispose of them." Rayne said, carefully avoiding the word kill.

"Rayne, I don't want anybody dying over me, not even a demon." I replied.

"That is admirable, but foolish. A demon would kill everyone you loved and cared about, to get to you. Do you really want to put your Grandmother in that sort of danger Skyler?" Rayne asked.

My mind went numb.

Could I put my Grandma in danger?

Could I allow Rayne to kill for me, in order to save another?

"I don't know." I replied conflicted.

"Then whatever you do, do not give me an order which make it impossible to protect the both of you. If the demons come, then your Grandmother will be the first they threaten," Rayne explained. "I can not protect you otherwise, and I need to protect you Skyler."

His hand lifted from the steering wheel and rested on mine, "So please let me protect you."

I looked down at his hand over mine and felt my heart turn over. If Rayne was lying to me, he deserved an Oscar, because I was falling so fast I thought I would burst into flames. How could someone I had only known for twenty four hours provoke this kind of reaction? All I wanted to do was submit to him and follow whatever he said. My conscience that had always been so crystal clear, was now foggy and hazy in Rayne's presence.

"I will not say yes or no," I murmured finally, "I need to think about this."

Rayne pulled his hand away, placing it firmly back on the driving wheel, "When we get back, I'll need energy."

I opened my mouth to protest but Rayne quickly interjected, "In case Ilya comes back again." 

That left me stuck in between a hard place and a rock.

"Fine." I said. 

When we got home and Grandma was in the kitchen making pastry. This was a worrying sign because she only made pastry when she was anxious- really anxious. 

"Are you okay Grandma?" I asked. 

"Brilliant! A big ball of happiness." She exaggerated. 

Taking a couple of steps closer I noticed some official looking documents on the side. Pointing them out I asked, "What are those?" 

Grandma hesitated and grabbed them before I could even read them. Folding them up and she quickly shoved them down her bra. "Nothing dear. Absolutely nothing." 

"If it was nothing why did you crumple it up and stuff it down your shirt?" I snapped. 

"Oh Skyler! Can't an old lady have a few secrets!"  

"But Grandma-"

Rayne's hand slipped into mine, making me pause. I looked at him, and he inclined his head towards the stairs. My heart stumbled clumisly, making my mind fuzzy. Whatever Grandma was up to, suddenly left my head as Rayne gently tugged me towards my room.

"We're going upstairs." I said to Grandma.

I followed Rayne up the stairs and through the trap door.

"It would be easier if we laid on the bed." Rayne explained, indicating to my bed.

My insides began to flip and flutter as he pulled me towards the bed.

Get a grip Skyler, he is just recharging, stop over analyzing the situation. I lay down on the bed and stared vacantly up at the ceiling, trying to think of anything but Rayne. The mattress moved, as Rayne lay beside me. My whole body became hyper-aware of Rayne lying next to me. I couldn't breathe.

"It would help if you were a little closer to me Skyler." Rayne said.

My mouth ran dry and I asked, "How much closer."

"The closer the better." He replied.

"Okay." I said pushing myself a little closer.

"That's way too far away." 

Gingerly I edged a little closer him, crawling across the bed on my elbows. Rayne watched me moving toward me and smiled, "Let me show you how close."

His fingers wrapped around my wrist and he gave a little tug that threw me off balance. I fell against his chest, and immediately struggled to get up. 

"Don't move." Rayne ordered. I stopped struggling and lay rigidly against him.

"This feels-"

"Perfect." Rayne whispered softly into my hair. 

"Rayne this is weird." I said stiffly. 

"But you know why I am doing this. Until I figure out what Ilya is up too, I need to be at my strongest." 

"Are we going to have to sleep like this every night?" I said uncomfortably. 

"Sadly, we will have to endure this." Rayne's arms circled around my waist.

"You don't sound put out."

"Sometimes its best to make light of a bad situation."

"This better not be a trick." 

"Go to sleep." Rayne said closing his eyes.. 

Sighing I gave in and rested my head against his chest and splayed my hand over his heart. Closing my eyes I drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1.2K 27
Eden Glatzel never believed in the paranormal. That was until her younger brother, David suddenly became possessed by a vengeful demon. When they cal...
7.8K 445 51
After being transferred back in time thanks to her great-grandmother's mystical coin, Bella is forced to fight off a group of evil supernaturals who...
415 42 25
The rossavault chapter 1, Skyler Ross your normal not so normal teenager with a family that has a ton of secrets, after moving in with her dad, a bu...
105 25 16
A fallen angel, bitten by a beast, fights a war he cannot win... A King who banished himself from his own kingdom to protect it... A human, changed b...