A Drunken Mistake

Oleh xxborntostandoutxx

Katy Taylor is that girl you see walking down the corridor, head hanged low, trying desperatley not to draw a... Lebih Banyak

A Drunken Mistake - Katys Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue
A Drunken Mistake - 'I need to find whoever drew this picture.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'a feeling in my gut that something amazing just started.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'It has to be some kind of joke.'
A Drunken Mistake - 'I'm not going to rush her; I'm going to fix her.'
A Drunken Mistake - Its ok, my secrets safe, and now no one will figure it out.
A Drunken Mistake - "from the monsters"
A Drunken Mistake - I guess this is what loves feels like
A Drunken Mistake - Sending My Heart Soaring Once Again
A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.
A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"
A Drunken Mistake - Mummy, I'm so sorry
A Drunken Mistake - Oh S**t!
A Drunken Mistake - I could never bear the thought of losing her
A Drunken Mistake - "I will never forget you lot, never!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I've found her
A Drunken Mistake - ...I know I could stay here forever
A Drunken Mistake - "We're home bitches!"
A Drunken Mistake - ... I can't lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - I'm slowly going to die here.
A Drunken Mistake - I also want him to remember me
A Drunken Mistake - But I have this feeling it's meant to stop beating now
A Drunken Mistake - Oh. My. Baby
A Drunken Mistake - Here comes story time...
A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."
A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment
A Drunken Mistake - ...I honestly can't wait until it's my turn.
A Drunken Mistake - And all that will be worth the pain we're suffering now.
A Drunken Mistake - ...the one I will hang onto forever.
A Drunken Mistake - This isn't going to go well...
A Drunken Mistake- "Miss me princess..."
A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"
A Drunken Mistake - I don't want to lose her again.
A Drunken Mistake - She's my rock.
A Drunken Mistake - And I will retrieve it.
A Drunken Mistake - Time to find out the whole truth.
A Drunken Mistake - I love you too.
A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"
A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."
A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.
A Drunken Mistake - "Holy S**t"
A Drunken Mistake - Here we go.
A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.
A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.
A Drunken Mistake - Here's to the future.

A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy

1.8K 68 4
Oleh xxborntostandoutxx

If you guys want to kill me, I completely understand!

I'm promised faster uploads and I broke that promise. I'm so sorry! I'll be better!

I can feel this story coming to a close and it makes me sad, I don't think I'm ready to leave Dylan and Katy just yet.

But anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. To make up for the wait, I made it 11 pages of word!

Please let me know what you think, it brings a massive smile to my face when you do!

Thank you :)

Enjoy <3

'True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning.'

Dylan's POV

Family is a hard concept for me to understand. I've never really had a family, not in the conventional sense anyway. I've never had the loving mother and father. I grew up in a world where those things weren't the norm.

Love was never around me growing up and so it was always hard for me to grasp the idea of it. Before I went to school or started to watch normal TV shows, I always thought my life was the norm.

I always believed that everyone else's family was just like mine, and everybody was treated the way that my parents treated me. But soon, I started to understand that I was a part of the unfortunate few whose parents never showed them love, and from that moment on I had to come to terms with the fact that this was just how it was for me.

I always resented them for never showing me what it was like to be loved. I believed that I had missed out on a major life lesson. Katy was the one to teach me this.

After reading their letter, I understand my life better now. It wasn't that I was never loved; it was just that I was never shown love. They hated me, but not in the way that I always believed.

I grew up thinking that they resented me coming along and destroying their happy lives. Looking on it now, I wasn't hated by them; I was hated by the drugs.

Just like it was for Katy and Sarah, the drugs controlled my parents too. It made them see things in a different way to me, and this is what caused them the hatred.

It was sad, because beneath all of the mistreating, I really did love my parents. They were the ones to bring me into this world after all, even though my mother never wanted to, and I can't hate the ones that gave me life.

If they weren't on all the drugs and maybe if they weren't famous, then maybe they would have loved me. Maybe we would have had a normal family life and I would have been happy.

But if my parents weren't famous, they never would have met, meaning no me being born. And if my life wasn't miserable, than I wouldn't have gone looking for Katy.

If I wasn't as unhappy with my life as I was, if me and my life were normal, I might have discarded that painting when I had found it. The sadness in the eyes wouldn't have touched me as much as it did, and I wouldn't have cared as much as I did.

I can't hate my life or my parents for happening the way it did, because it lead me to the best thing I've ever had.

Without the hatred and the misery, I wouldn't have the happiness that I have now.

I just wish that I'd had the opportunity to tell my parents all of this. I wish I would have been able to tell them that I loved them, and tell them that I forgave them.

I wish they knew that no matter how much they messed me up, I was still happy and had the most amazing girl here with me.

I should have been able to tell them that I stopped resenting them, and just felt sorry for them instead. They wanted the fame, but they never wanted the conditions that came with it. My mum never wanted to marry my dad, just as he never wanted to marry my mum.

And they never wanted me.

I wasn't born because they wanted a child; I was born because they wanted a better image. I understand and accept that now, I was never wanted.

But that's okay. It doesn't matter that I wasn't wanted, it just matters that I was had.

I watch Katy as she stares back at me. We're lying on our bed at the hotel, not talking just looking.

God, I could get lost in Katy's eyes. They practically shone as they stared at me and were filled with love. I hope mine looked like that as well.

I reach over and start to stroke her stomach. Katy's now twelve weeks along, and her stomach is getting bigger.

"We should go and have our scan soon," she says, looking at her stomach as my hand strokes it.

My face lights up in a smile. I'm going to get to see my baby, my little baby on that screen. I'll get to hear her or his heartbeat. I can't wait for that moment.

"We'll book it when we get back to California, it'll be easier there," I say.

"Okay," Katy whispers.

We haven't officially moved to England yet, this was only a visit after my parents died. We're going to stay in America we decided until the baby is born and then move when him or her is getting a little older.

I know that Amy and Kyle want to be there and see our baby after they're born; we don't want to take that away from them. They've been with us through everything, it's only right they're with us through this too. Also I can't bear the thought of leaving my best friend just yet.

I'm still in shock whenever I stare at her stomach and imagine the little person that's in there. A little person that Katy and I made. That's truly amazing.

I continue to stroke Katy's stomach as she stares at it; I think she's in awe with the baby in there as well.

"Can you believe it, we made a human being," she breathes out.

"I know, it's amazing."

"Promise me we'll never be like them. Promise me that we'll love our child no matter what and never forget to love them. I don't want our children to ever resent us the way that we resented ours; I want our children to always know how special and loved they are. Promise me this will be true," she pleads.

I have no doubt that it will.

We could never be like them. I can't ever imagine Katy turning that bitter or being that cruel. She's the kindest and most caring person I've ever met; she's nothing like Sarah or my mother.

And I'm nothing like my father. I could never be as cruel to Katy or my child as he was, I could never be that vile. I love them too much to ever be that way.

So no, we won't be like them. It's a certainty.

"I promise that that will never be us. We will love our child in every way possible and show them that love. Sure, we'll make mistakes and we'll mess up, but there will never be any doubt in that child's mind of the love with have for them," I promise to her.

She smiles at me as I say this, relief on her face. I think she knows we'll never be like them, but I think she needed to hear me say this for her to truly believe it.

"And I also promise that I'll never forget to love you too. I promise that as we grow older and life gets tougher, that'll I'll never take you for granted. I'll show you every day my love for you and will love you until the day I die," I smile at her as tear fill her eyes.

They slowly start making their way down her cheeks, so I quickly reach up to catch them. I stroke her cheek to remove all trace of the tears, but leave my hand resting there long after the tears have dried.

I love the feel of her soft skin under my hand. I stare straight into her eyes and let them completely draw me in like they always do. Slowly, I start to move closer to her, until our foreheads are touching and I can count all the colours in her eyes.

Her lips part in anticipation and I finally close the distance to meet them.

Instantly, I feel that fire that I love so much. As our lips move together, I show her all the love I feel for her.

I know that no matter how many times I kiss Katy, I will never get tired of it.

I pull away gently, kissing her forehead before moving away quickly.

"I have to go," I tell her.

"Wait, what? Why?" she questions, looking confused.

"It's a surprise, I'll ring you when it's ready," I say before standing up.

"What kind of surprise?" she asks again. I forgot how much Katy hates surprises.

"You'll see," I wink before walking out of the door.

Hopefully, she'll like what I have in store for her.

Katy's POV

I sit there staring at the door that Dylan just walked through. I wonder what he has planned.

He knows I hate surprises; I'm too impatient for them.

And now I have to sit here and wait, knowing he's planning something. I'm starting to get restless already.

I get up and make my way into the bathroom.

Sitting on the sink is a shopping bag with a note attached.

'Dear Katy,

I know even the thought of surprises make you impatient, so I thought I would give you a little clue about my plans.
Inside this bag is the outfit you should wear tonight.
Hopefully, this will give you a hint as to what we're doing.

All my love,
Dylan.'

I smile at the note. He's so thoughtful.

I'm glad he left me a little hint, I don't think I could wait that long to find out where we were going.

I pull open the bag, and gasp at what sits in there.

Reaching to hold it gently, I slowly pull out my mother's dress.

The exact same dress I wore on our first date.

Tears start filling my eyes as I stare at it. He must have seen it hanging in my wardrobe back in California and known that he needed it for whatever he had planned.

He's too damn sweet sometimes.

My mind goes crazy with possibilities of where we could be going, what the dress could be hinting at. The only thing that springs to mind is the roof top where our first date was held.

Maybe that's where we're going.

An hour later, Dylan rings me to tell me to go downstairs because the first part of the surprise is here.

I walk down the stairs, feeling my nerves pick up with each step I take.

Walking out of the lobby doors, I look to see a black limo sitting there with the driver waiting by the door for me.

I walk over in shock looking at the beautiful car. The limo driver smiles at me, before handing me a note.

"For you Miss Taylor," he smiles.

I open the envelope with Dylan's handwriting on it and start reading the note inside.

'Dear Katy,

Here's surprise number one.
I know you've always said that you like to travel in style, so here's the most stylish ride I could find for you.
I hope you like it.
Surprise number two is waiting inside.

All my love,
Dylan.'

I squeal in excitement, I've never rode in a limo before!

The limo driver smiles at me once again before opening the door for me.

I wonder what surprise number two is.

I look in to see exactly what it is. Sitting in there, sipping champagne while holding my goddaughter is Kristie.

I squeal in excitement as I jump in, pulling her into a tight hug while trying not to crush Rose.

"Oh my god, you're here!" I squeal.

"Holy crap, I am aren't I?" she smiles at me before hugging me again.

I look down once we pull away to see a sleeping Rose in Kristie's arms. She looks beautiful lying there, so peaceful.

She's got a lot bigger since the last time I saw her, which was a least three months ago. She looks so much like Kristie; she's got her lips and her colour hair.

She's so cute.

"Look at Rose, she's got so big!" I coo at her as she slowly opens her eyes.

I stare to see a beautiful pair of clear blue eyes, blue eyes clear like the ocean. They're stunning.

"Her eyes are beautiful," I say in awe.

"I know, she gets them from Aaron, he has the most beautiful eyes," she sighs clearly thinking of him.

"You guys still going strong then?" I ask, wanting to know everything since I last saw her.

"Things are going brilliantly, I couldn't happier. Aaron is an amazing dad; he's so loving and attentive with her. He loves her to death. We live together now, in a nice little house just outside of London. We're a little family."

She looks so happy as she speaks about her life with her family. I can't wait until my baby gets here.

"But look at you, I can see the bump!" she beams at me as her eyes got to my baby bump. I love my baby bump; it shows the world that I have a life growing inside of me.

"I know look at it! I'm getting so big!"

"Ha, big? Sweetie wait until you're at eight months, that's big," she smiles at me.

Jesus, I don't know if I'm ready to be that big!

"But believe me sweetie, it's so worth it," she says as she smiles down at Rose.

She gives her such as soft and loving look, one full of happiness and devotion. Now I really can't wait to have my baby with me.

"Okay, stop hogging my goddaughter! I wanna hold her!"

We make the drive completely wrapped up in our own world, just talking about everything that's happened to us lately.

I tried as hard as I could to get any information out of her about where we were going, but she wasn't saying anything. Everyone was determined to keep me in the dark.

Suddenly we come to a stop and the driver comes to open the door for us.

I step out to see my old school standing there before me, looking just as I remember it.

I stare at it in confusion, wondering why we were here.

I turn back to look at Kristie who's still sitting in the limo.

She smiles at me and hands me another note.

"This is where I leave you sweetie. Dylan's arranged for us to meet tomorrow, apparently we're going to a spa together!" she says as her eyes shine with excitement.

"I'll see you tomorrow, enjoy!" she squeals at me as the door closes and the limo drives away.

I wave at her through the window before turning back to the school building and opening the third note of the evening.

'Dear Katy,

By this point, I can imagine you're pretty confused as to why you're here.
This is the place that we first met, the place where I found the girl with so much sadness in her beautiful eyes.
Now walk into the school, follow the signs for the next surprise.

All my love,
Dylan.'

I feel tears prickle at me eyes at the note, but I fight them back. I can't cry yet.

I walk to the front doors to find them unlocked and start following the trail of rose petals on the floor.

It soon dawns on me that I know exactly where I was going.

I stop outside of the art room and smile at myself. This is the room where we met, where he found my picture.

I slowly walk in, expecting Dylan to be in there. He's not.

I look around until I spot something stuck to the whiteboard at the front. I gasp in shock.

Staring at me is the picture that Dylan found, the one I drew of my sad eyes. I can't believe he kept it.

Next to it sits another note, so I reach out and open it.

'Dear Katy,

I know you were probably expecting me to be here, but I'm afraid you're just going have to wait a little longer to see me.
This is the room that I found the picture that changed my life.

I never fought anyone felt the way that I did, but then I saw a pair of beautifully sad eyes in a painting, and I suddenly knew that I wasn't so alone anymore. I knew that no one could paint a picture with that much emotion in it without feeling it themselves.
It was then that my search for you started.
I was determined to find the girl that held the same emotions that I felt, and I did. It was here, on that table at the back, that I met the girl of my dreams.
Luckily, I still get to call her mine.
Take the picture and go back to the front, the next surprise should be here for you.

All my love,
Dylan.'

I take the picture gently, smiling at it. I remember painting this, and the panic I felt when I lost it.

Who knew losing that painting would be the best thing that ever happened to me.

I walk back the way that I came to see a red convertible sitting outside of the school, the one that Dylan used to drive when I first met him.

I walk over as once again a driver opens to door for me and hands me a note.

'Dear Katy,

I lied, turns out there is a more stylish way of travelling.

All my love,
Dylan.'

I laugh at the note, before feeling the sudden rush of air as we start driving down the road.

Looking around, I start recognising places from my memories, until one hits me like a wave.

We start strolling down my old street until we reach my old house, the one I lived in with Sarah and Michael.

The place looks different somehow, happier. The doors been painted to a brighter white, and the flowers out front are no longer dead. The people living in this house are looking after it a lot better than we ever did.

I step out of the car and walk over to the front door. Once again, a note waits for me there.

'Dear Katy,

This is the place where I found out about the sadness behind the picture.
I pushed your boundaries, and came here uninvited to see why you suddenly started ignoring me.
I can't be happier that I did that.
I may never have found out about your life if I didn't push, so I'm not sorry I did that.
Look at this house now; look at the happiness that lives here. A very nice family now take up residence here and have really turned the place around.
I'm hoping this house doesn't look as daunting and scary to you as it once did. I hope you can now face it.
Go around the corner to where you poured your heart out to me on that night, the next surprise is waiting...

All my love,
Dylan.'

Tears once again prickle at my eyes. I stare at the house from my childhood nightmares, the house where I lived in the nightmare.

Standing in front of it now, it doesn't feel as terrifying as it once did. Maybe this is a sign that I've got stronger, a sign that I've moved on. I can't help but feel proud of myself for that.

I give the house one last look and feel a little smile form on my mouth before walking down the street. I hope the other family make better memories here than I did.

As I round the corner, I gasp.

Sitting there is a beautiful slick black motorcycle.

Once again, I can't help but squeal in excitement.

The guy climbs off and hands me another note.

'Dear Katy,

I know how much you've always wanted to ride one of these.
Enjoy!'

All my love,
Dylan.'

I smile at the note again before accepting the helmet the driver is offering me.

I can't believe I'm about to ride a motorcycle!

As we start moving, the feel of the wind flying all around me is amazing. The speed makes me smile to myself, this is awesome!

Eventually, we come to a stop. I'm a little disappointed that the ride is over, that is until I see where I am.

Endless graves spread out before me including my family's grave.

Tears start rolling fast down my cheeks as I look out at them, and slowly start walking through the grave yard until I reach theirs.

Another note is attached to my mother's grave.

'Dear Katy,

I thought you would like to say hello.

All my love,
Dylan.'

I look up from the note to see fresh flowers on each grave, Dylan must have bought them.

I can't help but feel so lucky as I think of the guy I get to call mine.

"Hey guys," I start, my voice sounding rough as the tears start falling at a faster speed.

"I guess you met Dylan then," I smile, "he really is a truly amazing guy isn't he."

I just stare at the words on each grave, each name linking each person to me.

"I miss you guys so much," I choke out, "but I'm happy," I say, as a smile graces my lips.

"I have the most amazing man in my life and the most amazing friends. For quite some time, I never believed that I would be happy, but I really am!

I'm pregnant with Dylan's child; I'm going to be mum. I pray that I'll be a mother like you mum; I pray that I'll be as loving and caring as you were. I pray that Dylan is just like you dad, as funny and charming as you were. And I pray my children are just like you boys, mischievous yet so loving.

I want a family like we had, I hope I get it.

You would have been an amazing grandmother and grandfather, and you guys would have been amazing uncles. I wish you were here to go through this with me, I wish my child would have had the chance to meet you. But I guess that's just life isn't it, we don't always get the things we want.

I'll tell my children all about you guys, the love and happiness we had.

I love you," I finish, taking a deep breath to calm myself.

I smile at them once more before turning around and walking back the way that I came.

With each step I take, I feel like I'm leaving a part of me behind to stay with my family. But I also feel happy and excited to see where this trail leads me.

I start to realise that this is a trail of our lives together in England.

We started where we first met, then to my house and now to my family's graves. I think I know where we're going next.

Waiting for me once again is the motorcycle. He must have known that I would want another ride on it. Before putting the helmet on, I wipe at the tear stains under my eyes. I don't want to look sad when I see Dylan.

I put the helmet on and once again we're off.

I was right.

All too soon, we pull up outside the building with the rooftop from our first date.

I can't help but smile at the memories from here.

Having the beautiful meal, laughing and smiling with Dylan, slow dancing around the candles and flowers.

I really do have the sweetest man in the world.

I thank to driver for letting me ride the motorcycle before making my way to the building and tackling the stairs.

Finally, I reach the top and open the door I remember leading to the rooftop.

Flowers and candles lie everywhere on the rooftop and I can't help smile at the déjà vu that I'm getting.

Then my eyes land on Dylan standing in the middle, looking beautiful in his tux.

And finally, I've reached the treasure on my treasure hunt.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

106K 2.2K 20
Young Dylan O'Brien fell head over heels for famous actress Katy. However after a drunken night, Katy ends up pregnant. Once the little girl is born...
2.5M 52.4K 43
I left him. I never thought in a million years I would be the one to walk, but I was. I left the man I was madly in love with, I had no idea where I...
136K 4K 19
❝That's the thing about love. It isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be smooth, but it's going to be worth it. Because sometimes you have to ta...
6.5K 168 26
Julia gets in a terrible car crash that kills her family. Soon after she figures out her mother and father weren't her mother and father. She figures...