Dangerous Work[On Hold]

By Mintyhippo95

She is wanted everywhere throughout the city of New York. 'Avalanche', as some know her by because she gets r... More

Characters
Prologue
Avalanche
Tickets
Crown of Corona
Summer Gala
Slumber Party?!?
Sleep Over Day 2
Pink Panther
Artemis
Operation Jelsa
Checkup
The Golden Hook
Welcome to the Nightmares
Elsa
Happy Halloween
Returning the Favor
Friends
Sacrifice
First Heist
Fairytales
Tragedies Bring People Together
Ruby Rose
Operation
I'll Take Care of You
Runaway
Heist
Give her a Chance
What Have You Done!!!!!
Ring
Welcome to the Family
First Date
Stay Away
Gone
Diabolical Plan
Be Patient
First Snowfall
Pocahontas's Necklace
Finally Ready
Explanation
Christmas Eve
Flight to France
Mona Lisa
Concert
The Love Lock Bridge
Your Idiot...... Forever
Never Leaving
A Lottle
Perfect Little Creation
Wedding
Family Reunion
Day at the Cabin
Identity Revealed

Birthday

1.7K 63 17
By Mintyhippo95

Jack's POV

I woke up hearing the sound of someone knocking on the door. I ran down the stairs and saw Elsa sleeping on the furry rug near the fireplace, face resting on a book.

I opened the door, and Merida and Hiccup were standing there with presents.

"Hey guys, what's with the gifts?"

"It is Elsa's 22nd birthday!" Mer said pushing me out of the way and walking in the house.

It is her birthday! Why didn't she tell me?!?!?!

Merida was kneeling beside her gently shaking her.

"Elsa, rise and shine birthday girl."

Elsa's eyes fluttered open, and she smiled when she saw Merida.

"Hey Mer, what are you doing here?" she yawned.

"It is your birthday silly, you're turning 22. I came by to give you a present, take you out, and spend time with you."

"Ugh! You know I hate my birthday." Elsa groaned.

Why would someone her age hate their birthday?

"Please, I miss you Els. I can take care of myself, please don't shut me out." Mer said softly, and I could tell tears were in her eyes.

"Mer............" Elsa started.

"Please, you are basically my sister. We have protected each other all these years, we are the best dynamic duo. Now all of a sudden you shut me out."

"Exactly Merida, that is what I'm trying to do now, protect you. I love you too much to let anything happen to you."

"Elsa, I can take care of myself. I went through the same training as you. Elsa, I know you are trying to make it easier when you leave, but right now I feel like you hate me and are abandoning me."

"Mer.........." Elsa said with tears in her eyes, "I could never hate you." Then she raised her middle finger in the air, "Bad-ass sisters forever?"

"Forever!" Mer said, and interlocked her middle finger with Elsa's. Then they hugged it out. If only she would listen to me.

"Let's get you ready, me and Hiccup have the whole day planned. You're going to love my present! I had it shipped and then tweaked it for you!" Mer said, then dragged Elsa upstairs.

I quickly got ready, then sat downstairs with Hiccup on a couch.

"So Jack, what are you doing here?" he said smirking at me.

"Elsa worked me so hard yesterday at dance practice I couldn't move my legs, so I couldn't ride my bike home. She let me stay in one of her spare rooms and sleep here." I said.

"How is she holding up? Mer said she is getting really depressed lately."

"It is bad, but she still has some fight left in her." I said.

"I feel bad for her, Mer told me everything. Her life has been horrible, yet she hasn't turned dark yet. She is just a lost soul, waiting to be found." he said.

"Alright, where are we going?" Elsa said walking into the room looking simple yet beautiful in a pair of black leggings, a loose cream blouse with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows, a pair of black pointy toed heels, a few rings on her fingers, a little makeup on, her disguise on, a honey blonde wig that reached down past her shoulders, and a black clutch. (Outfit in media section)

"Merida picked out all of your favorite places." Hiccup said smiling at her, but first open your presents."

"Fine, but you really didn't have to get anything." Elsa said, then sat down and took her presents.

Hiccup got her some books and a new laptop, and Merida got her this weird looking gun that I have never seen before and a few pieces of clothing.

"Thanks guys!" she said smiling and hugged them both. I felt left out, but how was I supposed to know?

"Now come on!" Mer said, but when she opened the door she gasped in horror, then hid Hiccup behind some furniture. Hans stepped into the room with two bags.

"Hans! What a pleasant surprise." Elsa said walking up to him and kissed him quickly.

"Yeah, just came to drop off your dancing costumes." he growled at her, and threw them to the side.

"Well that was very sweet of you." she smiled. Then Hans looked up at me and glared.

"Elsa, what is he doing here?" he growled, "Are you cheating on me?!"

"Hans, I would ne............" then he punched her right in the face. She was knocked to the ground, then he started kicking her.

"YOU FUCKING SLUT!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!" he said repeatedly kicking her nonstop. I wanted to cry and kill him when I saw her cough up blood, but I knew he would hurt Emma if I did anything.

"Hans, back off!" Merida shouted pushing him away.

"Watch it red." he growled.

"Hans, she was teaching him the dancing routine for the heist!" Merida shouted, and pushed him away from her.

"Well she had better be." he said glaring at me, then walked out not even checking to see was she okay.

Mer ran up to her, and Elsa sat there on the floor and cried.

"Elsa!" Hiccup said running to her, "Who was that?"

"That was Hans, her boss. He forced her to become his girlfriend, and beats her constantly. If she messes up on a mission, likes another guy, gets attached to anyone, or disobeys him, he will kill her sister and everyone she loves." Mer said while gently stroking Elsa's fake hair while she sobbed into her lap.

"Oh Elsa, I'm so sorry." he said. I walked up to them, and gently put Elsa into my arms and rocked her gently. She started sobbing into my chest, and it broke me.

Mer and Hiccup gave me a thumbs up, but I hardly noticed. She was still coughing up blood and sobbing, bruises were forming on her body, and she had cuts on her cheek from where that bastred punched her. She can't even defend herself otherwise someone will kill her sister, he is a coward!

"Elsa, please stop crying. It hurts me when you cry." I said softly but still she sobbed on.

I follow the night

Can't stand the light

When will I begin to live again?

Mer sang in a scratchy yet not terrible voice. As she sang Elsa stopped crying and looked over at her. When Mer finished she nodded at Elsa, and Elsa started to sing in her perfectly perfect voice.

One day I'll fly away

Leave all this to yesterday

What more could your love do for me?

When will love be through with me?

Why live life from dream to dream

And dread the day when dreaming ends?

After that Mer kissed her head and smiled at her.

"One day soon Elsa you will fly away and be free, I can feel it, in my belly." she said and Elsa laughed.

"Thanks Mer." she said wiping her eyes, "You always know how to make me feel better. I'm going to miss you during the holidays."

"Yeah Elsa, about that. I don't want you to stay home alone this Thanksgiving or any other holiday for that matter. Not after what happened last year." Mer said.

"What happened last year?" I asked, and everyone looked unsure to answer.

SERIOUSLY?!? Why am I the last one to know anything?!

"Jack, Hans hired a bunch of men to capture Elsa. He was going to chain her up and rape her." Hiccup said sadly looking at her.

"WHAT!?!?!" I yelled in horror.

"She killed them all, but I don't want her to be alone." Mer said.

"Mer, I have no one." she said.

"You have me, you are always welcome to spend it with me." I said offering again.

"No." she said bluntly.

"Elsa, come on it would be safer." Hiccup said.

"Hans could just track me." she said.

"Elsa, please. Just tell him you are going to Florida to hang out with some friends. You technically aren't lying." Mer said.

"No." Elsa said again.

"Elsa Snow Arendelle! If you do not go there, then I will drag your skinny ass there by your hair!" Mer yelled then got really soft, "I don't want anything to happen to you, I love you too much. It would kill me to see you get hurt or knocked up by that nutjob."

"Fine." Elsa said exasperated, "But I won't enjoy it." she said crossing her arms.

Mer chuckled at Elsa's reaction but nodded, "Fine, now come on and lets go. You can do touchups in the car." Mer said then ran towards the door. I stood up with Elsa still in my arms.

"Jack, put me down!" she yelled, but I shook my head. She glared at me the entire way to the car until I sat her down in the back with Merida.

Seriously what is this girls problem? One minute she is all sweet to everyone, next she is cold and hates my guts!

I jumped in the front with Hiccup, and he drove off. On the way Merida redid Elsa's makeup and covered up the new bruises and cuts until she looked good as new. Then they sat in the back chatting until we reached their destination.

"NO!" Elsa gasped in shock.

"Yes!" Mer said.

They jumped out of the car and started running.

"I don't get it, it is just an ice skating rink." I said to Hiccup.

"Elsa loves winter sports, ice skating and snowboarding most of all." he said.

He knew more about Elsa than I did! Sort of jealous and upset right now.

I got out of the car and walked into the ice skating rink to see Elsa and Mer already on the ice. Elsa was doing this graceful routine that called for a bunch of figure skating moves, while Mer speed skated.

I never pictured Elsa being graceful on something so cold, but she was. She had every move precise and perfected, like she had been doing this her whole life. When she finished her routine she was smiling and her cheeks were flushed.

"Wow Els, you're a natural." Hiccup said.

"Thanks, where I'm from the winters are really harsh and cold. So this was a frequent activity I did growing up." she said looking at the ice.

"Seriously Elsa, that was amazing." I said smiling at her, but she just looked at me blankly and nodded her head. After that she took off her skates and walked away.

"Dude, she must either really hate you or really love you." Mer chuckled.

"I'm going to guess it is the first one." I said, then walked off too.

Hiccup's POV

After Jack walked off I turned to Merida and smirked.

"So how is progress on project Jelsa?"

"Going a little worse than planned, but overall not bad. She is shutting him out like so he doesn't get hurt. She defiantly cares about him, but how much is the real question."

"Well, Jack defiantly cares about her, that is for sure." I chuckled, "But how is this going to work when she gets out and moves?"

"She isn't going to move." Mer said, and I was confused.

"What?"

"She doesn't want to move, but she knows as long as she is in the city the Nightmares will keep trying to recruit her again until they make an offer or threat that she can't refuse. If the Nightmares were gone, then she would stay in the city."

"What are you saying Mer?" I asked still confused.

"We are going to take down the Nightmares. I can get info from the inside, and you can start catching them one by one. Eventually they will run out of people and get weak, and that is when we strike."

"Mer that is a great plan, but we need more than just us." I said.

"Hiccup, you know that Jack was forced to join. He can't have any part of it, nor can Elsa. Maybe when she gets out, but not now. We'll start by getting a few people caught at first, then as time goes by increase the numbers."

"I don't know Mer, I don't want you to get hurt." I said worried about her. I knew Elsa took most of the beatings for her, but when Mer did get punished it was not pretty.

"Please Hiccup, for the future of Jelsa and the happiness of our friends." she said.

"Fine, I can't say no to you." I chuckled and peaked her lips making her cheeks turn crimson, "Lets take down the Nightmares."

"Thanks Hic, you're the best boyfriend ever!" she said hugging me.

"Remember that when you meet my family for Thanksgiving." I said.

"They liked me when I first met them." she said rolling her eyes.

"True, but that was for a few hours, this is for a few days."

"I would be more worried about my three brothers, they will eat them alive." she smirked.

I remembered the first time I met her brothers, they tied me up and locked me into a closet for hours until Mer found me. They were wee little devils.

"Yeah, good point." I said, and she playfully punched me.

"Yo! Lovebirds, stop making googly eyes at each other!" Elsa yelled, and we both blushed furiously.

We walked out to the car where both Elsa and Jack were smirking at us.

"Don't you say a word." Mer growled at them.

"Fine, lovebird." Elsa said, and Mer lost it.

She had a tendency to be short tempered. Mer started fighting Elsa in the parkinglot, and the battle was epic. In the end though Mer had her face in the pavement, and Elsa was sitting on her back and had her in a hold.

"AHHHHHHH" Mer yelled while kicking her legs furiously like a little kid. Jack was trying so hard not to laugh, but I thought it was cute.

"Merida, Merida, Merida. I have been at this game longer than you." Elsa chuckled and let her go.

"How can you do it in heels though?" Mer said getting up and brushing the dirt off her.

"High heels, big deal. I'll still kick your ass." Elsa shrugged. Merida glared at her, but knew Elsa had her beat. Elsa was the one who mainly trained Merida, so she knew how Mer thought and fought.

"Fine." Mer grumbled, and jumped in the front of the car.

Elsa jumped in the back and started fixing her wig, while Jack sat in the back and stared at her. He was so helpless for her, even if he won't admit it yet. My little boy is growing up.

While those two were in the back doing nothing, I sat up front and held Mer's hand. She really isn't a girly girl, but she didn't seem to mind this. I was actually really happy I found her and decided to stay with her. I know we are both young and all, but I really think she is the one. I'm actually thinking about proposing to her. Yes I know it might be a little too soon, but I just can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

I didn't know though what type of ring she would like, and what way she would like me to propose to. I really need to talk to Elsa about that, she knows Mer better than anyone.

Merida's POV

The rest the day we spend going horse back riding, rock climbing, a little shopping, and laughing. Well excluding Elsa when Jack would say something, she has been ignoring him all day.

My girl is finally in love with someone, now the hard part is getting her to admit it. I know she doesn't want him to get hurt or be sad when she leaves, which is why I'm planning to skip those two options. Yeah I know taking down the Nightmares is sort of suicide, but she has done so much to make me happy over to years it is time to return the favor.

First things first though is we got to get this girl to admit her feelings, so that is the real mission impossible. Another reason her spending the holidays with Jack is a plus, she can't ignore him the entire time......... at least I think.

Anyway it is really late out now, so we dropped Elsa and Jack back off at her home, and Hiccup is taking me to my place.

"So, here we are." he said smiling at me.

"Yep, home." I said.

"Well, it is getting late. I should probably get to bed." he said.

"Yeah, I have a heist to do tomorrow." I said.

"What?"

"I have to steal the Mulan's sword."

"Okay, be careful." he said with worry filled in his eyes, "I don't want you getting caught or killed."

"I will go my best, but I have to be both the computer person and the thieve. It is going to be a lot of work." I said.

"Well then, I have an idea that just might help." he smiled at me mischievously.

"Wait, are you going to help me steal something?"

"No, that is illegal. I am going to help my girlfriend out so she is safe." he said.

"You really are different." I giggled.

"Good or bad?"

"A little bit of both." I said while messing up his hair, "I have got to sleep, and tomorrow I will let you know all of the info we have on the building and the heist." I said.

"Okay, sweet dreams Mer."

"You too Hic, love you." I said, then quickly covered my mouth in shock. I never said I love you before, what if it was too soon!?

Hiccup smiled at me and kissed my head.

"Love you too, now get your ass out of my car and into your bed. You need rest." he said.

I blushed, but got out of his car and walked into my home. I quickly got washed up and put my pj's on, then I jumped into bed and fell asleep with a smile of my face.

Elsa's POV

Overall today was fun. I am currently back at my mansion with Jack who is basically staring at my every move.

I quickly take off my disguise, and put on a pair of pj's, then I walk downstairs and sit by the fireplace. I don't say or do anything besides watch it's flames dancing before my eyes.

I really wish Anna could have been here today, I miss not seeing her bubbly face first thing in the morning.

"Elsa, this silence is killing me. Please say something." Jack said.

"Go home Jack, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Not what I was expecting." he said.

"Jack, I don't know what you want me to say. When I said I needed to stay away from you, I didn't think that talking and you watching my every step was still involved."

"Elsa, I just want to hang out with you."

"No you don't, you just pity me. You feel terrible for everything you have done to me considering my shitty life, so now you are only trying to make up for it by hanging around. Once you feel the debt has been paid you will leave, and I will be alone again." I said turning around to finally face him, "I am trying to be a better person and protect you from the Nightmares as best as I can, and you are not making it any easier on me."

"Elsa, that is not why I am hanging around, and you know it." he said sounding a little aggravated.

"Then what?! Surly it isn't my charm or personality. I'm only guessing it is because of the money and fame that goes with the whole Elizabeth Winters look."

"NO!!! God woman, why are you so impossible! I don't care about any of those things!" he yelled pacing around frustrated.

"Then what the hell is it?!" I yelled at him, "What makes me so God damn special that you stare at me with those lost puppy dog eyes all the time, that you always insist on me talking to you, that you will make up any excuse to be around me, that you would help me out like we have been friends since childhood? Seriously what?!"

"I l............. never mind." he said angry, then stormed out of my house.

I felt really sad that he left, and like that, but I did what had to be done. At least now he will be safe from me. I am the unintended bringer of death.

I walked outside into my garden, and sat on the tree swing. The cool air filled my nostrils and helped clear my head. I was always attracted to the cold. When I was little it filled me with joy, now it fills me with newfound hope.

One day I will fly away, one day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 781 40
What do you do when you all you do is argue with your best friend? Everyday its an argument one after the other? Leave or stay? So many questions tha...
135K 5.2K 24
(Book 3) After a long journey of different, extraordinary worlds, the team return back in Arendelle. But in their present absence, evil was plotted...
85.5K 2.2K 26
The story takes place months after Elsa has found her happiness. After reports of crystallized black ash are found sweeping through Arendelle, pe...
28.5K 1K 19
Elsa, the Snow Queen, has given up her crown to her little sister, Anna, who was now Queen of Arendelle. there is a law in their land that only one...