Business (completed) |H.S|

By Into1D

1D watty awards winner | Completed| Harry Styles is a psychology student with a bright future, but when his m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Thank you and announcements :)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! PLEASE READ
Chapter 36
TEARS
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 63 + thank you so much
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Final Chapter
Sequel (Please read)
New book: Between Devil and Satan

Chapter 50

1.3K 66 16
By Into1D

HEY CUTIES! VOTE AND COMMENT!

- The assassin's run -

*50*

Patrick wrapped his arm around my waist and placed a kiss on my cheek, in the middle of the dance floor. He came at the worst moment of the dinner. I greeted him with the struggle of suppressing my face of displeasure. The singer, like in trance, carried on with a third song.

My envy of dancing faded away in the split of second I noticed Patrick's presence. Of course, I asked him to come; however, I didn't expect to enjoy the dinner that much.

"Let's take a seat," I told him and I dragged him towards the empty table whose occupants were all enjoying themselves elsewhere. Patrick was well turned-out with his white tuxedo. The white clothing didn't fit too much with his white skin, so he looked like a white carrot. But it didn't mean he wasn't elegant or good looking.

"I didn't know you were good at speeches." He complimented and took Styles' place at the table.

"I didn't either." I told him, giggling.

"You must wear this dress more often, every man must be drooling on you." He took out his I-pad from the bag he brought. With a sign of an eye, he motioned for me to check on the screen. A hundred of videos and photos popped out.

"I watched you on the livestream of the company, everyone's talking about the 'new Evelyn Sethi'" I was a bit surprised by what was showing up. Wearing the dress I bought in total rush from a debutant dress designer made my fame increase within a few minutes.

"Hey Evelyn!" Angelica's voice could be heard from behind me. As I turned my head around, I saw her with a loose braid and a long white dress to hide the last scars on her legs. But she was gorgeous.

I greeted her back and she sat next to us. She glanced at the man next to me and smiled.

"Oh I forgot, Angelica is a long-time friend" I introduced, pointing at her then continued. "and this is Patrick, my boy...friend."

"Nice to meet you," she grinned warmly as usual. Patrick only smiled in reply.

"You stopped dancing?" I asked her, looking at Styles who couldn't stop moving like a fool.

"Yeah, Harry became quite embarrassing and my feet hurt me. I'm not used to wearing high-heels anymore." She admitted before calling Styles with a sign of her hand. When he noticed us, he immediately stopped his horrendous dance moves and walked towards us. Drop of sweat ran on his forehead and he could barely breathe, making us laugh.

Styles finally shook Patrick's hand and settled at Payne's previous place.

"You were setting fire to the dance floor!" I complimented him sarcastically and Angie and I laughed.

"Keep laughing, girls. I'm just having fun." His panting voice let out before taking his champagne glass from in front of Patrick. He gulped the liquor down within a few seconds. Once he seemed to regain strength, his head turned to Patrick.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Harry." He introduced himself and gave him a smile as always.

"Patrick."

Since the beginning of the night, I was apprehensive about the two men meeting. The main reason was Styles and Angie's insistence to meet him, which sounded like a scheme to me. But that wasn't the only cause of my apprehension. I wanted to see how Styles would react when he met him and vice versa. As always Styles held his nice behavior however, the other one didn't look enthusiastic once the couple joined us.

"So you two are friends with Eve for a long?" he asked, breaking the sudden calm that gave a better place to the slow music.

"Yeah, I know her since her thirteen's. And Harry's known her last year," Styles didn't confirm with a nod since he was busy drinking another champagne glass so I acquiesced for him.

"And you Patrick? For how long do you know each other?" She asked, even if I already told her how we met when I was at her apartment.

"A few months." He simply replied and turned towards Styles. "Angelica, right? I've heard you underwent an operation, it must've been hard for you."

"Yeah, but when there's someone by your side, even the worst feeling is bearable." She grinned, looking at the man she indirectly mentioned who smiled in response. Shi-t, they're so adorable as a couple!

"Man, I respect you. I mean you had the strength to get with her despite her tare."

Styles' face darkened while Angelica seemed a bit surprised. He placed his glass down and leant in closer towards the man next to me. The atmosphere turned out to be uptight between them, and even for us.

"You know, I didn't have the 'strength', I accept her as she is." His voice came out hoarse and reproaching, which I understood. Patrick's words took me aback, too. I didn't know it was his normal self or if he acted like a dic-k. I didn't invite him to get my friends mad at him!

To my relief, the last song stopped and people announced that the dinner was served. Everyone evacuated the dance floor to join back their tables. Payne, Tomlinson and that girl whose family name was too long to be pronounced, arrived.

"Haz, move your ass from my chair!" Payne groaned, shaking the white chair where Styles sat. "Oh, we have guests," he noticed Patrick and Angie who waved at him.

"You guys aren't going to change Liam's system of tables this easily. It's a special table here." That unnamed girl said before sitting on the only unoccupied spot. She seemed to know him very well, as she worked as his assistant before. I found her pretentious, which didn't really please me or Angelica.

"Okay Gina, we're leaving!" Angelica announced with a hint of cynicism and slowly got up from her chair. "Patrick, there's a free spot at our table. Join us!"

He didn't react immediately but wrapped his hand around my neck. He placed his lips on mine about to make out with me. However, there were people around us and he acted strangely so I pulled him back slowly. That small kiss, even if it lasted a few seconds, disgusted me. Or did he disgust me? I never showed Patrick to anyone else before so I just discovered how he behaved with others.

"You two should take a room." Tomlinson hissed with a smirk.

"Sure," Patrick said and this time, I couldn't cover my angry face with a smile. So I gave him an annoyed look. We didn't agree on the fact that he would play the role of a dirty and disrespectful boyfriend. "Let's take our place, Angelica. Would you like me to help you?"

Saying nice things weren't going to save him! I would yell at him for a few hours for this.

As the waiters served the plate of seafood, the others took place around the table. Styles moved next to me and gave me a strange look. I agreed with the fact that he was mad. Patrick openly insulted him and her girlfriend. However, it wasn't my fault, there was no reason to blame me for it.

A waitress placed a large plate of seafood in front of me then, in front of others. The plate was trimmed with shrimps, something that looked like fish and a piece of squid served on a bed of salad and lemon. I couldn't wait to stab it all with a fork and eat everything on the table, to make up for the bad mood Patrick gave me.

"It's so delicious," I hummed, eating the first mouthful.

"I feel you, Evelyn. But isn't it a bit dried?" That pretentious girl asked again. She should shut up and enjoy this kind of food she might only afford once in a year, instead of criticizing everything.

"Gina, close your mouth, shi-t escapes from it." Styles spat, before shoving another shrimp in his mouth. I looked at the others who didn't seem surprised and laughed. So I guess no one could deal with that Gina since she couldn't hold her futile opinion for my mother's public apparition and speeches.

"The wise words I say are considerably helping this poor company to progress." She added again, rolling her eyes on Styles.

"Of course, because your words selling for hundred million pounds of products for this poor company." I told her sarcastically and the others deliberately laughed at her.

"Girls! Girls!" Payne interfered before she could even reply. "Enjoy the meal and don't make people see you're fighting. We're promoting an amazing and peaceful Sethi Cosmetics."

**~**

The restrooms were totally empty as Bruno Mars came back on stage for a few more songs. All the women ran back outside. I was hiding from Patrick in there. If I ever got in front of him, I wouldn't even be able to stop my hand from slapping him right on his face. I didn't want to be questioned by journalists since they surely noticed him kissing me. I wish I never had to invite Patrick.

"Eve, are you okay? Any pain in the stomach?" Styles shook me up from my deep thoughts. He was in the frame of the door. I wasn't surprised to see him in the women's restrooms since there weren't any for men either.

"No, don't worry. I'm on medicines today." I reassured him since he noticed my uncomfortable state during the dinner. "This music is just going to kill me."

He let out a small chuckle. Then, he stepped in and with large pace joined me next to the basins. Styles washed his hands then smirked at me.

"So this Patrick is really your boyfriend?" he asked me, which didn't surprise me anymore. He could see clear in everything I did.

"No, of course. But..." My hesitation and my pride stopped me from continuing. I felt stupid for lying about this futile thing.

"Yeah I feel you." He uttered comprehensively, which astounded me. He looked at me with a weak smile that I could comprehend. The fading song from outside was the only thing I could overhear through the thick walls of the restrooms.

"You feel me?" I said with same tone as his. My curiosity couldn't be held, since it made me suddenly nourish the hope that this perfect life he seemed to live was fake.

He scratched his neck with discomfiture, with a certain hesitation.

"Yeah, kind of." He sighed to my surprise.

"Styles, I've told you so many of my problems." I started, breaking the large distance between us. He made so many things for me that I cared about him much more than I usually did. "If you have problems, then you should tell someone instead of holding them."

"Are you quoting me?" he chuckled and its sound gave an odd sensation.

"Yeah, I think I've learnt a few things from you." I didn't know how wide my smile became as I finished saying my words.

"Do you think Angie and I are meant to be?" his question surprised me much more than his previous statements. The questions only made my mouth fall open. As far as I remembered, Styles only thought about her, being with her and only her. Why did he suddenly change his mind?

"Erm, I think so. You two are a cute couple." I stuttered words without a less obvious conviction that in my mind. He turned his back on the large mirror and leant against the basin. I did the same and glanced at him. "Why do you ask me? Aren't you sure?"

"I was. But I'm not sure anymore since we live together." He said. I could see bitterness in his look, this wasn't the Styles who couldn't help smiling a few minutes ago.

"You're bored of her?" I asked, stupidly. It only made him laugh, but it was better than his sad look. Styles was the only one good at listening and asking questions. Before even asking, he knew what my problems were.

"No," he said in between his chuckles. "Angie is all I want-ed, I like taking care of her and all. She seems so sure of our future. She already sees us in a few years, married. I'm not against that. I'm just not as convinced as she is."

"Maybe it'll come with time." I said, but my heart couldn't stop jolting in my chest. I attempted to suppress the happiness from my expression. Shi-t, he trusted me enough to tell me his problems, which got him upset. However, I found a way to be happy with his disappointment.

"With time..." he repeated. I could see that he was torn into many options. "I don't have time. Everyone forces me to do something right now!"

His voice turned louder and he left his small spot against the basin to make the hundred steps in the room. His muscles became prominent under the tight jacket he wore and his eyes came darker.

"Her parents want me to marry her someday. But I'm not strong enough to handle such a long relationship! I'm not ready for that." he groaned with fear and I swear the fists that his hands formed were about to punch the wall. At first, I tried to get as far from him as I could. Styles scared me as if my subconscious told me to pay attention. I'd never seen him this angry. I could understand his anger. No one could force him to do such a thing while he didn't want. That was the reason why I broke up with Lens. I wasn't ready for marriage, too.

"Yeah, I know, I know. You're too young for that. They can't force you." I told him, starting to make a few steps towards him.

"Angie doesn't even know that!" he grumbled as I got behind him. He sighed in frustration. Last time I saw him exploding and showing his madness like this was a long ago. Styles excelled in hiding his rage, the only thing I could see in him was his happiness. He must be so tortured that he couldn't keep it for him anymore.

"Chill, Harry. You're going to find a solution." My voice endeavored to be reassuring as his in these situations, saying his name to increase the impact of my words. I wrapped my hands around his tensed arm. I could feel through his arm all the tension in him so I only rubbed there above the material of his jacket. The tension seemed to release as his biceps and triceps relaxed under my hands. He let out another sigh, but this time, the frustration couldn't be felt in it anymore.

His body turned towards me as I let go of his arm. His scrunched eyebrows and frowned forehead lightened up, to my relief. He was in his normal self... I hoped so. I didn't want to face this furious Styles anymore.

"Are you okay now?" I asked him with some apprehension as his body spun around.

"Thank you for listening to me. I am going insane." He uttered with a fast shift of tone. He became soft and sweet again.

"What are friends for?"

With a few moves, his hand settled on my cheek, tracing a line towards my lip with his thumb. His green eyes hypnotized me and the touch of his hand burnt my cheek. He gave me the impression that he wanted to kiss me, didn't he? Why would he do that? He leant in and with slowness, he pressed his lips to mine. My eyes closed and I placed my hands on his shoulders. However, he pushed me back gently, giving me such a disappointment that my eyes popped open.

"I'm sorry..." he said. But through his apologies, I sensed its lack of assurance. I wrapped my arms around his neck and threw myself against him, eager to lock our lips.

"I don't mind." Was my response before pressing my lips against his. His arms held me stronger by my waist and he pushed me against his hips. Our kiss came deeper as his tongue slid into my mouth, one of his hands ran to my neck. My heart couldn't stop beating faster and faster as he tightened his hold around me. The feeling I was going through surprised me.

While we kissed, my feelings for him grew in a manner I couldn't understand. Was it the fact that I missed his sensuous lips and his gentle hands? Or was it something else?

My body shifted stiff and he disconnected our lips. His eyes stared at me as his hand stroked my cheek as a tear threatened to escape. Shi-t what was happening to me?

HEY HEY HEY EVERYONE! SHIT SHIT THE FEELINGS GOING THROUGH ME RN. I CANT WAIT TO WRITE MORE TBH (as always) AND I MAY HAVE TIME SINCE PEOPLE SAY UNI IS GONNA BE CLOSED. I DON'T LIKE UNI BUT I WANT TO STUDY.

FIVE YEARS OF ONE DIRECTION TWO DAYS AGO! SHI-T IT COMES SO FAST!!!!! :') OH BTW WATCH THE VIDEO ATTACHED Its BEAUTIFUL AND IM IN IT LOL/

ANYWAY, PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON THIS CHAP!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 498 54
When Harry doesn't know how to behave himself & he just want to have "some fun," management have to do something before he ruin his image. When deny...
185K 3.1K 32
"Hey do you remember my Mum telling you my brother is coming to visit for my birthday?" Gemma says taking her dishes to the kitchen sink. "Yeah I do...
79.4K 621 71
Read these you dirty directioners!
107K 2.1K 63
Sometimes you feel a connection with someone so strong, that it's almost like you're crashing into them. Joselyn Myers knows the feeling well, liter...