The Wanderer

By Bloodline_Xox236

Asteria, a young, 16 year old girl who woke up with no memories of herself. She has a hard time remembering s... More

Asteria
Treehouse
Trust Too Easily
Can Of Peanuts
Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
King Of Snakes
Mechanical Heart
Electric Love
Harmonize
The Royal Blacksmiths
New Roomate
The Power Within
All Or Nothing
The Great Devourer
Giant Snake Problem
Fall Of The Great Devourer
Starting From The Bottom
What You Have Is What You Need
Dareth
There Be Pirates
Pirates Versus Ninja
The Cake Is A Lie
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
Child's Play
Wrong Place
Wrong Time
Unresolved Wounds
Stone Army Uprising
Voyage To Sea
Lighthouse In The Storm
Preparation
Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Countdown
Dawn Of A New Era
Resurgence
Silent Fist
Off The Grid
Broken Bonds
Golden Curse
Digitalize
Sibling Bond
Among The Stars
The Two Losses
The Unknown Element
Off The Island
One Can Remain
Stuck In The Present
The Visit
Where Paths Collide
Follow The Wind
Stiix
The Temple
Onto Cloud Kingdom!
Morro
Kidnapped
Curse World
Fame? Or Frame?
Public Enemy
Return Of Sky Pirates
The Island
Escape
A Last Resort
The Wish
The Encounter
Cyrus Borg
Zane
Ed & Edna
The Attack
The Sewers
The Swamp
Gone
The Palace
Serpentine Child
Samurai X
Found
The Quiet One
Resurrection
Garmadon
Oni And Dragons
Lost
Dragon
Power
Heavy Metal
Chased
Captured
FirstBorne
Home
The Black Cloud
Oni
The Proposal
Lazying Around
The New Enemy
Serpentine History
Sacrifice
Farewell, For Now
Never Realm
Fire-Maker
Traveller's Tree
The Land Bounty
Returning
Prime Empire
New Friend
I Am Okino!
Dance-Off
Speedway
Final Keytana
Unagami
Shintaro
Princess Vania
Failed Rescue
Story Of The Two Blades
Fight For Love
Grief Bringer
The Dragonoid Form
Father's Day
Twitchy Tim
Island Of The Keepers
The Gift
Uncontrollable Water
The Signal
Under The Sea
Recharging The Battery
The Merlopians
Benthomaar's Story
The Storm Amulet
Ninjago City
The Goodbyes
Home
Saving Nya
Freeing The Ninja
The Oni Form
Harbor
The End Of The Overlord
Reunited
Land Of The Three Mountains
Crossroads Carnival
Kai And Nya
Cloud Kingdom
Imperium
Dragon Power
ArraKore
Golem
Hoarder
The Empress
Only The Beginning
Chronosteel
The Mechanic, Again
The Cook-Off
Nightmares
Battle At Cloud Kingdom
Visions

The Temple

45 0 0
By Bloodline_Xox236

I landed in the Dragon stables with the others. We just got back from dealing with a Mergequake. I watched as the Dragons went to their correct sleeping quarters. Lloyd turned to Arin and Sora who approached him, "I'm still surprised how many Dragons decided to stay after we freed them from Imperium."

"Having these stables makes it easier" Sora replied and the Dragon, Sora, nuzzled into me. I smiled and petted her snout.

"Stables that weren't here before the Merge" Arin said, "Right?" He turned to Lloyd. Dragon Sora departed and I waved bye as I walked to Arin, (human) Sora, Lloyd and Riyu. "It's almost like everything is coming together for reason." Arin said.

Sora chuckled and turned to Arin, "I love ya Arin, but...Not everything is some big cosmic plan. These Dragons love living in these caves. We humans love living in the comfortable Monastery up top."

A blast of fire went by us, lighting a torch. "Well...Most of the humans." Nadine walked over and smiled. I chuckled, "Despite you being a Hypnobrai, and for me...I'm half Dragon."

Sora glanced at us, "Oh, I totally forgot about that."

I watched Lloyd, Sora and Arin walk to the red hair girl. Lloyd spoke, "You're getting better at lighting those torches, Wyldfyre. But, are you sure you don't want, I don't know, a bed? A bathroom?"

The girl, Wyldfyre, scoffed "I'm not soft like the rest of you. I was raised by a Dragon. My bathroom is everywhere!"

I raised an eyebrow, curious about this girl. Lloyd shook his head, "Well, you'll always have a space up at the Monastery if you want it."

"Don't want, don't need."

The group leaves and I nod to Nadine, she followed and I walked to Wyldfyre. I kneel down to her and smile, "Hey there."

She looked at me and gasp, "No way! You're that Dragon lady!" She exclaimed. I smile "Yeah. I'm Asteria, nice to meet you Wyldfyre. I don't think we met. You say you were raised by a Dragon?"

"Yeah, I was! This is Heatwave, my family!" Wyldfyre said and Heatwave looked at me. I stood and reached my hand out, petting Heatwave. "You did an amazing job at raising a human girl, Heatwave."

I turned to Wyldfyre, "You know...Once you warm up to us, maybe you could join the Monastery." I smile. Wyldfyre scoffed, "As if. You should join us down here! It's way more fun!"

I smile, "Did you know I was raised by humans?" I ask. The girl's eyes widen and she looked at me. I continued, "I was separated by my biological family and my mother sadly passed away...My adoptive family found me living on the streets and took me in."

"You should try to think about others, Wyldfyre...I'll leave you alone though." I bowed my head to the kid and my wings flapped, leaving the Dragon stables.

~~~

Zane and I have been trying to get Lloyd to come to the basement since we found more about Mergequakes. We heard fighting at Arin and Sora's room and we ran in.

My eyes furrow, seeing the others trying to get Wyldfyre and Kai to stop fighting. "Everyone!" I roared and they froze, looking in my direction. I turn to Zane, letting him speak."We need you all to come with us" the ice ninja spoke.

"Don't you see we have a situation?" The bean sprout asked. I glared, "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon." I growled. The bean sprout tensed at my harsh tone. "This is a very serious issue and I will not allow us to just ignore it."

~~~

We arrived in the basement and I watched from afar as Zane started to explain. "I have spend the past few days catching up on everything that I missed when I went offline during the Merge. Especially the Mergequakes like we saw yesterday. They threaten to destroy everything and are increasing in frequency and intensity."

"Zane, we know the Mergequakes are getting worse." Lloyd said, "Did you and Asteria just bring us down here for that because I have plants to water."

Zane turned to Lloyd, "I do not believe you understand the severity of the data."

I walked over and pushed buttons on the computer, pulling up the map. Zane continued, "The Mergequakes are not simply getting worse, their frequency is about to hit a tipping point. Right now, they are appearing one at a time."

My eyes narrowed, "Soon, they'll engulf all the lands. Until everything is gone."

The fire ninja frowned "Then...What's the solution?" He asked. I turned to him and everyone else, "There is no solution. We found nothing."

It was quiet until Nya spoke, "Zane, can you roll back? Zoom in."

I watched as Zane zoomed in. "Stop there" Nya said while walking over, "Up a bit...Um...Over to the left. There. Stop right there. I knew I had seen this before."

Nadine tilts her head "What do you mean?" She asks her Mum. Nya smiled "When I was researching Mergequakes in the Cloud Kingdom, I found an old text referring to a coalescence."

I raised an eyebrow "Is it a Merge?"

She shrugs "It's what I thought too. A coalescence was once prophesied to happen, but didn't. It was stopped."

Sora walked over "How?" She asks. I watched as Nya held the scroll up, "By an ancient power kept here. The Temple of the Dragon cores. But I had no context for this image until now." She turned to the computer.

"Zane's data revealed where the temple is. If something here prevented a Merge before then it's our best bet at stopping Mergequakes now before it's too late." She turns to Lloyd and I looked.

He nods, agreeing "Watering plants can wait."

~~~

I flew next to the others while in my Dragon form, everyone sitting on the other Dragons. Kai spoke, "These trees are the size of skyscrapers" he gasped.

"They are the world trees" Zane explained. Nya looked at her scroll "According to the map, the temple should be right around here."

There was an opening in a tree ahead so we flew in, landing and the others jumped off the Dragons while I sat down, my wings flexing a bit.

It was a long flight.

I watched the others approach the door, Sora spoke "Looks like the whole door is one big puzzle lock. Maybe if we try..."

She was cut off by Kai and I rolled my eyes, "Uh, let us handle this one." He walked to the door and pulled the middle lever. It glowed, "I made it do a thing. I deserve a break." He smirked.

I turned human as I stood, stretching and walking over to everyone. Nya crossed her arms and I turned to Sora, "What porcupine is trying to say is we have a lot of experience getting into temples like these."

"Hey!"

Lloyd tilts his head, "There's probably a combination of movements that unlocks it."

"I can run all possible scenarios" Zane smiled and walked to the door. I mumbled, "This will take a while..."

~~~

I sat on the ground, my back against Heatwave as Nadine had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I perked up when I heard Zane, I shook Nadine awake gently.

"I have processed all possible combinations and none of them resulted in the positive outcome" Zane said, "We must have missed something."

Arin jumped down and walked to the door with Sora and Nadine, "Three Dragon cores and levers..."

"So it could be designed so that no single person can enter alone" Sora replied. Nadine smiled, "Oh, I see where you're going with this."

The three grab the three levers and pull them. I watch as the symbols on the door lit up and it opened. Lloyd smiled, "Okay. Let's head in."

I spoke, "I'll stay our here with the Dragons. Someone needs to keep watch in case something happens..."

~~~

I heard loud fighting from in the temple. "...They're probably fine." I mumbled and leaned against Heatwave.

I pulled out my album out from my bag, looking through it as I found pictures of Jay, Junior, Skales, Selma...

And Zariya. I caressed my thumb against the picture. I was a bit puzzled...Was she a human? Also, how could I ever get these Dragon powers if none of my parents have them?

I sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 109 6
This is my very first time writing a story so it might not be that great. Please don't be mean or rude because I just did this for fun. ...
7.9K 166 15
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, using the Four Weapons of Spinjitzu. The Scythe of Quakes, the Nunchu...
4.2K 47 14
The ninja have finally defeated the lava-snake empress, Aspeera! With Kai's Powers back and Ninjago City tidied up once again, the ninja are back to...
2.4K 132 6
Before we start you need to know that your father is Hispanic and your mother is your race so if your mom and dad irl or mom and mom etc are black th...